Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,624 members, 7,827,331 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

FAAN Is On Strike? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FAAN Is On Strike? (782 Views)

FAAN Bans Luggage Screening At MMIA Departure Hall / FAAN Launches Lagos Airport Automated Car Park / FAAN Releases Statement On The Man Who caused a scare At Airport today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FAAN Is On Strike? by damseremie(m): 7:45am On Apr 16, 2015
I am currently at the Nnamdi Azikwe Airport in Abuja.
Two flights just offloaded passengers who had boarded. They say FAAN workers just started a strike.
Can anyone confirm this at different locations?
Update:: They just announced arrival of a Medview Flight... but they say that one took off before they started so it will land and stop
This is bad o. I have a 12pm appointment in Lag.
My flight is for 8:40 so we are all waiting for updates..
Re: FAAN Is On Strike? by damseremie(m): 7:49am On Apr 16, 2015
Update: they say it's air traffic controllers only
Re: FAAN Is On Strike? by damseremie(m): 7:52am On Apr 16, 2015
Update: They just called the 2 flights to board again.
Hopefully the people were just flexing muscle.
They may have called it off.
People are on the tarmac heading to the planes
Re: FAAN Is On Strike? by damseremie(m): 8:19am On Apr 16, 2015
First 2 flights just took off... like an hour late
Thank God though.
But the delay will spill over all through today
Re: FAAN Is On Strike? by damseremie(m): 9:33am On Apr 16, 2015
Na waa.
We have been in the plane for almost an hour.
The pilot said he just heard of the strike and the control tower put us on 'delay'.
He can't give us a definite take off time. That he just heard else he would have preferred we wait in the lobby

I don't even know if this means the strike is back on.. nobody is talking to us
Re: FAAN Is On Strike? by oluamid(m): 9:43am On Apr 16, 2015
Please give more info. I'm in Lagos but I really want to know what's going on. Is there any official announcement yet?
Re: FAAN Is On Strike? by oluamid(m): 10:00am On Apr 16, 2015
damseremie:
Na waa.
We have been in the plane for almost an hour.
The pilot said he just heard of the strike and the control tower put us on 'delay'.
He can't give us a definite take off time. That he just heard else he would have preferred we wait in the lobby

I don't even know if this means the strike is back on.. nobody is talking to us

Any update yet?
Re: FAAN Is On Strike? by damseremie(m): 10:17am On Apr 16, 2015
We are still grounded.
Since the first 2 aero flights moved. No other flights have. I am in First nation and a medview flight loaded too and has been beside us since.
It's been an hour and 30 minutes.
The worst bit is I am supposed to return today by 6. Only God knows if that flight will still happen at this rate
Re: FAAN Is On Strike? by damseremie(m): 10:21am On Apr 16, 2015
Update:
The pilot just spoke that at least control tower just gave him info that we are number 6 in the order. This was like 15 minutes ago.

But they didn't tell him the space between numbers. He even said this is better, cause the first time he radioed, they said we can't takeoff till 7pm shocked .
This is for an 8:40am flight.
We are still waiting
Re: FAAN Is On Strike? by oluamid(m): 10:57am On Apr 16, 2015
damseremie:
Update:
The pilot just spoke that at least control tower just gave him info that we are number 6 in the order. This was like 15 minutes ago.

But they didn't tell him the space between numbers. He even said this is better, cause the first time he radioed, they said we can't takeoff till 7pm shocked .
This is for an 8:40am flight.
We are still waiting

Woah!

It's the traffic controllers that are on a 6 hour warning strike. I just finished speaking with a NAMA official who said the issue will be resolved soon.

I hope you guys will be able to fly soon so u can meet up with ur appointment.
Re: FAAN Is On Strike? by damseremie(m): 12:23pm On Apr 16, 2015
I think i've already missed it sef
Re: FAAN Is On Strike? by tdayof(m): 1:23pm On Apr 16, 2015
Update :The Nigerian Air Force has taken control of operation in place of striking.

(1) (Reply)

UK Visa Application Interview / 5 Places To Experience Art And Culture In Lagos / How I Lost My Kid Sister Kevwe Etakpoefe Through Bus Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.