Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,109 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

The Changing Face Of Lagos: A Foreigner’s Perspective - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Changing Face Of Lagos: A Foreigner’s Perspective (293 Views)

Abuja: Many Houses, No Tenants • Changing Face Of A Federal Capital / The Changing Skyline Of Lagos: 10 Buildings To Look Out For In 2016 / The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Changing Face Of Lagos: A Foreigner’s Perspective by estatetimesng: 3:18pm On Apr 16, 2015
My recent visit to Lagos has changed my perception of Nigeria’s commercial capital. I can see that the Lagos State government is putting a great emphasis on improving the quality of life of Lagosians. The city is now relatively peaceful and green, while the traffic police tries to turn chaos into order. Efforts to clean up the city are noticeable.

Easing congestion

During my research trips to other African countries, I spent a lot of time stuck in traffic. While Lagos used to be no different, I was surprised how easy it was to move through its streets this time round. I may have been lucky, or perhaps scheduled my meetings countercyclical to rush hour, but overall, even when I was stuck in the car, it generally never took very long to get out of it. This contrasted with my recent experiences in Nairobi, where I once spent seven hours stuck in traffic versus four hours in meetings one day.

Outside Parkview HighriseThe reason why Lagos’ traffic has improved is down to the uncompromising stance of the government. First, it ...

http://www.estatetimesnigeria.com/the-changing-face-of-lagos-a-foreigners-perspective/
Re: The Changing Face Of Lagos: A Foreigner’s Perspective by tobtap: 3:41pm On Apr 16, 2015
K.

(1) (Reply)

4 Sale 650sqm Of Land Wit C~O @ Ogudu,,gated,13m 07034770232 Sammy / Cheap Sandy Dry Land ! Oakwood Park Estate 2 Ibeju-lekki / TO LET:- Mini Flats @ Palmgrove & Onipanu, Lagos [rent:-#200k - #300k P.a].

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.