Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

Unboxing The Lumsing 10400mah Power Bank: A Nairalander’s Review - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Unboxing The Lumsing 10400mah Power Bank: A Nairalander’s Review (22754 Views)

Unboxing The Infinix Hot 4 X557 In Pictures / A Nairalander's Review Of Tecno Camon C9 / A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unboxing The Lumsing 10400mah Power Bank: A Nairalander’s Review by Ben1975(m): 1:00am On Apr 24, 2015
Hi Fantabulous

My name is Ben Ajose, we missed each other via email. here is my own:

residual.income.for.all.2004@gmail.com
Re: Unboxing The Lumsing 10400mah Power Bank: A Nairalander’s Review by Baroba(m): 6:11am On Apr 24, 2015
patrickdarlins:
people de find/talk about 32,000MAH POWER BANK...u dey here de talk just 10500mah abi how many so....

money is not the problem....i need quality....like real quality power bank....not dat of 7000 own...

dont quote me to say am lying....else i shove hot EBA down ur NOSE!!!...

The lumsing runs on quality Samsung lithium cells, it doesn't over heat.. Beware of cheap power bank with inferior cells, the are potentially a hazard waiting to happen. Most time the amperage quoted is not always correct..

One nearly burned my house down, I learnt my lesson after that..

3 Likes

Re: Unboxing The Lumsing 10400mah Power Bank: A Nairalander’s Review by Fantabulous(m): 8:01am On Apr 24, 2015
Ben1975:
Hi Fantabulous

My name is Ben Ajose, we missed each other via email. here is my own:

residual.income.for.all.2004@gmail.com

Pls say whatever you wanna say here
Re: Unboxing The Lumsing 10400mah Power Bank: A Nairalander’s Review by Fantabulous(m): 8:03am On Apr 24, 2015
Baroba:

The lumsing runs on quality Samsung lithium cells, it doesn't over heat.. Beware of cheap power bank with inferior cells, the are potentially a hazard waiting to happen. Most time the amperage quoted is not always correct..

One nearly burned my house down, I learnt my lesson after that..

Yes quality samsung cells
Re: Unboxing The Lumsing 10400mah Power Bank: A Nairalander’s Review by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 25, 2015
Re: Unboxing The Lumsing 10400mah Power Bank: A Nairalander’s Review by tobiyayo: 8:57pm On Apr 28, 2015
This may sound a coincidence, but my primary laptop "HP ENVY" developed some issues over the weekend and I had to switch to a smaller HP laptop which doesn't have a charger.

I have used the "Poweradd and its accessories" to charge the laptop since Sunday but had it plugged into power itself as I have been in familiar environments.

I could say that it would fully charge an average powered laptop like the HP 655 which am currently using as an intervention laptop at least twice.

tooltip:
hey bro, so how long will poweradd charge my laptop when fully charged.....i'll love to hear your personal experience with the product
Re: Unboxing The Lumsing 10400mah Power Bank: A Nairalander’s Review by Kizyte(m): 11:05pm On Apr 28, 2015
jamesope04:
Bro, quality speaks. Cant be compared with the wannabe power banks that flods the market. On the other hand, I salute my Romoss sense 4 (10,400mah). It has been helpful for over a year nw. Bought it #6500 though
Bro, I believe you. Bought mine (Original Romoss) from China. Very durable, can charge several phones multiple times without running down. The only problem I had was that the supplier discontinued selling.
Re: Unboxing The Lumsing 10400mah Power Bank: A Nairalander’s Review by Nobody: 11:26pm On Apr 28, 2015
i use an hp envy, hence it's worth the bucks if it can charge the battery through 2 full cycles. please how was your order delivered to you
tobiyayo:
This may sound a coincidence, but my primary laptop "HP ENVY" developed some issues over the weekend and I had to switch to a smaller HP laptop which doesn't have a charger.

I have used the "Poweradd and its accessories" to charge the laptop since Sunday but had it plugged into power itself as I have been in familiar environments.

I could say that it would fully charge an average powered laptop like the HP 655 which am currently using as an intervention laptop at least twice.

Re: Unboxing The Lumsing 10400mah Power Bank: A Nairalander’s Review by paulmarkino: 11:48pm On Apr 28, 2015
the charging port of my Lumsing Power Bank got spoiled and I have worked 1600 to repair it but still it can't last
Re: Unboxing The Lumsing 10400mah Power Bank: A Nairalander’s Review by tobiyayo: 11:58pm On Apr 28, 2015
I haven't charged the HP Envy through 2 full cycles before, It is the HP 655 which i am currently using as an intervention laptop. Nevertheless, I am optimistic that it should deliver such feat anyway.
I shipped it to "Shoptomydoor.com" and they shipped it to me in Lagos.

tooltip:
i use an hp envy, hence it's worth the bucks if it can charge the battery through 2 full cycles. please how was your order delivered to you
Re: Unboxing The Lumsing 10400mah Power Bank: A Nairalander’s Review by frebor(m): 3:26am On Apr 29, 2015
tooltip:

I can actually help you with the shipment at a competitive price. Whatsapp/call 08075035115
Re: Unboxing The Lumsing 10400mah Power Bank: A Nairalander’s Review by slye(m): 6:12pm On May 11, 2015
New stock just arrived For one plus and lumsing Power banks... feel free to claim yours now

Put your money where quality lies..

SLYE
Re: Unboxing The Lumsing 10400mah Power Bank: A Nairalander’s Review by donhils: 12:33pm On May 13, 2015
Fantabulous:

The concept of power banks isn’t anything new considering the myriads of power banks in the market both branded and unbranded (Generic). But to identify the real deal most times poses a real concern for buyers. But in what seems like my own never-ending journey to find the best external battery pack, I finally stumbled upon something to pay attention to: The Lumsing 10400mAh. When I first read about the power bank on Nairaland, I was first discouraged because of the price at N7000. But because of my experience with poor power banks, I later gave in and decided to try this and believe me, this is one step I have never regretted. Yeah! I got the right quality for my penny.

Design
The packaging is certainly different to the common power bank packages, it’s a sealed brown box with what looks almost like a sketch of the battery on the front and then specs and other info listed on the back. The box has a rope or cord style handle on it which I found interesting.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2319136_forus_jpeged65dd5d6bcdbb84a82f5fecbf6089e9

Once you get everything unpacked you’ll find the battery, USB cable, cloth carrying bag or pouch, user guide and Lumsing power user program pamphlet. There's no wall charger supplied with the Lumsing, which seems fair enough, given the price point, but it does mean that actual recharging times will vary hugely depending on your cable and charger. The Power User Program is for customers to join and possibly test new products before they come to market, a testing program essentially. You will have to go to their website and fill out the form and they’ll let you know if you’re picked. A nice idea I guess.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2319137_foruse_jpegab6d65024884c37242d8ff76f11589d3

It is kind of shaped like a harmonica, a very nice looking harmonica for sure. The dimensions are 5.43x 2.35 x 0.86 inches and on the top you’ll find a glossy champagne finish with a brushed aluminum band across the bottom with the Lumsing logo.

Performance
The first thing I did was charge the battery with the supplied USB cable and it didn’t take long as it was already at about 75% capacity when it arrived to me. The LEDs will light up and blink to let you know it’s charging and then they’ll fill up and turn solid when charged. Since the battery was already at about 75%, only one LED was blinking for me, but if it was lower more LEDs would blink to and turn solid as the battery filled up.
To test the power bank, I charged my Huawei honor 3C having 2300mAh battery full and I still have all the four LEDs on, wow! Definitely this must charge my phone for at least 4 times or more I supposed. Believe me it has not disappointed me one bit! To use the battery you need to press the button to begin charging your devices, some batteries start charging automatically, but with the Lumsing you must press the button.
As far as charging speed, it seemed the same as if I was charging from the USB ports on my computer, so no real complaints there as I charge pretty much everything from my computer since it’s readily available. Yes you can charge two devices at the same time if you want, but it will drain the battery faster obviously, but it’s to know you can do it if need be.
Interestingly, it seems as if you can also recharge and charge at the same time, i.e. you can have the Lumsing 10400 mAh bank plugged into the wall, being topped up, while simultaneously charging two phones via two other cables. Then, when you want to head out, you grab just the Lumsing and one cable, etc.

Specifications and Features
Lumsing 10400mah Portable Power Bank
Keep connecting, keep simple. Time is limited, but things needed to be done are so many. Lumsing aims at helping you release your time and enjoy wonderful life. Want to be always on the go? Lumsing can help!
Specifications:
Brand: Lumsing
Capacity: 10400mAh
Battery Type: High quality 18650 Samsung battery Cell
Input: Micro USB 5V 1.5A
Output: USB 5V 1A&5v 2.1A
Size: Mini Size 5.43x 2.35 x 0.86 inches; Weight: 12.5 Oz
Shape: harmonica style design

Should you buy?
Being totally honest, YES! .... If quality is your watchword, then you don’t wanna miss on this. With a genuine battery size of 10,400mAh, the quality of cord that’s included, and the sleek design, this is exactly what you’re looking for in a power bank.
Do you supply nationwide?
Re: Unboxing The Lumsing 10400mah Power Bank: A Nairalander’s Review by slye(m): 1:06pm On May 13, 2015
donhils:

Do you supply nationwide?

How many pieces do you need and location ?
Re: Unboxing The Lumsing 10400mah Power Bank: A Nairalander’s Review by donhils: 10:36am On May 22, 2015
slye:

How many pieces do you need and location ?
Anambra and I want just one for my personal use.
Re: Unboxing The Lumsing 10400mah Power Bank: A Nairalander’s Review by slye(m): 12:47pm On May 22, 2015
donhils:

Brother, Contact me on 08036805325....or drop ur contact.
Re: Unboxing The Lumsing 10400mah Power Bank: A Nairalander’s Review by slye(m): 12:47pm On May 22, 2015
donhils:

Or visit this thread : https://www.nairaland.com/1809260/techsturvs-power-banks-hq-lumsingtm/9
Re: Unboxing The Lumsing 10400mah Power Bank: A Nairalander’s Review by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 02, 2015
paulmarkino:
the charging port of my Lumsing Power Bank got spoiled and I have worked 1600 to repair it but still it can't last

my lumsing power bank's charging port also got spoilt just after two day of my purchase, but I had no problem fixing it at all, I fixed it at computer village ikeja 1k only.
Re: Unboxing The Lumsing 10400mah Power Bank: A Nairalander’s Review by temitimx19(m): 9:47am On Jul 18, 2015
buy original Arun LCD display 10000mah power bank here https://www.nairaland.com/2443312/original-arun-power-banks-10000mah
Re: Unboxing The Lumsing 10400mah Power Bank: A Nairalander’s Review by newspapers: 4:15am On Feb 02, 2016
Guys, there is a 50,000mAh power bank I saw on Techsonite and it goes for between 5k and 6k, im not kidding. http://www.techsonite.com/solar-power-bank-portable-solar-charger-prices-and-review/

There was one 30,000mAh which is solar cool powered for 6k...

The prices of these things are coming down especially with all this discounts online. Just check that link above and see.
Re: Unboxing The Lumsing 10400mah Power Bank: A Nairalander’s Review by Nobody: 7:00am On Feb 02, 2016
jamesope04:
Bro, quality speaks. Cant be compared with the wannabe power banks that flods the market. On the other hand, I salute my Romoss sense 4 (10,400mah). It has been helpful for over a year nw. Bought it #6500 though
Me too own this power bank but i think it has shorten my phone battery lifespan
Re: Unboxing The Lumsing 10400mah Power Bank: A Nairalander’s Review by Nobody: 7:01am On Feb 02, 2016
jorhney:

same price with my xiaomi 10400mah
Where did u bought your xiaomi power bank
Re: Unboxing The Lumsing 10400mah Power Bank: A Nairalander’s Review by Deeni131: 1:02pm On Jun 08, 2016
johndwayy:
...@op, u re jst sounding as if dis lumsing power bank is sooo special.....normal story undecided
My injoo power bank 10000 mAh does beta sef. It can charge my fone (BlackBerry z30, 2880mAh) for almost five times..so nothin special abt lumsing power bank, except u re tryin to do a marketing job.

Pls how true is ur claim cos I wanna buy it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Phone Is The Best For 100k Or Slightly More / Nairalander's Samsung A7 Review For Samsung Lovers / Infinix Zero 8 Wins This Year's If Design Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.