Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,127 members, 7,811,181 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

Would Ewe Believe It! Farmer Shocked After Five Lambs Are Born To One Mother - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Would Ewe Believe It! Farmer Shocked After Five Lambs Are Born To One Mother (766 Views)

Nasir Yammama: The Founder Of Verdant: The Farmer's Mobile Companion / Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria / "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would Ewe Believe It! Farmer Shocked After Five Lambs Are Born To One Mother by juman(m): 11:35am On Apr 17, 2015
Steven Worden is told the odds of one ewe giving birth to five lambs are one-in-a-million and it happens 'once in a generation'

A farmer has beaten odds of one-in-a-million to welcome a special delivery of five lambs born to one ewe.
The rare quintuplets have shocked Steven Worden, 26, and his wife Diana, 23, after being born at their farm.
Their Dorset X Mule ewe was due to have triplets, so after three new-borns arrived Mr Worden thought his work was done, and returned to the house.
But when Mrs Worden returned to check on the lambs an hour later she realised the mother had given birth to another two.
The National Farmer's Union said surviving quintuplets was extremely rare and it was a "once in a generation" experience.

The Wordens have had the sheep, known simply as 41, since opening their farm three years ago, and every lambing season so far she has given birth to two lambs.
And Mr Worden, from the Lizard, Cornwall, said they were shocked to have beaten some huge odds but delighted with the new additions to the farm.
He said: "I always go out to check on the sheep during the night. I checked at about 4am when I heard some bleating, and she was having difficulty so I gave her a hand.

"It can be difficult for sheep to birth more than one lamb. Usually you get a head and two feet, but if there is more than one another foot can get in the way and complicate things.
"She had been scanned, so were expecting three. When I had delivered the three I went back inside, thinking that my work was done.
"Then an hour later my wife went to check on the lambs and another two had popped out."
This is the most recent in a string of good luck for the farming duo, just days before the quintuplets were safely delivered they also delivered four lambs to one ewe.
Mr Worden said: "We thought we were lucky to get four lambs to one ewe, that was surprising enough.

"But to now get the quintuplets is unbelievable. We must be doing something right."
A spokesman for the National Farmers Union said: "Quintuplets are very rare and I bet it came as a real surprise especially as it was not picked up on the scans ahead of lambing.
"We hear a lot about twins and triplets that are born on farms, but surviving quintuplets are something very special and unusual.
"This sort of thing my be a once in a generation experience."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/11344560/Would-ewe-believe-it-Farmer-shocked-after-five-lambs-are-born-are-born-to-one-mother.html

Re: Would Ewe Believe It! Farmer Shocked After Five Lambs Are Born To One Mother by iykebesbt1(m): 12:10pm On Apr 17, 2015
God is great...what He can do in Human beings,He can also do in Animals.. He doesn't discriminate..
Re: Would Ewe Believe It! Farmer Shocked After Five Lambs Are Born To One Mother by juman(m): 3:25pm On Apr 17, 2015
All praises and power belongs to our God the creator of everything.

God creates whatever HE likes.
Re: Would Ewe Believe It! Farmer Shocked After Five Lambs Are Born To One Mother by Ura: 5:42pm On Apr 17, 2015
Sweet news....

(1) (Reply)

Python Killed In Unizik(pictures) / Very Important Things To Know On Battery Cages Before Becoming A Victim / Poultry Farmers & Vet. Dr. Help Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.