Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,281 members, 7,957,721 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:13 PM

Weight Lifting - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Weight Lifting (744 Views)

Victor Moses Celebrates With Family On The Pitch After Lifting EPL Trophy.Photos / Prince Kennedy Is WPF, World Power Lifting Champion 2016. Photos / Rio Paralympics: Oyema Wins Power-lifting Silver Medal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Weight Lifting by Nobody: 10:40am On Apr 18, 2015
I am a tall and slim guy(nt too slim dou), buh I ll like to gain a little weight @least to build some muscles on my arms and ma chest. I av a 50kg weight at home which I intend to be liftin every morni. Pls I need advice on how to go abt it to gain d weight as fast as possible. Tnx in anticipation
Re: Weight Lifting by lorRhyMeZ: 11:00am On Apr 18, 2015
Jadonjack:
I am a tall and slim guy(nt too slim dou), buh I ll like to gain a little weight @least to build some muscles on my arms and ma chest. I av a 50kg weight at home which I intend to be liftin every morni. Pls I need advice on how to go abt it to gain d weight as fast as possible. Tnx in anticipation

To gain weight in nigeria is very easy becos of the kinda food we eat...so I recommend u eat highly proteinous foods as well as fatty food..if u eat thrice in a day,u need to elevate it to atleast 5 times a day..
Some basic food u can get around to help u add weight includes, eggs,yorghurt,noodles(not spaghetti),irish potatoes etc. Also u cud also mix eating fatty and proteinous food with a lot of carbs..I mean food rich in carbohydrate since u intend to build ur body.

Once u realize uv started adding weight,immediately start energy training like weight lifting,push ups,sit ups,dips,planks etc...this is to ensure that the weight u are adding on doesn't lead u to obescity buh rather converting em to muscle mass. The key to an excellent body building regime is less aerobics exercises,more energy exercises,plenty water as well as food n dedication.
Re: Weight Lifting by Nobody: 11:15am On Apr 18, 2015
lorRhyMeZ:

To gain weight in nigeria is very easy becos of the kinda food we eat...so I recommend u eat highly proteinous foods as well as fatty food..if u eat thrice in a day,u need to elevate it to atleast 5 times a day..
Some basic food u can get around to help u add weight includes, eggs,yorghurt,noodles(not spaghetti),irish potatoes etc. Also u cud also mix eating fatty and proteinous food with a lot of carbs..I mean food rich in carbohydrate since u intend to build ur body.

Once u realize uv started adding weight,immediately start energy training like weight lifting,push ups,sit ups,dips,planks etc...this is to ensure that the weight u are adding on doesn't lead u to obescity buh rather converting em to muscle mass. The key to an excellent body building regime is less aerobics exercises,more energy exercises,plenty water as well as food n dedication.

Tankz bruh. So I need 2 make sure I'm gainin weight b4 I start exercise ryt?
Re: Weight Lifting by lorRhyMeZ: 11:39am On Apr 18, 2015
Jadonjack:

Tankz bruh. So I need 2 make sure I'm gainin weight b4 I start exercise ryt?

Not really o...u can exercise as normal buh the point is if u want to get much more muscular,u need to gain weight so that u can build on it.

Another alternative is,instead of gaining weight n then building on it to get muscular,y not jus tone ur current body n still look good? I must tell u that body building is definately not easy becos aside the expenses u will incur,there is an issue of consistency..becos body building is not something that happens overnight,I mean it will take time n consistency.

So depending on what u have in mind,if u wanna look like d 50cents,idris elbas,terry crews or the inyanyas,then body building is for u

BUT

If u fancy the bods on peeps like beckham,CRonaldo,Diggy Simmons n the likes,then I advice u tone ur body with some toning exercises.
Re: Weight Lifting by Nobody: 12:47pm On Apr 18, 2015
lorRhyMeZ:

Not really o...u can exercise as normal buh the point is if u want to get much more muscular,u need to gain weight so that u can build on it.

Another alternative is,instead of gaining weight n then building on it to get muscular,y not jus tone ur current body n still look good? I must tell u that body building is definately not easy becos aside the expenses u will incur,there is an issue of consistency..becos body building is not something that happens overnight,I mean it will take time n consistency.

So depending on what u have in mind,if u wanna look like d 50cents,idris elbas,terry crews or the inyanyas,then body building is for u

BUT

If u fancy the bods on peeps like beckham,CRonaldo,Diggy Simmons n the likes,then I advice u tone ur body with some toning exercises.

Actually, I av a body lyk becham and Cronaldo, buh I jes need 2 av a little chest cos ma frnds do make jest of me. I dnt wanna b too big and I dnt want all dose muscles lyk inyanya. I just wanna b a slim guy with a good body dat will fit in any clothe I wear.. Pls wat do yu mean by toning. Explain better pls!!! Tnx
Re: Weight Lifting by lorRhyMeZ: 3:57pm On Apr 18, 2015
Jadonjack:

Actually, I av a body lyk becham and Cronaldo, buh I jes need 2 av a little chest cos ma frnds do make jest of me. I dnt wanna b too big and I dnt want all dose muscles lyk inyanya. I just wanna b a slim guy with a good body dat will fit in any clothe I wear.. Pls wat do yu mean by toning. Explain better pls!!! Tnx

Okay by toning,I mean exercises that help sculpt ur body...as in exercises that brings out all those cool looking muscles previously covered by fat...example is sit ups,and I believe u know what it does...
Then since u don't want all d inyanya like muscles,I suggest then that u tone ur body. Buh make sure u eat well and healthy...and drink plenty of water.. Then u cud also inculcate a couple of these routines; sit ups,planks,crunches for ur abs,weight lifting,bench press,dips,pushups for ur arms n chest as well as shoulders,then different variation of squats for ur legs and thighs..and u have to b consistent..also ur diet shud b more proteinous than starchy..since such foods breaks down faster than starchy foods.
Re: Weight Lifting by Nobody: 4:22pm On Apr 18, 2015
lorRhyMeZ:

Okay by toning,I mean exercises that help sculpt ur body...as in exercises that brings out all those cool looking muscles previously covered by fat...example is sit ups,and I believe u know what it does...
Then since u don't want all d inyanya like muscles,I suggest then that u tone ur body. Buh make sure u eat well and healthy...and drink plenty of water.. Then u cud also inculcate a couple of these routines; sit ups,planks,crunches for ur abs,weight lifting,bench press,dips,pushups for ur arms n chest as well as shoulders,then different variation of squats for ur legs and thighs..and u have to b consistent..also ur diet shud b more proteinous than starchy..since such foods breaks down faster than starchy foods.

Owk. I got it. Tnx bruh

(1) (Reply)

Eden Hazard Better Than Cristiano Ronaldo Last Season - Jose Mourinho / Best Odds For The Weekend / [photos] Uew Ghana, Esut, Unical, Unn, Others Emerge Winners At 2015 Waug Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.