Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

He Wants To Stay Back After His Training Program In The US - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / He Wants To Stay Back After His Training Program In The US (2276 Views)

Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK / Should I Resign To Study In The US, UK Or Just Stay Back In Nigeria? / I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Wants To Stay Back After His Training Program In The US by babeface3: 6:16pm On Apr 17, 2015
This dude had concluded his training program sponsored by his employer and planning to stay back to search for something better in the US.

I am wondering why someone should decide to become an undocumented immigrant in a foreign country abandoning a job that earns him good 200 bales every month in Nigeria.

Can you help with advise!
Re: He Wants To Stay Back After His Training Program In The US by overlord77: 6:30pm On Apr 17, 2015
There is nothing to actually advise here, before someone decides to do a silly thing such as this, he must have thought about it. It's people like him that make VOs more strict and getting a visa for genuine purposes, so damn rigorous.

If he wants to sell his freedom and peace of mind, let him go right on ahead. Shikena!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Wants To Stay Back After His Training Program In The US by OKUCHI11(m): 6:52pm On Apr 17, 2015
WALE please if London no favour u .....do what ur name says,,,,,,GOOd luck
Re: He Wants To Stay Back After His Training Program In The US by Nobody: 8:21pm On Apr 18, 2015
i wont abandon such good paying job for salvery in usa

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Stay Back After His Training Program In The US by Moana(f): 10:44pm On Apr 18, 2015
he wants to work in MacDonalds for the next 12yrs whats your own? angry grin

2 Likes

Re: He Wants To Stay Back After His Training Program In The US by 19naia(m): 5:26am On Apr 19, 2015
The guy knows what he wants and what optims are potential in US, and decided that even if it was not a top salary, it would be worth it over the Nigerian options... Maybe he prefers a better sense of appealing environment... You can be rich in Nigeria, but living there still exposes one to all the 3rd world standard effluents and traffic and instability of the economy's inflation and so on...

You can work in general labor in US and live a cheap lifestyle but always have a home with electricity, hot and cold water on tap, street environments that are still tame and safe even when traffic is at its worse.. No daily risk of being extorted for bribe any time you try to use government service or encounter officers of the law.. Even have a car and have potential for better income opportunities to come about.
Mortality rate even among the rich in Nigeria is enough to conjure thoughts that if the rich people who died had the option to come again and live more poor in the US and give up a comfortable status in Nigeria? Better is better when you are alive and well to know it..
What good is any salary in Nigeria when many don't even get paid for months consecutively? shocked

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Wants To Stay Back After His Training Program In The US by Atmmachine(m): 7:21am On Apr 19, 2015
If he wants to live in the united states as an American citizen i have some clues.
He will be given a citizenship in just a year.

30% of the people in America live with dead people's identity.
How do you get a dead guy's identity including his social security number ?? So easy cool cool

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Stay Back After His Training Program In The US by overlord77: 7:38am On Apr 19, 2015
19naia:
The guy knows what he wants and what optims are potential in US, and decided that even if it was not a top salary, it would be worth it over the Nigerian options... Maybe he prefers a better sense of appealing environment... You can be rich in Nigeria, but living there still exposes one to all the 3rd world standard effluents and traffic and instability of the economy's inflation and so on...

You can work in general labor in US and live a cheap lifestyle but always have a home with electricity, hot and cold water on tap, street environments that are still tame and safe even when traffic is at its worse.. No daily risk of being extorted for bribe any time you try to use government service or encounter officers of the law.. Even have a car and have potential for better income opportunities to come about.
Mortality rate even among the rich in Nigeria is enough to conjure thoughts that if the rich people who died had the option to come again and live more poor in the US and give up a comfortable status in Nigeria? Better is better when you are alive and well to know it..
What good is any salary in Nigeria when many don't even get paid for months consecutively? shocked

Dude, this guy wants to remain in the U.S. illegally after his training and you and encouraging him?
Re: He Wants To Stay Back After His Training Program In The US by 19naia(m): 8:03am On Apr 19, 2015
overlord77:

Dude, this guy wants to remain in the U.S. illegally after his training and you and encouraging him?

Its his choice.. USA is full of Mexicans and people from other countries with no passport or any papers.. They crossed the border in hiding and entered to begin working and a new life... I know personally of american farm owners who refuse to hire American workers if there are foreign workers from poor countries available to work.. He said the foriegn workers get the job done in good time with nothing but gratitude for the opportunity.. He also said the american workers work slow and sloppy and complain how small the salary is... And they just go and buy drugs and ogogoro with it anyway..
I worked the mans farm for 1 harvest season (3months) and it is true what he said.. Even the oldest person working there was a woman from a poor country.. She harvested the most out of all of us... She would easily make $2400.00 a month there because paid by quantity..

Every where i go in america i see new immigrants legal and illegal every where.. Its reached a point now where you hear so many languages being spoken anytime you go out..
How is this one more man going to make a difference when more will keep coming and fill any space he doesnt take. USa has a real issue with people just coming with no papers or passport... At least this man is on record with a passport and a proper/legal training tenure..
He will actually be a step above the common illegal immgrants and he will speak english as well.. For every one like him, there are several others who had no papers or documents ever, they stole into the land hiding and they dont speak english and grow comfortable here and even develop a sense of entitlement to speak spanish only and behave like it is the english speakers who have to adjust or shutup..

I beg, this man described here, is educated and english speaking.. He will be much more appreciated than the overwhelming throngs of others who are filling this place up fast... almost Every city in america has african refugee communities now from Africa like somalia and so on. Same with Indians, asians and all the South american spanish speakers... I see them every day no matter what city i go to here..

I am not encouraging him.. I am just saying he is aready here in the form of millions of others even worse than him.. So what difference will it make being that he has been here and seen for himself to understand what it is he is choosing for himself... His choice and the facts of what goes on here in USA... I beg, the Oyinbo people here will thank him for at least speaking english, its rough here now with so many foriegners working here and cant speak english to know what you are requesting and paying for.. So the transaction is often fumbled because of this..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Wants To Stay Back After His Training Program In The US by ttmacoy: 8:15am On Apr 19, 2015
There is no friend lol, the poster is the person planning to stay.

@ babeface3 Whilst I believe America has more options for processional than Nigeria, leaving a job in Nigeria to be an illegal is very very risky. Makes it very hard to get professional jobs and even if you eventually regularise which may take years, you have a big gap in your CV which makes it harder to get into the professional spectrum.

overlord77:

2 Likes

Re: He Wants To Stay Back After His Training Program In The US by ttmacoy: 8:23am On Apr 19, 2015
I get what you are trying to say but he needs to carefully evaluate.

These Mexican illegals you refer to are usually work manual labour and we're not professional workers in Mexico hence such farm jobs in the US is a big step up for them. The posters "friend" already earns a fairly ok salary in Nigeria and I assume is educated and a professional. Risking that to do labour or farm work is different. There is a reason why many medians tend to do gardening work and such manual work which doesn't not require qualifications.

If for example poster was a driver in Nigeria earning N20k or so, bring an illegal and doing such farm work would be a huge step up because he would earn far more, live a better life (albeit always looking over shoulder until he has paperz) and more importantly his future kids will be citizens and have options.

But if he already has a professional job then it's different. I guess it's all relative and the person is the only one who can decide how good/bad his life in Nigeria is in comparison the being an illegal immigrants in the states.

All I would say is think and research carefully and manage expectations.

19naia:

Its his choice.. USA is full of Mexicans and people from other countries with no passport or any papers.. They crossed the border in hiding and entered to begin working and a new life... I know personally of american farm owners who refuse to hire American workers if there are foreign workers from poor countries available to work.. He said the foriegn workers get the job done in good time with nothing but gratitude for the opportunity.. He also said the american workers work slow and sloppy and complain how small the salary is... And they just go and buy drugs and ogogoro with it anyway..
I worked the mans farm for 1 harvest season (3months) and it is true what he said.. Even the oldest person working there was a woman from a poor country.. She harvested the most out of all of us... She would easily make $2400.00 a month there because paid by quantity..

Every where i go in america i see new immigrants legal and illegal every where.. Its reached a point now where you hear so many languages being spoken anytime you go out..
How is this one more man going to make a difference when more will keep coming and fill any space he doesnt take. USa has a real issue with people just coming with no papers or passport... At least this man is on record with a passport and a proper/legal training tenure..
He will actually be a step above the common illegal immgrants and he will speak english as well.. For every one like him, there are several others who had no papers or documents ever, they stole into the land hiding and they dont speak english and grow comfortable here and even develop a sense of entitlement to speak spanish only and behave like it is the english speakers who have to adjust or shutup..

I beg, this man described here, is educated and english speaking.. He will be much more appreciated than the overwhelming throngs of others who are filling this place up fast... almost Every city in america has african refugee communities now from Africa like somalia and so on. Same with Indians, asians and all the South american spanish speakers... I see them every day no matter what city i go to here..

I am not encouraging him.. I am just saying he is aready here in the form of millions of others even worse than him.. So what difference will it make being that he has been here and seen for himself to understand what it is he is choosing for himself... His choice and the facts of what goes on here in USA... I beg, the Oyinbo people here will thank him for at least speaking english, its rough here now with so many foriegners working here and cant speak english to know what you are requesting and paying for.. So the transaction is often fumbled because of this..

6 Likes

Re: He Wants To Stay Back After His Training Program In The US by babeface3: 12:46pm On Apr 19, 2015
Bros I have worked in 2 different countries in Europe before finally deciding to settle in Nigeria with my family. Your speculations are funny grin grin
ttmacoy:
There is no friend lol, the poster is the person planning to stay.

@ babeface3 Whilst I believe America has more options for processional than Nigeria, leaving a job in Nigeria to be an illegal is very very risky. Makes it very hard to get professional jobs and even if you eventually regularise which may take years, you have a big gap in your CV which makes it harder to get into the professional spectrum.

Re: He Wants To Stay Back After His Training Program In The US by ttmacoy: 1:14pm On Apr 19, 2015
Lol ok. The way you were defending it sounded like it was you.

Anyway my point re making the decision to be illegal still stands. It's his call as he is the only one who knows where his shoes are paining his feet and can decide. My point though is life as an illegal isn't the best especially when leaving a job, but again I know many people in Nigeria working and earning such sums and are so unhappy and unfulfilled.

i have a friend who works in a bank and hates it, and works ridiculously long hours getting to worm 6-7am and not leaving till 11pm just to avoid traffic.

babeface3:
Bros I have worked in 2 different countries in Europe before finally deciding to settle in Nigeria with my family. Your speculations are funny grin grin
Re: He Wants To Stay Back After His Training Program In The US by 19naia(m): 6:02pm On Apr 19, 2015
ttmacoy:
I get what you are trying to say but he needs to carefully evaluate.

These Mexican illegals you refer to are usually work manual labour and we're not professional workers in Mexico hence such farm jobs in the US is a big step up for them. The posters "friend" already earns a fairly ok salary in Nigeria and I assume is educated and a professional. Risking that to do labour or farm work is different. There is a reason why many medians tend to do gardening work and such manual work which doesn't not require qualifications.

If for example poster was a driver in Nigeria earning N20k or so, bring an illegal and doing such farm work would be a huge step up because he would earn far more, live a better life (albeit always looking over shoulder until he has paperz) and more importantly his future kids will be citizens and have options.

But if he already has a professional job then it's different. I guess it's all relative and the person is the only one who can decide how good/bad his life in Nigeria is in comparison the being an illegal immigrants in the states.

All I would say is think and research carefully and manage expectations.

Yes all that you say is right on.. My view comes mainly from trusting he is professional and educated and therefore has really informed his decision from expereince... I just use labour work as a worst case senario for him.. But even then, i know hard working laborers can earn more per month than many nigerian professionals bringing in 200k naira a month.. In Hawaii, a family earning over 200k naira a month is considered poor enough to qualify for free government food assistance and other things as well.. It will be nice if his children are born there as citizens..
And its true that there are american born and raised citizens who have university degrees and even masters degrees who work labour and fast food while waiting for a professional job to offer itself to them.. Many americans never go to university and they go into construction labour work and landscaping work and so on.. Many of them stay in that work because when business is good and they have gained experience and skill , they can make $5000.00 a month or even more if they own their own landscape business or move up in position on the job site.. $5k monthly is around 1million Naira a month... And with that kind of money when business is good, they can branch out into investments like buying and sellling anything from small items to houses and so on...
All kinds of opportunities are out there if the workers are very hard working and able to learn well (and speak english grin).
Maybe he has already realized some professional jobs that will hire him?

It would be sad though to spend years building up savings, a house and car, and then be found and deported one day without access to the house and car to sell it and maybe not even access the savings account to carry the money go back... shocked

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Stay Back After His Training Program In The US by uzhi(m): 1:19pm On Apr 20, 2015
If am in d guy's shoe, I will do dsame. Besides, I earn upto 200k too. The money isn't my problem but social amenities. I want to get home and sleep without power failure, even if i dont hv millions in my account.

3 Likes

Re: He Wants To Stay Back After His Training Program In The US by FemiFaniKayode: 2:53pm On Apr 20, 2015
Moana:
he wants to work in MacDonalds for the next 12yrs whats your own? angry grin

who go give am work for McDonalds ?
Re: He Wants To Stay Back After His Training Program In The US by worry357: 3:34pm On Apr 20, 2015
FemiFaniKayode:

Not McDonalds! They will want to see papers and work permit!
Re: He Wants To Stay Back After His Training Program In The US by FemiFaniKayode: 3:40pm On Apr 20, 2015
worry357:

Not McDonalds! They will want to see papers and work permit!

abi
Re: He Wants To Stay Back After His Training Program In The US by Moana(f): 7:33pm On Apr 20, 2015
FemiFaniKayode:

na Barrack na embarassed
Re: He Wants To Stay Back After His Training Program In The US by boldbabe: 8:02pm On Apr 20, 2015
Do not overstay ur welcome in the USA no matter how juicy & attractive that place is. Do not spoil the show 4 other people that also wish to get a visa to d USA. Rather pray dt d same employer dt sent u 4 training will hv another reason to relocate u to d USA permanently.
Re: He Wants To Stay Back After His Training Program In The US by FemiFaniKayode: 8:18pm On Apr 20, 2015
Moana:
na Barrack na embarassed

i see
Re: He Wants To Stay Back After His Training Program In The US by EyeKandy(f): 6:22am On Apr 21, 2015
@kpolli: Your "expertise" is needed here. grin
Re: He Wants To Stay Back After His Training Program In The US by justwise(m): 6:34am On Apr 21, 2015
babeface3:
This dude had concluded his training program sponsored by his employer and planning to stay back to search for something better in the US.

I am wondering why someone should decide to become an undocumented immigrant in a foreign country abandoning a job that earns him good 200 bales every month in Nigeria.

Can you help with advise!

Your friend is an ungrateful employee. How about the company that gave him job and the opportunity to gain foreign training experience?
Re: He Wants To Stay Back After His Training Program In The US by kpolli(m): 10:48am On Apr 21, 2015
EyeKandy:
@kpolli: Your "expertise" is needed here. grin

Which expertise?? Unless he wants to marry, he will end up in a $5 per hour place....
Re: He Wants To Stay Back After His Training Program In The US by maternal: 11:58am On Apr 21, 2015
uzhi:
If am in d guy's shoe, I will do dsame. Besides, I earn upto 200k too. The money isn't my problem but social amenities. I want to get home and sleep without power failure, even if i dont hv millions in my account.

Well said. Poor people in the west have a better quality of life than rich people in naija.
Re: He Wants To Stay Back After His Training Program In The US by yehmi01(m): 12:41am On Apr 22, 2015
To be honest Nigeria or Africa generally is no place for any one who desire the best in life.

When I say the best I don't mean money.

I get you OP.

I have also been to some countries before and to be honest I always hope I end family line of been resident in Africa.

Its a risk and that the fact.

It will not come easy but if you feel you are up for it and have opportunities then I will advice you go for it.

If you are married here or have your own family please don't.

But if you are single and focused you can take the risk.

Because even we here in nija leave a daliy life on risk of what might and might not happen.

Any one who leaves in Nigeria or Africa and say nothing is wrong with this place is a liar

Even if you make so much money.

Really let's face it. How much is 200k when you spend almost 30k on powering you gen monthly and still pay another 10-15k to NEPA for services you don't get.

And you are left with how much.

If you feel you are up for it. I wish you the best of luck.

Don't do crime and be focused and hopefully you become lucky.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Application For Msc And Scholarship In USA / Wrong Signature On My Nigerian International Passport / Tourism In Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.