Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,021 members, 7,953,053 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:56 AM

Towards A Detribalized Nairaland - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Towards A Detribalized Nairaland (535 Views)

Ali Monguno Was A Detribalized Nigerian And A Worthy Ambassador – Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Towards A Detribalized Nairaland by Hackomania(m): 8:56pm On Apr 15, 2015
Hello Nairalanders, mods and all,

At times like this in this country, it has become obvious that little tribal issues discussed on this platform could be aggravated by comments from colleagues, and unfortunately not all of us have the same levels of exposure, knowledge of ignorance as the case may be.

Examples of issues that, though national and thus affect us all but are tribal in nature, like the Lagos Monarch speech, the Igbo demand for a ministerial appointment, etc, can, if not handled with wisdom, may increase our tribal differences and make this country a less united polity.

I don't know how we all can handle this, but I believe our unity as a country should be a collective effort, and this would mean respecting the views and traditions of others in our comments and responses, and being tolerant of their ignorance for our religion and tribe. Let us not let the last few weeks weaken our unity that already hangs on the balance and let the outside world's doom-message about our division come true.

And if I may be permitted to add, keeping some of these posts that incite such tribal divisions on the front page, in my opinion, may not be the best for us as a nation, no matter how much it is trending.

For some of us, Nairaland is our most active community, and that implies that what we see here will go a long way in influencing our perspective about others around us.

If we value the unity of this country, please let's work towards it.

God bless you,
God bless Nairaland,
God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Towards A Detribalized Nairaland by okpamson15(m): 9:45pm On Apr 15, 2015
God bless you Op.

1 Like

Re: Towards A Detribalized Nairaland by Hackomania(m): 3:25pm On May 28, 2015
Thank you kindly

(1) (Reply)

Peace Begins With A Smile" / How Can I Unsubscribe From MTN Buy & Share Sponsored Agents? I Need Help Pls..!! / Please Help!, I Dont Know Who Debited My UBA Account?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.