Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,328 members, 7,954,323 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:40 PM

Javier Pastore, The Most Underrated Player In The World Today - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Javier Pastore, The Most Underrated Player In The World Today (983 Views)

Aguero Is Offically The Most Selfish Player In Epl. / The Most Complete Player In Football History *picture* / Man Utd Players Including Sergio Romero And Javier Hernandez, Train In San Jose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Javier Pastore, The Most Underrated Player In The World Today by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:24pm On Apr 15, 2015
[b]Eric Cantona recent claim of who is the best player in World Football might come as a surprise to many people. The controversial former captain of Manchester United did not choose between the two players debated as the best of this footballing generation.

Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi are the two favorites in the Ballon d'Or award for the past seven years. But, Eric Cantona shunned both names to mention Javier Pastors, the skillful midfielder of Paris St. German, who Cantona thinks boasts of unique talents.

"For me, the best player in the world, the most exciting player in the world is Javier Pastore," Cantona said.

"Why? Because I watched two games just to see Pastore playing, giving passes - he has got something special.

"Football is interactive, that's why football is so popular, I think. And Pastore can do things that other players don't know.

"It's interactive and he surprises you every time. Not only scoring spectacular goals, everything. Passing, passing, he is a very creative player.

"For me, he is the most creative player in the world today. That's why I think he is the best player in the world because I love this kind of player."

It is nice Pastore gets some credit he deserves. I like watching Pastore play, his elegance on the ball surpasses a lot of players today. He reminds me of Zinedine Zidane. Cantona is right if he is looking at the elegance in the play of Javier Pastore.

Some people tag players like Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo as the best when they look at their goal scoring ability.

Some players have effect in the success of their teams but they never win the Ballon d'Or. Players like Toni Kroos, Andrea Pirlo and Xavi.

Pastore is so much fun to watch. He plays in an effortless way and he has great vision. Cantona is rating Pastore on skill and the player he feels gives the most joy to watch. That is what Cantona considers as the best player.

Pastore is World Class and underrated. It will be interesting watching Pastore as he faces Barcelona in the Quarter finals of the Champions League.

http://footymail..com/2015/04/javier-pastore-most-underrated-player.html[/b]
Re: Javier Pastore, The Most Underrated Player In The World Today by Ibime(m): 12:40pm On Apr 15, 2015
Story for the Gods. Someone who couldn't make PSG or Argentina team until this season. He's improved in the last 6 months is all I can say.
Re: Javier Pastore, The Most Underrated Player In The World Today by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:59pm On Apr 15, 2015
Ibime:
Story for the Gods. Someone who couldn't make PSG or Argentina team until this season. He's improved in the last 6 months is all I can say.

That is why I said he is the most underrated player. He has immense qualities but many overlook him, including his coaches.

Watch his performance against Chelsea in the second leg of the Champions league, he dominated the midfield with ease. He deserves more credit.
Re: Javier Pastore, The Most Underrated Player In The World Today by pamcode(m): 3:09pm On Apr 15, 2015
common ibime the guy depreciated, i believe he was psg star man in the season b4 they met chelsea in d quarter final.He was a thorn in d flesh of barca defence.

1 Like

Re: Javier Pastore, The Most Underrated Player In The World Today by raumdeuter: 5:48pm On Apr 15, 2015
Cantona is drunk or senile
Re: Javier Pastore, The Most Underrated Player In The World Today by fredoooooo: 11:52am On Apr 16, 2015
See Cantonas life on the street grin grin
Re: Javier Pastore, The Most Underrated Player In The World Today by Ibime(m): 3:52pm On Apr 16, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

That is why I said he is the most underrated player. He has immense qualities but many overlook him, including his coaches.

Watch his performance against Chelsea in the second leg of the Champions league, he dominated the midfield with ease. He deserves more credit.

If anything he was overrated hence the reason someone thought he was worth £35m when he was clearly not, and paid him an extortionate salary to boot.

He was simply brought down to his real level by the coaches who benched him.

Cantona must be smoking crack to claim he is the best player in the world. Just yesterday, Messi, Neymar, Suarez and Busquets proved that Cantona needs to go for check-up.
Re: Javier Pastore, The Most Underrated Player In The World Today by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:14pm On Apr 16, 2015
Ibime:

If anything he was overrated hence the reason someone thought he was worth £35m when he was clearly not, and paid him an extortionate salary to boot.

He was simply brought down to his real level by the coaches who benched him.

Cantona must be smoking crack to claim he is the best player in the world. Just yesterday, Messi, Neymar, Suarez and Busquets proved that Cantona needs to go for check-up.

Pastore had a nice game. From the way you are talking, it is clear you do not get Cantona's point of view.

When we rate CR7, Messi, Neymar, Suarez, you are talking of their goals and assists as you pointed above.

However, when we talk of grace and elegance on the ball, Pastore is above any other player.

Read Ginola's view of this.

"Pastore is not on the same level as Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo. He's not scoring enough goals or making enough assists.

"On the other hand, having a Javier Pastore in any team will add an extra 'je ne sais quoi', something special. Every time he gets the ball he is trying to create something. He has been amazing for Paris Saint-Germain."

Pastore does not score as much as the top rated players, but his class as a special player is undoubted. Mind you, Pastore's time at Palermo and Hurracan were phenomenal that earned him his price tag to PSG.

(1) (Reply)

Eden Hazard Named Player Of The Year. / Hull City(1) Vs Arsenal(3) On Saturday 17th January / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.