Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,351 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:12 AM

Mourinho Is Van Gaal’s Greatest Achievement - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mourinho Is Van Gaal’s Greatest Achievement (608 Views)

Why Is Van Gaal Still In Man U? / Is Van Persie A Premier League Legend Or A Traitor? / Is Van Gaal In Anyway Better Than David Moyes?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mourinho Is Van Gaal’s Greatest Achievement by Coldplayz2(m): 12:43pm On Apr 18, 2015
Jose Mourinho and his former boss at Barcelona Louis van Gaal come face to face for the second time this season in a blockbuster 5:30pm kick-off Barclays Premier League clash between Chelsea and Manchester United at Stamford Bridge.

The duo have been friends since they first worked together at Barcelona in 1997 where they enjoyed a successful relationship at the Camp Nou.

With Mourinho as the Dutchman’s assistant, they won the La Liga title twice in their first two years together at Nou Camp.

It was Van Gaal who entrusted and encouraged Mourinho to go into management.

Now the Portuguese has gone on to win titles in his country, England, Italy and Spain as well as the Champions League twice to ink his name in history as one of the best managers to have graced the round-leather game.

However, ahead of tomorrow’s explosive encounter at the Bridge, Telegraph columnist and former United defender Gary Neville feels Van Gaal’s greatest pride as a football manager is the making of Jose Mourinho, and he believes the Dutchman will be proud of his friend’s achievements.

“A former Tory leader once said when asked what their greatest achievement was: “New Labour”, Neville wrote.

“I can imagine Louis van Gaal, when answering the same question from a group of journalists, peering back from his desk and responding: “Mourinho”.

Source: Allsoccerplanet.com
Re: Mourinho Is Van Gaal’s Greatest Achievement by CountDracula(m): 12:49pm On Apr 18, 2015
Who's mourinho's greatest achievement? Nobody!
Re: Mourinho Is Van Gaal’s Greatest Achievement by Nobody: 1:46pm On Apr 18, 2015
CountDracula:
Who's mourinho's greatest achievement? Nobody!

You can ask that question again, when he is van Gaal's age.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal Will Shock Haters Today / Photo- Should Arsenal Win Today I Promise To Upload My Unclad Pix / I Have Fixed Match For Today Check It Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.