Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

This Is What The Sun Baby From ‘teletubbies’ Looks Like Now - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / This Is What The Sun Baby From ‘teletubbies’ Looks Like Now (1461 Views)

Photos Of Nollywood Stars Who Relocated Abroad (What They Look Like Now) / What Djinee Looks Like Now (Pics) / Nigerian Child Stars And What They Look Like Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is What The Sun Baby From ‘teletubbies’ Looks Like Now by hilaryiwens05: 10:14pm On Apr 16, 2015

18 years is a long time to keep a secret, and first-year dance education student Jess Smith couldn’t hold her tongue any longer.

“So I’ve recently celebrated my 19th birthday and after a lot of thought, I’ve decided it’s time to tell everyone,” Smith wrote on Facebook. “I used to hide it but after a lot of encouragement from my friends at university, I’ve gained the confidence to come out with it. I am the sun from Teletubbies. There has been quite a few people pretending to be ‘the sun’ but only I could tell you the real story.”

Smith’s “Teletubbies” revelation that she was the laughing sun baby that watched over Tinky-Winky, Dipsy, Laa Laa and Po in Teletubbyland, comes on the heels of the news that the BBC will make 60 new episodes of the television show.

A lot has changed since the British TV series first aired in March 1997. For one, actors will likely be paid more than the £250 and box of toys Smith was paid back then.

Smith’s decision to break her silence was prompted by an assignment at Canterbury Christ Church University, when students were supposed to reveal something about themselves that no one else would guess.

“I thought I may as well tell them as I’m going to be spending the next three years with them,” Smith told The Telegraph.

So how did the show’s producers get Smith to laugh for her signature shot? They didn’t. Her father Bill, a furniture deliver, made her laugh by playing with a teddy bear off camera.

“They just sat her in front of a camera and she just laughed and smiled at her dad,” her mother Anji Smith said.

Even though almost two decades have passed, Smith’s smiling face hasn’t changed a whole lot.

What do you think? Does she still look like her Teletubbies character?

source: http://www.mtv.com/news/2034710/teletubbies-sun-baby-today

Re: This Is What The Sun Baby From ‘teletubbies’ Looks Like Now by RothmasPop: 10:20pm On Apr 16, 2015
She's still got the striking look...Nice!

1 Like

Re: This Is What The Sun Baby From ‘teletubbies’ Looks Like Now by ginawest(f): 11:38pm On Apr 16, 2015
wow!!d look z stl dre.
Re: This Is What The Sun Baby From ‘teletubbies’ Looks Like Now by Begonia(m): 11:43pm On Apr 16, 2015
The picture of the girl looks photoshopped.
Re: This Is What The Sun Baby From ‘teletubbies’ Looks Like Now by Yasher: 11:44pm On Apr 16, 2015
The looks says it all.
Re: This Is What The Sun Baby From ‘teletubbies’ Looks Like Now by Nobody: 3:54am On Apr 17, 2015
cute girl..

(1) (Reply)

Hapi Birthday To Jessica Alba / Rapper Meek Mill Recalls His Experience Of Being A Victim Of Police Brutality. / So Sad! Classic FM OAP Sylvester Ojigbede (sly) Passes Away

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.