Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Please Help A Nairalanders Solve A Problem - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help A Nairalanders Solve A Problem (1900 Views)

I Have A Problem Pls Advice / Photo: How Do We Solve A Problem Like This. ? / An Indian Groom Was Dumped At The Altar After He Failed To Solve A Simple Maths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help A Nairalanders Solve A Problem by MARKone(m): 6:10pm On Apr 15, 2015
Hahahaha see gbege!! Stuff like this actually do happen. The man is just a victim of circumstance f.ucked Back to Back by his wife, lover boy and maybe the Law, so he should be exempted from the 'unfair' question. The law took it's logical course, if the defence was not able to save the man, then the Law should not be blamed, remember mother justice is blind. Now the unfair ones should be the wife who fuccked another man, and the man that was fuccked, which made the woman commit suicide, which made the Law sentence the husband to 20yrs n jail. So therefore dead wayward woman and lover boy are unfair.

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Nairalanders Solve A Problem by RobinHez(m): 6:52pm On Apr 15, 2015
benny4wax:
do you have something in mind?
Well she must have been scared of his silence,,,thinking he had a Brutal plan, and so because of fear of the unknown, she took her life.
Re: Please Help A Nairalanders Solve A Problem by Ewuro4: 7:05pm On Apr 15, 2015
thorpido:
Autopsy still works in Nigeria even though corruption messes up a lot of things.A colleague of mine witnessed the autopsy of the Arowolo lady that was murdered by her husband.

I bet it wasn't free of charge.

And I never meant autopsies aren't conducted in Nigeria atall, the question is what's the rate ? Many families would definately want to know but can they afford it coupled with funeral expenses??

Besides I would never trust them to perform a clinical Autopsy on my family in Nigeria. The one I witnessed was gory and an eyesore. And there's no tangible inferences in the end. Talk about adding salt to injury.

See this case studies:
Results: A total of 1679 dead bodies were received at the mortuary of the institution studied during the 4-year period. Autopsies were performed in 78 cases giving a request rate of 4.7%. Coroner's autopsy was commonly performed, and this accounted for 60 (76.9%) cases, while the remaining 18 (23.1%) were clinical autopsies. Autopsies were commonly performed on male bodies more than females (M: F = 2.6:1.0) with the majority having died at their second decade of life.

Trends in clinical autopsy [b] rate in a Nigerian tertiary hospital.
Oluwasola AO, et al. Afr J Med Med Sci. 2007.
Show full citation
Abstract
The benefits of autopsy in medical practice are undisputed. In spite of these benefits, autopsy rates worldwide are on a precipitous decline. This study aims to determine trends in autopsy rate in a Nigerian tertiary institution from 1984-2003.A retrospective study of the autopsies conducted between 1984 and 2003. The post mortem registers of the department of Pathology University College Hospital Ibadan were reviewed for records of autopsy over the two decades. A total of 30,899 deaths and 3385 autopsy requests were registered during the period of study, giving average annual deaths of 1626 and average annual autopsies of 178 respectively. Autopsy rates at the hospital declined from an average of 19% in 1984 to 3.6% in 2003. The decline affected all clinical departments and both sexes. The highest autopsy rate of 19.9% was in 1986, while the lowest rate of 3% was recorded in the year 2000. There has been a remarkable decline in hospital autopsy rate in the University College Hospital Ibadan over the last 2 decades. The decline affected both adult and pediatric patients, both sexes and all principal medical units. There is need for active involvement of all stake holders including clinicians, pathologists and family members of deceased patients in strategic measures aimed at reversing this trend. An investigation into the factors responsible for this decline with the view to improving the autopsy services in the hospital is also required.
Re: Please Help A Nairalanders Solve A Problem by thorpido(m): 9:30pm On Apr 15, 2015
Ewuro4:

I bet it wasn't free of charge.

And I never meant autopsies aren't conducted in Nigeria atall, the question is what's the rate ? Many families would definately want to know but can they afford it coupled with funeral expenses??

Besides I would never trust them to perform a clinical Autopsy on my family in Nigeria. The one I witnessed was gory and an eyesore. And there's no tangible inferences in the end. Talk about adding salt to injury.

See this case studies:

You're right about the no being very small.Most families just want to bury their dead anyway.Coroner's autopsy is a small percentage and is done mostly in celebrated cases like the Arowolo case.
Autopsies are usually gory.I hail those pathologists.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Single Brothers and Sisters, Keep Your Head Up! / 8 Things That Happens When You Breastfeed Baby Boys / Citizens Arrested Pastor And Wife For Pregnanting Daughters And Covering It Up,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.