Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,875 members, 7,817,577 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Photo: Lebanese Woman,others Use EFCC Vests For Robbery - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Photo: Lebanese Woman,others Use EFCC Vests For Robbery (41000 Views)

Police Raid Kidnappers' Hideout In Ikorodu, Recover Bullet Proof Vests / 58-year-old Woman, Others Remanded In Prison For Prostitution / Ijaw Youths, OPC Clash In Arepo Over Pipeline, Pregnant Woman, Others Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photo: Lebanese Woman,others Use EFCC Vests For Robbery by boman2014: 8:29am On Apr 16, 2015
A 32-year-old Lebanese, Amira Abdallahi, along with five other suspects, have been arrested by the police for alleged robberies and frauds totalling N20m in different parts of Lagos and Abuja.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the suspects ─ Princewill Eze, 55; Daniel Okpara, 30; Paul Irior, 37; Bassey Ekpenyong, 39; Royal Nwabuike, 32; and the Lebanese ─ disguised as officials of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, and wore the commission’s branded vests.

It was gathered that they allegedly defrauded some Bureau de Change outlets in Lagos with the vests.

Our correspondent learnt that Eze, who is said to be the gang leader, was arrested by men of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad of the state command on February 27 in the VGC, Ajah area of Lagos.

Eze’s confessions, it was gathered, led to the arrest of the Lebanese woman and other gang members.

Items said to have been recovered from the gang included six Toyota vehicles, one single-barrelled pistol with four cartridges and a Bryco pistol with six rounds of 5.56mm ammunition.

The police also recovered N4m and $13, 000 from the gang.

During a parade on Wednesday, Abdallahi, whose father is a Lebanese and mother from Ishan, Edo State, said she joined the gang in 2014, and had done six deals with them where she realised about N10m.

She said, “I was born in Nigeria and I grew up in Lagos. I stay in Lekki area with my family. I am married with five daughters. The first money I got from the deals was $5,000. I could not stop because the money was tempting.

“I was formerly doing interior decorations work. That was how I met Eze, who is nicknamed Senator. I did some interior design jobs for him in a hotel he owned. That was around March 2014.

“I had done about six deals with the gang. My role is just to talk on phone with our would-be victims. They think I am a foreigner, and they are willing to trust us. I have made about N10m so far, but all the accounts have been drained now. I handed everything over to the police.”

Eze, the gang leader, from Nkanu, Enugu State, said, “Before we rob our victims, we usually tell them that we want to purchase dollars, but we know most of them do not have an operating licence. So, we will pretend to be officials of the EFCC, and we will harass them for not having a licence. Later, we will ask them to pay a fine.

“They will bring the money to us in convenient places like hotels and banks. I was formerly a businessman. I also run a hotel. It is about five years now that we started this project. I was arrested by the police four years ago for a similar issue, but I was granted bail by the court.

“The police walkie-talkie and other gadgets recovered from me were obtained during the Anambra elections. I was not into politics, but I was part of that election.”

The state Commissioner of Police, Kayode Aderanti, said the command would continue to ensure that criminals did not have a hideout in Lagos, adding that efforts were ongoing to get the remaining gang member.

He said, “We have recovered several items which the suspects procured with the proceeds of their robbery escapades. Eze, the ring leader, built a hotel in Edo, while other members also have houses in Delta, Ogun and Lagos states.

“Serious efforts are on to arrest the only gang member at large.

“The command assures residents of Lagos that it always has arrangements to ensure safety of lives and property.”

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/lebanese-woman-others-use-efcc-vests-for-robbery/

2 Shares

Re: Photo: Lebanese Woman,others Use EFCC Vests For Robbery by Nokiae5: 8:33am On Apr 16, 2015
take a look at sons,daughters,bros,sist,uncle,aunty.father,mother evolving wrong viles

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo: Lebanese Woman,others Use EFCC Vests For Robbery by alberto2k(m): 8:34am On Apr 16, 2015
like my Boss "Scarface" always said... Never Trust a Lebanese especially the ones settling in an african country and I've always believed him grin

Btw, is that not shuku hairstyle shocked Yeepa! grin

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo: Lebanese Woman,others Use EFCC Vests For Robbery by Nobody: 8:36am On Apr 16, 2015
Nokiae5:
take a look at sons,daughters,bros,sist,uncle,aunty.father,mother evolving wrong viles

To make money in Nigeria can be so easy sometimes through the wrong means because everybody is doing the wrong thing.

22 Likes

Re: Photo: Lebanese Woman,others Use EFCC Vests For Robbery by Cadamlk: 8:40am On Apr 16, 2015
We won't stop seeing wonders in this country.Obviously,these ones cannot tell me poverty and joblessness push them to do this but covetousness.They are on their own now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo: Lebanese Woman,others Use EFCC Vests For Robbery by kay29000(m): 8:42am On Apr 16, 2015
Interesting. Where is the Lebanese woman?
Re: Photo: Lebanese Woman,others Use EFCC Vests For Robbery by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 16, 2015
As it was in the beginning...

1 Like

Re: Photo: Lebanese Woman,others Use EFCC Vests For Robbery by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 16, 2015
kay29000:
Interesting. Where is the Lebanese woman?

The Lebanese lady....who is actually half lebanese....is second from left in the photo.

From the report...

Abdallahi, whose father is a Lebanese and mother from Ishan, Edo State, said she joined the gang in 2014, and had done six deals with them where she realised about N10m.

She said, “I was born in Nigeria and I grew up in Lagos. I stay in Lekki area with my family. I am married with five daughters. The first money I got from the deals was $5,000. I could not stop because the money was tempting.

“I was formerly doing interior decorations work. That was how I met Eze, who is nicknamed Senator. I did some interior design jobs for him in a hotel he owned. That was around March 2014.

“I had done about six deals with the gang. My role is just to talk on phone with our would-be victims. They think I am a foreigner, and they are willing to trust us. I have made about N10m so far, but all the accounts have been drained now. I handed everything over to the police.”

1 Like

Re: Photo: Lebanese Woman,others Use EFCC Vests For Robbery by geniusmedia: 1:00pm On Apr 16, 2015
We hope the incoming government brings this act of criminality to its bearest minimum.
Re: Photo: Lebanese Woman,others Use EFCC Vests For Robbery by ichidodo: 1:00pm On Apr 16, 2015
If they were robinhoods then we suppose they are due some level of sympathy but they was robbing for their own pockets.....they don't even have power bikes.**spits**

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photo: Lebanese Woman,others Use EFCC Vests For Robbery by Sunnycliff(m): 1:00pm On Apr 16, 2015
If it was Nigerians that Did this it would have been a universal case

2 Likes

Re: Photo: Lebanese Woman,others Use EFCC Vests For Robbery by Ilekeh(f): 1:00pm On Apr 16, 2015
This is what they call hardworking.

Smuggling drugs through Lagos ports from Asian countries, robbery, kidnapping and what not.

19 Likes

Re: Photo: Lebanese Woman,others Use EFCC Vests For Robbery by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 16, 2015
just passing
Re: Photo: Lebanese Woman,others Use EFCC Vests For Robbery by LewisO: 1:00pm On Apr 16, 2015
irunoobo:
[size=38pt] undecided

IGBO KWENUU grin grin grin grin[/size]

E be like say mention dey hungry u this afternoon. grin

Insult dey sweet u for body. grin

13 Likes

Re: Photo: Lebanese Woman,others Use EFCC Vests For Robbery by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 16, 2015
hmm...i no wan talk sha. after some people will start telling us how they own lagos and the economy.

18 Likes

Re: Photo: Lebanese Woman,others Use EFCC Vests For Robbery by Kelklein(m): 1:01pm On Apr 16, 2015
grin
Re: Photo: Lebanese Woman,others Use EFCC Vests For Robbery by kachnov(m): 1:02pm On Apr 16, 2015
I know emphasis will be on the Lebanese ,peeps will be like "so Oyibo dey thief too?''
grin

3 Likes

Re: Photo: Lebanese Woman,others Use EFCC Vests For Robbery by dapizy02(m): 1:02pm On Apr 16, 2015
LewisO:
H

H= Homo Sexual
Re: Photo: Lebanese Woman,others Use EFCC Vests For Robbery by Nobody: 1:02pm On Apr 16, 2015
SHARIAREPORTERS:
Islam!

Christianity!

11 Likes

Re: Photo: Lebanese Woman,others Use EFCC Vests For Robbery by belamour(m): 1:02pm On Apr 16, 2015
I thought Eze goes to school how come Eze turn the gang leader grin grin grin

SENATOR SENATOR

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo: Lebanese Woman,others Use EFCC Vests For Robbery by bjprodint(f): 1:02pm On Apr 16, 2015
wait o,is EFCC stil functioning in nija?its bin long av last hard of it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo: Lebanese Woman,others Use EFCC Vests For Robbery by Etizz: 1:03pm On Apr 16, 2015
Not new to me....
Re: Photo: Lebanese Woman,others Use EFCC Vests For Robbery by ibkgab001: 1:03pm On Apr 16, 2015
Nabbed
Re: Photo: Lebanese Woman,others Use EFCC Vests For Robbery by butanepro(m): 1:04pm On Apr 16, 2015
Lagos is no mans land abi? Let them continue.

4 Likes

Re: Photo: Lebanese Woman,others Use EFCC Vests For Robbery by Kelklein(m): 1:05pm On Apr 16, 2015
Every Day for the thief but one day...
Re: Photo: Lebanese Woman,others Use EFCC Vests For Robbery by steppin: 1:05pm On Apr 16, 2015
irunoobo:
[size=38pt] undecided

Anu mpama!

13 Likes

Re: Photo: Lebanese Woman,others Use EFCC Vests For Robbery by SkinnyDude(m): 1:05pm On Apr 16, 2015
irunoobo:
[size=38pt] undecided

see this haggard prostitute..
go and marry

19 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The B Division Police Station, Awka Burnt By Gunmen (Pictures) / Three Women Kidnapped On Their Way To Abuja. Photos / "Mad" Woman Caught With Numerous Sim Cards And ATM Cards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.