Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,528 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Cholera Outbreak Claim 20 Lives In Ebonyi - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Cholera Outbreak Claim 20 Lives In Ebonyi (8227 Views)

Heavy Rainfall, Flooding, Malaria, Cholera Expected In Nigeria / Lassa Fever Patient Escapes From A Hospital In Ebonyi / Another Cholera Outbreak Hits Bayelsa State, Death Toll Now 36 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cholera Outbreak Claim 20 Lives In Ebonyi by quinty(f): 9:53am On Apr 17, 2015
This outbreak needs serious medical attention before the bacteria goes viral... The bacteria causing cholera is called VIBRO CHOLERAE and can be killed by heat so therefore the people in d affected area should try to put there bathing water under the sun for 30mins before using it... and also boil their water before drinking. proper hygiene procedures in doing things must be apply so as to reduce the bacteria or to even eliminate it...also washing of hands after toilet will help...

I pray this outbreak end quickly cry
Re: Cholera Outbreak Claim 20 Lives In Ebonyi by dammilotun(m): 9:55am On Apr 17, 2015
drjay1:
I served in ebonyi from march 2008 to february 2009, i must tell u dat it was a terrible experience! I am sure that there are many more cases of cholera death every day than what the authorities announce! Corpers were initially having our bath with sachets of "pure" water and drinking same until our money ran out! We had to walk for about 45mins to buy d bag of pure water for hundred naira/bag! When d stress was killing, we decided to dig a big hole during d rainy season so that d water from d rain can accumulate for us to store and use after d rain, alas, the villagers used d storage facility as latrine! We saw different shades of faeces around d improvised "well" it was hell! Many of us went for days without having our bath! NGUzU was another hell on earth! I think the government in Ebonyi have alot to do! Am sure many more pple are dieing of cholera there!
I share your sentiment. I served in ebonyi too it was an hell of an experience. The water was too salty and harsh on my skin,even the satchet water was just a little fair. The state needs help,as many they can especially in provision of proper health care.
Re: Cholera Outbreak Claim 20 Lives In Ebonyi by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 17, 2015
merricherios:
dude, ebonyi is in the east, not north. get ur geography right please.

Bro, i know where Ebonyi is and i Never said it is in the North.

Is it not an Igbo state?
Re: Cholera Outbreak Claim 20 Lives In Ebonyi by Raiders: 10:06am On Apr 17, 2015
proudlyhandsome:

That is not East, you are probably talking abt somewhere in the North or South West.

Don't say that again

East is the most developed place in Nigeria.
he is saying the truth. I also served in Ngwo Enugu and I have similar experience. Enugu and Ebonyi state have water problem.
Re: Cholera Outbreak Claim 20 Lives In Ebonyi by CyberTerrorist: 10:07am On Apr 17, 2015
angry angry angry angry sad sad
Re: Cholera Outbreak Claim 20 Lives In Ebonyi by prettyrosiemua(f): 10:15am On Apr 17, 2015
I'm surprised that the water situation in ebonyi state hasn't been dealt with. I did my internship at their water scheme and the one at oferekpe was near completion then. Too bad it hasn't been completed as it will go a long way in helping ebonyians. The one at ezillo is just too small to serve the entire state.
Re: Cholera Outbreak Claim 20 Lives In Ebonyi by Timbuktuo: 11:04am On Apr 17, 2015
Raiders:
The problem with Enugu and Ebonyi state is that they don't have good water supply.

Nna, the water problem for those states no be here o. Took my bath one day and looked like I just came out of a cement factory. grin. Chai, I done suffer.
Re: Cholera Outbreak Claim 20 Lives In Ebonyi by Nobody: 11:09am On Apr 17, 2015
dammilotun:

I share your sentiment. I served in ebonyi too it was an hell of an experience. The water was too salty and harsh on my skin,even the satchet water was just a little fair. The state needs help,as many they can especially in provision of proper health care.

I thoroughly, thoroughly enjoyed serving in Ebonyi. I almost didn't want to leave sef.
Re: Cholera Outbreak Claim 20 Lives In Ebonyi by proudlyhandsome: 11:50am On Apr 17, 2015
Raiders:
he is saying the truth. I also served in Ngwo Enugu and I have similar experience. Enugu and Ebonyi state have water problem.

Didn't you sense the Sarcasm?
Re: Cholera Outbreak Claim 20 Lives In Ebonyi by tujays(m): 12:44pm On Apr 17, 2015
kennygee:
This always happens in the Mango season and it always starts in the North.

It should be controlled before it spreads to other parts of the South and awareness should be created.

Hand washing and proper hygiene should be observed.
you are a fool to say that it always start in the North, is Ebonyi now a northern state? Ode! stupid few morons still thinking they are better than the northerners while the northerners keep ruling them without bragging since 1800 BC.
Re: Cholera Outbreak Claim 20 Lives In Ebonyi by Nobody: 12:57pm On Apr 17, 2015
tujays:
you are a fool to say that it always start in the North, is Ebonyi now a northern state? Ode! stupid few morons still thinking they are better than the northerners while the northerners keep ruling them without bragging since 1800 BC.

You see how stewpid and Insane you are.

When did I ever say Ebonyi is in the North.

I live in the North.

You just typed the nonsense you did because you are a brain washed bigot who doesn't see beyond his region and tribe.

In Nigeria, the infection is endemic and outbreaks are not unusual. In the last quarter of 2009, it was speculated that more than 260 people died of cholera in four Northern states with over 96 people in Maidugari, Biu, Gwoza, Dikwa and Jere council areas of Bauchi state [4]. Most of the Northern states of Nigeria rely on hand dug wells and contaminated ponds as source of drinking water. Usually, the source of the contamination is other cholera patients when their untreated diarrhoea discharge is allowed to get into water supplies [4].

http://www.unicef.org/nigeria/media_5719.html

After clicking this link, read it and crawl back into your shell of Mediocrity, Insanity, Stewpidity and Cluelessness.

Uduozuo.

2 Likes

Re: Cholera Outbreak Claim 20 Lives In Ebonyi by adedolapo4(m): 2:27pm On Apr 17, 2015
Keneking:
Ok.....

Yesterday it was Ondo (Ikele local government area), today it is Ebonyi (cholera related).

What has the PDP led federal government of Nigeria done to improve the health predicaments in the South East part of the country?

OHANEZE please can you clarify if this government has really assisted in reducing the water-borne diseases prevalent in this region.

We need answers...ordinary cholera is killing people in their dozens. Boiled water, drink treated water and basic hygiene would reduce the threat posed by this health related insurgent.

This government sef.... sad

dude.... like What the heck??... you just spoke like an illiterate who would blame every single bad incident on the government.... c'mon, like the government should wash there hands for them or what?? how can you blame the government for people not having good personal hygiene... na was for you people o... even though I am not a supporter of PDP, this shit ain't gat anything to do with politics... wise up bro
Re: Cholera Outbreak Claim 20 Lives In Ebonyi by Nobody: 2:30pm On Apr 17, 2015
adedolapo4:

dude.... like What the heck??... you just spoke like an illiterate who would blame every single bad incident on the government.... c'mon, like the government should wash there hands for them or what?? how can you blame the government for people not having good personal hygiene... na was for you people o... even though I am not a supporter of PDP, this shit ain't gat anything to do with politics... wise up bro

So what why did the government allow the first , second, third and fourth death occur successively cheesy
Your point does not hold water...as there is no potable water in that region for them to use.
Re: Cholera Outbreak Claim 20 Lives In Ebonyi by Nobody: 2:30pm On Apr 17, 2015
adedolapo4:

So what was the government allowed the first , second, third and fourth death occur successively cheesy
Your point does not hold water...as there is no potable water in that region for them to use.
Re: Cholera Outbreak Claim 20 Lives In Ebonyi by adedolapo4(m): 2:37pm On Apr 17, 2015
Keneking:

So what why did the government allow the first , second, third and fourth death occur successively cheesy
Got better things to do with my time than arguing with you...
Re: Cholera Outbreak Claim 20 Lives In Ebonyi by billionsam(m): 7:19pm On Apr 17, 2015
ozoigbondu:
l blame Elechi for not providing neat drinkable and portable water to ensure proper hygiene for the peopleangry

Yeah bro, water here in Abakaliki is very bad and dirty.
Imagine water i fetched from my house(pipe-borne water from state Govt. water board)

Re: Cholera Outbreak Claim 20 Lives In Ebonyi by Nonny2J: 7:26pm On Apr 17, 2015
@Keneking,u called cholera ordinary because u dnt knw wat kind of disease it is n hw fast it spreads n kills.
Re: Cholera Outbreak Claim 20 Lives In Ebonyi by tujays(m): 7:42pm On Apr 17, 2015
kennygee:

You see how stewpid and Insane you are.

When did I ever say Ebonyi is in the North.

I live in the North.

You just typed the nonsense you did because you are a brain washed bigot who doesn't see beyond his region and tribe.

In Nigeria, the infection is endemic and outbreaks are not unusual. In the last quarter of 2009, it was speculated that more than 260 people died of cholera in four Northern states with over 96 people in Maidugari, Biu, Gwoza, Dikwa and Jere council areas of Bauchi state [4]. Most of the Northern states of Nigeria rely on hand dug wells and contaminated ponds as source of drinking water. Usually, the source of the contamination is other cholera patients when their untreated diarrhoea discharge is allowed to get into water supplies [4].

http://www.unicef.org/nigeria/media_5719.html

After clicking this link, read it and crawl back into your shell of Mediocrity, Insanity, Stewpidity and Cluelessness.

Uduozuo.
you are such a retarded F*ckwit for your trashy write up here,, we all know that you guys still live in "evil forest" back in the east. that's why your land scratches you so much to live in.. to the extent you even reside in the North. they talk about "Ebonyi Cholera outbreak" i see no reason why you should mention the North on the issue at hand as if Ebonyi or any Eastern state is one Dubai that cant be affected by cholera. swine... product of baby factory.
Re: Cholera Outbreak Claim 20 Lives In Ebonyi by tujays(m): 7:56pm On Apr 17, 2015
proudlyhandsome:

That is not East, you are probably talking abt somewhere in the North or South West.

Don't say that again

East is the most developed place in Nigeria.
why do you confused set of homo sapiens called igbos keep deceiving yourselves to be the most developed, the most high and mighty. yet you cant sit your ass down in your so called developed region?? "big dogs don't bark"
Re: Cholera Outbreak Claim 20 Lives In Ebonyi by proudlyhandsome: 8:59pm On Apr 17, 2015
tujays:
why do you confused set of homo sapiens called igbos keep deceiving yourselves to be the most developed, the most high and mighty. yet you cant sit your ass down in your so called developed region?? "big dogs don't bark"

O boy, why you dey yab me nau? I be confirm Odua citizen ooooo.

I was only being sarcastic with my write up. I was laughing at Igbos who claimed their region is the most developed in Nigeria despite their huge migration to other peoples land.

People only move to better places not the other way round and that is why an average yoruba would rather go to US or UK instead of any other places in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Cholera Outbreak Claim 20 Lives In Ebonyi by merricherios(f): 7:11pm On Apr 24, 2015
bro, am not a bro bro angry
kennygee:

Bro, i know where Ebonyi is and i Never said it is in the North.

Is it not an Igbo state?
Re: Cholera Outbreak Claim 20 Lives In Ebonyi by Behira(f): 10:54am On Sep 14, 2015
dammilotun:

Sadden cry

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Is Hiv Positive But Still Sleeping With Boyfriend / Top 8 Health Benefits Of Orange Seeds / Healing Power of Palm Kernel oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.