Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Is Anybody Thinking This? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Is Anybody Thinking This? (1276 Views)

See Strange Kids' Sweets With Human Skull picture That Got Me Thinking(photo) / Please, Does Anybody Know How To Make PANCAKE?? I Wanna Learn Please.... :D / Pics!!! I Was Thinking This Stuff Is Juju.what Is This Thing!!!! Photos Here!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Anybody Thinking This? by Fairgodwin(m): 9:47am On Apr 15, 2015
Re: Is Anybody Thinking This? by DuchessLily(f): 9:54am On Apr 15, 2015
Hmmm... .*thinking too*

God is gr8!!! All the wisdom come from HIM
Re: Is Anybody Thinking This? by braintext(m): 10:08am On Apr 15, 2015
You can find answers in the Bible and in your Biology textbook
Re: Is Anybody Thinking This? by Fairgodwin(m): 12:43pm On Apr 15, 2015
Re: Is Anybody Thinking This? by privatetisa(m): 12:56pm On Apr 15, 2015
Didn't you do Agricultural Science and Biology in your primary and secondary schools?
Haven't you heard or read of early men, fruit gatherers, stone throwing early hunters, early forest fires and man's discovery and control of fire?
The food you so much recognize and consume easily today have taken our earliest forefathers millennia to discover, understand, recognize and cultivate. The same goes for our fleshy meals, ie, meat, fish, poultry, etc.
Google to learn more if you are really interested in knowing the hows.
Re: Is Anybody Thinking This? by privatetisa(m): 1:06pm On Apr 15, 2015
If you are the type that reads novels - especially, science fiction, medical thrillers, historicals and the like, then you would have learnt a lot about that. I just finished reading Robin Cook's ACCEPTABLE RISK.And I saw the horror caused in ancient America as a result of wrong though sincere choice of food source.
Re: Is Anybody Thinking This? by Fairgodwin(m): 2:24pm On Apr 15, 2015
Re: Is Anybody Thinking This? by privatetisa(m): 2:54pm On Apr 15, 2015
Fairgodwin:

Sir, I'm quite a reader myself, it is what I live for. But you sir, are not getting my point. I am not talking about Science Fiction or Agricultural Science just the way it is written in books. I am talking about you imagining it in the deepest part of your imagination . d in its realest form. Just imagine how a man must have saw a 'cassava stem' annd then just decides to plant/put it in the ground and then give it some time, and afterwards go back to it and discover some form of tubers instead. I am talking about way before the advent of our 'science fiction' and 'agricultural science' books.
Now, let me put this to you; who thought our own 'village forefathers' why and how to 'fry garri?' Who thought them how to make 'eba and cook gbegiri and ewedu soup?' I bet your 'science fiction and agricultural science' books didn't teach them these! They "invented" and "discovered" all these way way before they went to school or saw any book not even to talk of agrictultural science text books. Even the so called books 'met them doing all these things.' The books were written based on what was on ground, what they saw [men do].
Please let's take a critical look into all these things (without necessarily referring to books but rather our intellect and empirical derivatives and generalisations). Thank you.

I'm sorry to say but what I perceived is that you have a closed or better stiil a myopically conservative mind. You are expectating posters to think along a particular line of view which you already have in mind - possibly, along a religious point of view. That's why you are continually rejecting other poeple's opinions. Why didn't you address the historical part of that post you posed to be analysing?

Of course, you ain't a reader. You are only trying to pose as one. If you are, you will probably not be asking these questions. At least, not the way you are asking them and arguing about them.
The Agricultural science that you so vehemently reject will expose you to the historical discovery and development of food materials by man. These were mainly by his intuition, instinct, by observing his environment which includes the animals feeding around him, by trial and error ( primitive experimentation) and so on.
Go and ask a modern day food scientist/technologist how he take know how to make food in noodles, pasta, pies, fries and the likes. It's the power of the inquisitive mind and the consequent experimentation (trial and error).

Oh boy, google and read. And learn to cherish scientific facts.
Re: Is Anybody Thinking This? by Fairgodwin(m): 3:03pm On Apr 15, 2015
Re: Is Anybody Thinking This? by braintext(m): 3:41pm On Apr 15, 2015
Fairgodwin:

Sir, I'm talking about being very logical and empirical. And moreover, I didn't get where it was recorded [in the Bible] that the first man, Adam, 'made fire and placed a pot on it to cook rice and beans.' I hope you get my point?

Yh i got ya point wink....i was just .....
Re: Is Anybody Thinking This? by Fairgodwin(m): 3:51pm On Apr 15, 2015
braintext:

Yh i got ya point wink....i was just .....

Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Food Celebrating Nigeria's Independence / Pls Where Can I Learn How To make Chin-chin, Shuku-shuku And Gurudi / What Are Your Kids Doing This Summer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.