Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,200 members, 7,953,741 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:22 AM

Sermon On Mount Danfo - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sermon On Mount Danfo (497 Views)

Joshua Iginla Visits Mount Camel, Israel Where Elijah Called Down Fire / Mount Zion Ministries Speaks On BBNaija (See Reactions) / Adeboye's Mount Carmel Prayer Mountain In Osun State (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sermon On Mount Danfo by roughdiamond1: 10:28am On Apr 15, 2015
On my way to church yesterday, I was thrown into deep thought. My head was badly aching as I engaged in a turbulent self-analysis.

The more the soprano-pitched voice get heightened relaying words that were like burning spear storming every part of my body, the more my head spinned almost at the verge of cutting loose.

Mobile pulpit is not an unknown thing especially in Lagos. Everywhere on the road, in the market, in the public transport (danfo, molue) etc. Except you have a deafening aid, your pinna have no choice than to absorb their words into your ears. You mind can choose to process it or not.

My concern is actually the content of their sermon. I have encountered some whose sermon was really off-the-hook and right there I got blessed like really got touched by the words. Whereas some are just very cruel and puncturing. Like the one I experienced yesterday, this woman with her thin pitch voice sounding as high as the heavens, she was just leaching out different stuffs. If you do this or do that or this, this, this, it is straight to hell. And I was like just like that!

She even went deeper to analyze types of lies whether white or black or yellow, the end is HELL! She said if you lie to someone that you are in Lagos whereas you are in Enugu, it is a sin. But what if I really do have a genuine explanation for that. I have always thought that the intention behind something is what matters. Because my own bible tells me that it is inside the heart of man that all evil things come from so it is why I do something that influences my actions. What if I meant good by telling this lies but this woman gave no pardon oooo.

The crazy thing was that I had 100 naira on me but I gave out 500 naira note instead for a 100 naira fare. And the conductor was screaming out “pls bring out change ooo”. But my reason was that my next bus would charge me 50 naira so should I have given my last 100 naira and trying to give 500 naria note for a 50 naira journey. If as the woman was saying it and it was happening, I might not be here to tell the story because to her I have sinned. This is to show how she described all the normal activities of an individual’s life painting almost 98% as sins.

My brain nearly popped out. How possible is it to live then with all these listed rules? Maybe I would have to write them boldly on my walls (I’m sure no space will be left in between) so as to keep reminding myself. This Jesus this woman was saying is really hard to please oo. Everyone in the bus was just adjusting and trying hard to breathe. The sermon kept going even louder.

As I sat looking like one bereaved soul not capable of standing right with God because I failed almost all the rules she mentioned, I kept struggling with my mind. Can this woman at least tell me how Jesus loves me cos I love that part very much? The condemnation was too much (though she later said she was not here to criticize us). My head got heated up. I felt ashamed of myself. Life bored me instantly. I wished I wasn’t even created at all.

Besides, I took a surreptitious look at the highly righteous woman (she never made me believe otherwise). At some point I didn’t want to believe she was a human. I have never felt such intimidation in my life. I looked like a complete sinner. How I wish it is only Christ I could look up to like that and see myself as a sinner not with a human like myself.

Everything said was all about my ways, my life, my attitudes. How is it easy to lead such perfect life as she described. I don’t intend to challenge all her statements because that is how far she knew. She might be upright and very perfect, thank God for her life but myself and several other people nko.

I have dealt with emotional torture caused by religious values and supposed conditions for upright living and the more I compelled myself to follow them the more I fell apart. I kept doing things that were contrary to what I intended. These were things I didn’t have proper understanding of why I don’t have to do them. Sorry to say, that’s why so many people have different life, school life is different from life in church and so others.

I believe in God, I believe in Jesus Christ and I believe in Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ has always say He didn’t come to the world for the righteous people but for sinners and as far as I allow Him, He will lead me through the journey of my life. He promised to send the Holy Spirit which is our comforter who will abide with us and be our guide. It is a known thing that Holy Spirit does not stay in a messy environment. What keeps Him to stay is if the heart is clean and without blemish. Jesus Christ has reduced the commandments into two with LOVE being the paramount thing. This was how I was able to liberate myself.

When God’s love occupies one’s heart, you genuinely allow God into your heart and you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and savior, the heart becomes His abode. That heart is so much welcomed by the Holy Spirit. And interestingly, the Holy Spirit leads you to do good at all time. The bible says we’ve got no power of our own; the GRACE of God is what we should continually seek. Our own effort cannot save us. That is why human will promise and fail but God is not human who will lie or son of man who will repent.

This life is made tough itself, but working with Christ soothes it because he has said “come all ye that labour and heavily laden and I will give you rest”. It is sure He will. Accepting Him and walking with Him is the best option a man can go for. As far you stay committed with Him, and you continually fellowship with Him through His words which is the Bible, He will lead you and guide you through the journey of your life.

It is never a burden being with Christ, it is eternal happiness and even if the world rejects you, your crown is in heaven. Though you might say, you haven’t gotten all you need, have you forgotten that being rich is not a guarantee for fulfilled living. Even at the lowest of ranks, if you are with God, you will be fulfilled everyday of your life. It is that feeling that you don’t even know how it is happening, all your needs are being meant and you have a peaceful heart.

All what is required is “come the way you are to Him”. Cry out and confess all what you’ve being doing that your conscience has termed as sin (because even those that did not hear of Christ will be judged by their conscience). Be heartbroken and be remorseful, say them out and pray for Him to forgive you and lead you. Let the Bible be you constant guide. We are no more under laws and rules as Apostle Paul stated so let your mind be at rest and gradually you will become transformed for His glory.

Read though the book of Romans (chapter 1-16), it was written to deeply explain how we can be made acceptable to God and the sacrifice of Jesus Christ for our sins.

Know that eternal life with Christ is not an inter-race but an intra-race. It is a race with only YOU being the contestant. Learn from people but know that nobody is perfect, even Apostle Paul said he wasn’t there yet, he is still running the race.

Pray that God will give us the grace to continually work with Him.

P.S. I stand for evangelism of any right sort and also the spread of the word of God.

Read more: www.livelifeng.com[http://www.livelifeng.com/sermon-on-mount-danfo]

(1) (Reply)

An Important Lesson From The Titanic That Cannot Be Overlooked / Faith Clinic / Faith Of Abraham

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.