Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,687 members, 7,820,394 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

The Back From The Dead Gospel - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Back From The Dead Gospel (876 Views)

Benson Idahosa Boasts Of Raising The Dead (Video) / How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? / Gospel Singer Sinach Is PREGNANT! (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Back From The Dead Gospel by justwords(m): 6:56pm On Apr 15, 2015
THE BACK FROM THE DEAD GOSPEL
The first sign of deception the Lord warned about is “take heed lest any man deceives you...”(Mt. 24: 4) for deception to be deception, the deceived will at least be convinced he is in the ‘right’ and those not following his error are erring! Eve’s deception is proof: “she saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the Eye and also desirable for gaining wisdom...” (Gen.3:6) thus she was in the ‘right’ and God was wrong! After all, who would reject a ‘spiritual antidote’ for Luke warmness, in spite it’s bait nonetheless...
The chief characteristic of deception from a close biblical study may be summarized thus: “THE BIBLE ONLY IS NOT SUFFICIENT...” Any and every deceptive ideas speak thus; of course not plainly, but the discerning mind and common sanctified sense will quietly but “not quite always easily” hear the inference: “GOD’S WORD ALONE IS NOT ENOUGH, THIS, THIS AND THIS MUST ALSO BE OBSERVERD...” This is one of deceptions trademark and this is so easily seen in the “BACK FROM THE DEAD GOSPELS...” A short example is how are we saved? How do we receive eternal life? A short but complete answer from the bible is “BELIEVING IN CHRIST JESUS”( Jn.3:16) and who is he that is eternally condemned “ HE THAT BELIEVES NOT IN JESUS CHRIST [ONLY]”(Jn 3:16,17;14:6), but the back from the dead gospels’ have more insights and revelations ‘desirable for gaining wisdom and verily pleasing to the eye- more insights to get saved (eternal life) into heaven; In a summary you must do all the back from dead’s say do...and stop whatever they say stop! Believing in Christ is simply not enough: “GOD’S WORD IS INSUFFICIENT...” Nonetheless, we accept it; of course who will reject ‘spiritual antidote’ to lukewarmness despite it’s only a bait...”
T¬¬he bible was written over a period of 1600years, by forty different Authors coming from different backgrounds, times, etc. and yet all forty writers (Holy men of God-prophets) speak of one mind and complement each other’s writing; the agreement among these various writers is one proof and one way as well, to identify “inspired” or rather GOD BREATHED writings. On the contrary, no two back from the dead’ even when the interval of return from the Dead is two minutes apart, and they lived in the same house; no two of them report same or complementary ‘Revelation’ why? Because it is no Revelation at all it is what Paul called ‘another gospel’- which is non at all (Gal.1:18);THE ‘REVELATION’ are not GOD BREATHED, yet believers are increasingly laying aside dependence on the WORD which is “GOD BREATHED” and seeking/depending/trusting this “new revelation” which is non at all.
Paul was such as had an out of body experience in fact he said “whether [the experience] it was in the body or out of the body i do not know- God knows!” (2cor.12:2,3), he indeed repeated himself, for emphasis again in the third verse (verse 3); now what did Paul hear or see when caught up in paradise: “INEXPRESSIBLE THINGS, THINGS THAT MAN IS NOT PERMITTED TO TELL.” (12:4) Things man is not permitted to tell? How come men are now permitted, in fact COMMANDED to tell the back from the Dead Gospels? Unlike Paul, all others having the so-called “BACK FROM DEAD” experiences are commanded to tell all they saw, in fact they are told that is the reason they are been sent back to the world! Again contrary to lessons from scripture, we are deceived to thinking men will be convinced if someone rises from the dead- false assumptions (please check luke 16:19-31)
“If someone from the dead goes to them they will not repent...” Luke 16:30
This was the deception of the Rich man; inspite of his genuine concern for the soul of his brothers, father Abraham knew better:
“If they do not listen to Moses and the prophets they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead”Luke 16:31

Clearly one of the “take heeds lest any man deceives you”(there are four of these in Matthew 24) is clearly being ignored by those who claim to be taking heed by believing these ‘false teachers’ who of course “shall come in my name” (matt. 24:5,11-24); and in there lies the success of the deception: “they come in my name” and that is again a characteristic of deception: deception must be done in the name of “doing good”. The deceiving serpent did not come in the name of Satan; it said: “Did God really say...” (Gen3:1) In other words, you did not get what God was saying clearly; when he says you shall die; it does not mean you shall surely die; infact “you shall not surely die...”(Gen.3:4) Even God knows that when you eat of it, your eyes will be opened (because you’re blind now!) And (infact) you will be like God, knowing good and evil! (3:5) No mention of Satan or sin, “you will be God...” Deception in the name of Satan will never be successful and thus can never be called deception; none of those “Satan worshippers” could claim to be deceived infact they brag in the name of Satan, as one of the rap singers claim: “I gave the devil my soul at least it came with some toys...” He is not deceived, he wanted a bargain “some toys Satan in exchange for my soul” how terrible; he knows all Satan will give are but toys compared to his soul, nevertheless he makes the exchange, observe that this man knows...
On the other hand, those deceived will believe the lie told in Jesus name, and will sincerely believe they are pleasing God, they will never believe if it were not in Jesus name; that is why Christ had to warn sternly; indeed the lord said: “see i have told you ahead of time” (or in advance) [mt 24:25], but we are prone to be forgetful- how terrible! To be forgetful of a stern warning? Or rather to ignore spiritual (biblical) discernment.
We are told by some not to ‘question’ what the ‘back from the dead’ present, and that it is a matter between them and God, yet we are compelled to listen and even believe their claims; but we have no obligation to believe them, if we do not have any right to discern(test) them- test all spirits! Indeed the biblical Injunction is to: “test all spirits”, in fact the scripture says: “believe not all spirits” ( I Jn.4:1) Even the apostle Paul’s preaching was checked by the Bereans from the scriptures to see if it were so [Acts.17:11] some people protest saying the back from the dead’s are quoting the scriptures; alas the Bereans who checked the true apostle Paul; checked him inspite of his preaching the scriptures; and they checked if what Paul was preaching was so in the scriptures, in other words whether he preached the scriptures scripturally (in scriptural context) and they were commended for this as noble; therefore, would it not be inexcusable fool hardiness for any believer to believe any ‘new revelations’ when they had not checked it from the scriptures? It is the sheerest recklessness for anyone to believe an untested spirit! And in this recklessness lies the bedrock of deception! We are under no obligation whatsoever to believe any man, regardless whom he is, if he and his teachings have not been taken to the crucible of the living word of God and his message tried. Again we are under no obligation to accept a teaching if we would not be responsible for judging (discerning/testing) that teaching! Still others recommend that we take that which is right and discard that which is wrong- believe me; I smart because it goes to show how much of a “workman” who rightly divides the word of truth we are! Is God’s revelation a mixture of takes and discards? This is utter shamefulness! The word of God is flawless (Ps 18:30) how come these ‘new revelations’ are takes and discards? This question is easily answered by a child: because it is no revelation at all rather this is the influx of seducing spirits; and they do not arise from outside the church but from within it, exactly as the scriptures foretold! (cf Acts 20:30) “Even from your own number, men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them!” (Acts 20:30) and this is the exact achievement of the ‘back from the dead Gospel’- drawing away disciples after them. John writing concerning the spirits of the antichrist said of such “they went out from us…” (1 Jn 2:19), Christ said: “they will come in my name... [and they will say] did we not do many wonderful works in your name?” (Matt 24:5:7:21-23). In the second part of this topic we shall examine the “DISTORTION OF THE TRUTH” and in the third part “THE BIBLICAL RESPONSE”. However we must take heed; there are two types of gospels; the gospel and that which is no gospel at all! The gospel is “Christ and he crucified only” salvation is by GRACE ALONE, NOT GRACE PLUS WORKS AT ALL! This is the gospel of Christ; this is that which Paul emphasized to the Galatians saying: “if we or angel from heaven should preach a gospel (other than the one we preached to you, LET HIM BE ETERNALLY CONDEMED (Gk Anathema) [Gal 1:8], the gospel which is none at all is GRACE plus works or works gospel- salvation by our works: “do’s and don’ts”; do this and this and this and you’ll get to heaven; do this and this and you’ll get to hell- this is the chief trademark of ALL BACK FROM THE DEAD GOSPELS as well as all FALSE GOSPELS- faith in the sacrifice of Christ alone is not sufficient; you must observe certain rituals; for the Galatians it was circumcision. In the next part of this topic, we shall examine certain areas of “distortion of truth” to draw away disciples which predominates the works Gospel of the back from the dead!
Examine these things yourself; observe the underlying gospel of every of the ‘back from the dead, whether it is Grace Alone by faith in Christ alone or if it is filled with works, works and works.
Whatever any man may oppose in this writing, may we do well to heed:
2 cor.11:4 “for if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough...”
Eph.2:8,9 “It is by Grace that you have been saved through faith: and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God, not by works, lest any should boast...”
Gal.3:2 “for received you the spirit by observing the law or by believing what you heard?
Gal.3:3 “Are you so foolish? After beginning with the spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Back From The Dead Gospel by An2elect2(f): 9:22pm On Apr 16, 2015
wow wow just in time. This is awesome.

And finally we thank God that the sheep know the voice of the shepherd.

Cc: 5solas

1 Like

Re: The Back From The Dead Gospel by 5solas(m): 10:27pm On Apr 17, 2015
An2elect2:
wow wow just in time. This is awesome.

And finally we thank God that the sheep know the voice of the shepherd.

Cc: 5solas
Reading! I will comment later, please.
Re: The Back From The Dead Gospel by An2elect2(f): 12:28am On Apr 18, 2015
5solas:

Reading! I will comment later, please.

Okay. No problem at all.
Re: The Back From The Dead Gospel by 5solas(m): 10:43pm On Apr 26, 2015
@An2elect2
The article is an interesting one and it is aptly captioned, The Back From The Dead Gospel grin . I have always had reservation about such gospel bacause while seemingly encouraging believers to abstain from sin, they strike a deadly blow on the believer's assurance of salvation. About 1998, they was one such gospel documented as ''24 Hours Interview In Hell'' in which the message was passed that believers had no right to assurance of salvation by logical deduction of the message there. The ''prophet '' was interviewing the ''believers'' he saw in hell. One woman that was noted for her faith and good works was there and in anguish told the ''prophet'' how she got to be there. Something like, '' I was doing so well until I quarelled with a brother, I ought to have gone to him for reconcilliation, but being her elder, I expected him to come to me as custom demands, before I knew it ,I found myself in this terrible place''. I know this testimony is a lie because a believer cannot lose salvation and that I know, teach and affirm . Sadly this ''gospel'' reinforces the lie, that salvation can be lost, especially as it claims to be a ''revelation''.
Even if a friend dies and comes back from the dead and I know the details of it all, I wouldn't believe him if he said he saw believers in hell. My belief is in The Word and there is no falsehood therein.
Re: The Back From The Dead Gospel by Joagbaje(m): 10:58pm On Apr 26, 2015
Too long to read. Op kindly go to your point in summary . What is back from the dead?
Re: The Back From The Dead Gospel by An2elect2(f): 11:19pm On Apr 26, 2015
5solas:
@An2elect2
The article is an interesting one and it is aptly captioned, The Back From The Dead Gospel grin . I have always had reservation about such gospel bacause while seemingly encouraging believers to abstain from sin, they strike a deadly blow on the believer's assurance of salvation. About 1998, they was one such gospel documented as ''24 Hours Interview In Hell'' in which the message was passed that believers had no right to assurance of salvation by logical deduction of the message there. The ''prophet '' was interviewing the ''believers'' he saw in hell. One woman that was noted for her faith and good works was there and in anguish told the ''prophet'' how she got to be there. Something like, '' I was doing so well until I quarelled with a brother, I ought to have gone to him for reconcilliation, but being her elder, I expected him to come to me as custom demands, before I knew it ,I found myself in this terrible place''. I know this testimony is a lie because a believer cannot lose salvation and that I know, teach and affirm that. Sadly this ''gospel'' reinforces the lie, that salvation can be lost, especially as it claims to be a ''revelation''.
Even if a friend dies and comes back from the dead and I know the details of it all, I wouldn't believe him if he said he saw believers in hell. My belief is in The Word and there is no falsehood therein.

Wow Amen and nicely said smiley I once fell for this false gospel especially Mary Kathyrn Baxter's heaven and hell "revelation". I believed it. l read some of her books and articles and also listened to her audio messages that it almost took the place of the Word. Was i scared?
hell yes! I lived in fear and of course didn't think my salvation was secured.

This gospel just makes salvation by grace a big joke.
And just like you said reinforces the lie that salvation can be lost.

@embolden Double Gbam!!! smiley We don't live by special revelations, strange experiences, feelings, etc but by faith in the Word of God. I believe a thing because it is in the Word.

Wait, you say friend? lol my own, even if angel Gabriel comes down. Yea grin to give me that special revelation, no way will i fall for it. The Lord is my strength.

God bless 5solas. smiley

1 Like

Re: The Back From The Dead Gospel by Aizenosa(m): 12:58am On Apr 27, 2015
the Good Lord will bless ur soul for this. Amen

1 Like

Re: The Back From The Dead Gospel by 5solas(m): 8:03pm On Apr 28, 2015
An2elect2:

Wow Amen and nicely said smiley I once fell for this false gospel especially Mary Kathyrn Baxter's heaven and hell "revelation". I believed it. l read some of her books and articles and also listened to her audio messages that it almost took the place of the Word. Was i scared?
hell yes! I lived in fear and of course didn't think my salvation was secured.
Thank's to God for the deliverance. Checking MKB out.

This gospel just makes salvation by grace a big joke.
And just like you said reinforces the lie that salvation can be lost.
So true. I took a cursory look at it as I considered the truth of , ''once saved, always saved''.

@embolden Double Gbam!!! smiley We don't live by special revelations, strange experiences, feelings, etc but by faith in the Word of God. I believe a thing because it is in the Word.

They come and go , but the words of our God endures for ever.

Wait, you say friend? lol my own, even if angel Gabriel comes down. Yea grin to give me that special revelation, no way will i fall for it. The Lord is my strength.
Amen!
Even the devil can disguise as an angel of light!

God bless 5solas. smiley

God bless you too. grin

1 Like

Re: The Back From The Dead Gospel by An2elect2(f): 9:18pm On Apr 28, 2015
5solas:

Thank's to God for the deliverance. Checking MKB out.

So true. I took a cursory look at it as I considered the truth of , ''once saved, always saved''.

They come and go , but the words of our God endures for ever.

Amen!
Even the devil can disguise as an angel of light!

God bless you too. grin

Amen smiley

(1) (Reply)

Where Does The Bible Condemn Gambling? / Married Christian Couples Who Don't Practice 'missionary' Sex Will End Up In Hel / Do You Believe These As A Good Christian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.