Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,636 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

How Many Rabbits Do You See? - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How Many Rabbits Do You See? (23042 Views)

Rabbits For Pets And Consumption Available In Enugu / Rabbits Farmers Let's Meet Here / Flemish Giant Rabbits Now Available (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Rabbits Do You See? by LordCenturion(m): 10:51am On Apr 19, 2015
blackjack21:
GRAPHIC COMMENT(readers discretion adviced)

So this is what a Rabbit looks like. I must tell that I mistook them for seun-s. They look alike, the only difference might be the programming skill.

Just ask him to crutch down. On his knees and post a picture of him doing so, only that he will look like a mutant rabbit.

22:03:24
Sat, Apr 18, 2015

Dindinrin, oponu, afo'fun gbemu, arindin, omugo, ode, oponu so'we nu

1 Like

Re: How Many Rabbits Do You See? by Nitefury: 7:12pm On Apr 19, 2015
ewizard1:
Thanks OP for reminding me. I need a pet to be with me as i am always lonely in my room. I need something to yell at and chase around in my room. i once had both Male & Female Rabbits to but lost both of them a day after another. (cant tell what went wrong)

Op, can you dash me one? are you in Lagos?

they are in Cross River
Re: How Many Rabbits Do You See? by Nitefury: 7:14pm On Apr 19, 2015
UnimkeAk:

Rabbits wer u d keep to chop or sell is what you're calling pets.
Everybody d do rabbit business this days
Nigerians ehn; once someone starts a business; the entire populace will go into that same line of business.

I'm sure our dearly depaarted will also be rearing rabbits in the great beyond.

I never eat one before.. Cos I can't kill any.. I don dey keep rabbit since primary 5... Na my pets. I sell, but I don't eat
Re: How Many Rabbits Do You See? by lazen(m): 8:43pm On Apr 19, 2015
Nitefury:

I never eat one before.. Cos I can't kill any.. I don dey keep rabbit since primary 5... Na my pets. I sell, but I don't eat
Oh, now I can see why Toshmann said he can see four rabbits trying to feed and the fifth rabbit taking the picture embarassed embarassed grin embarassed grin

1 Like

Re: How Many Rabbits Do You See? by Nitefury: 8:48pm On Apr 19, 2015
lazen:

Oh, now I can see why Toshmann said he can see four rabbits trying to feed and the fifth rabbit taking the picture embarassed embarassed grin embarassed grin

you don c am na bro

1 Like

Re: How Many Rabbits Do You See? by Cleoo(f): 3:54pm On Apr 20, 2015
Nitefury:

please how much do you sell? Am into rabbit newly and am yet to make any sales... I don't know how to get buyers. Can u help me with contacts? Pleeeeeease! (what and what do u feed them? They look so big and cute)
Re: How Many Rabbits Do You See? by Nitefury: 4:38pm On Apr 20, 2015
Cleoo:
please how much do you sell? Am into rabbit newly and am yet to make any sales... I don't know how to get buyers. Can u help me with contacts? Pleeeeeease! (what and what do u feed them? They look so big and cute)

ok.. To start with, I don't really sell to people who buy for consumption. Most people who buy are visitors who come to my house and see them running around in the compound, fall in love with them (you know, rabbits are cuties) and want to raise them too. So they buy. But because of how demanding the task of caring for them is, most of my buyers end of eating them.

The town where they are ( in Cross River) has a higher institution, so there are periods when students need them for practicals.. So if you have a higher institution in your area, that's a good place to start to sell. Or you can print fliers or start with word of mouth advert. Or post plain adverts like "FOR YOUR LIVE RABBITS (MALE/FEMALE) CALL ..080yournumber.

Where do you stay? How many do you have?

I started keeping them because of the love foe them not really to sell. But school, travels and my unstable presence meant they at several points lack proper attention. O once left for school leaving about 50 behind, coming back to meet about 12 or so.. Right now there are 21..

Though its kinda difficult to feed them, especially during the dry season, but rabbits eat a whole lot of things including potatoes, potato leafs, ripe plantain and banana peels, palm fronds, yam, yam peels, poultry feed, fruits, water melons (I get the back from some fruit vendors), several grasses that i don't know their botanical names.. A whole lot bro, its just time consuming.

My friends sell for between 3k to 4k for 1.. I sell for 2k to 2k5 for 1.. Matured ones.. 1k5 for litters..
Re: How Many Rabbits Do You See? by Cleoo(f): 5:28am On Apr 21, 2015
Nitefury:

ok.. To start with, I don't really sell to people who buy for consumption. Most people who buy are visitors who come to my house and see them running around in the compound, fall in love with them (you know, rabbits are cuties) and want to raise them too. So they buy. But because of how demanding the task of caring for them is, most of my buyers end of eating them.

The town where they are ( in Cross River) has a higher institution, so there are periods when students need them for practicals.. So if you have a higher institution in your area, that's a good place to start to sell. Or you can print fliers or start with word of mouth advert. Or post plain adverts like "FOR YOUR LIVE RABBITS (MALE/FEMALE) CALL ..080yournumber.

Where do you stay? How many do you have?

I started keeping them because of the love foe them not really to sell. But school, travels and my unstable presence meant they at several points lack proper attention. O once left for school leaving about 50 behind, coming back to meet about 12 or so.. Right now there are 21..

Though its kinda difficult to feed them, especially during the dry season, but rabbits eat a whole lot of things including potatoes, potato leafs, ripe plantain and banana peels, palm fronds, yam, yam peels, poultry feed, fruits, water melons (I get the back from some fruit vendors), several grasses that i don't know their botanical names.. A whole lot bro, its just time consuming.

My friends sell for between 3k to 4k for 1.. I sell for 2k to 2k5 for 1.. Matured ones.. 1k5 for litters..

oh wow! You really took ur time to explain. Thanks very much,! I appreciate... I ve 7 rabbits now. Just bought them Sha, my seller claims that 2 of the females are pregnant. And I can't see any sign of pregnancy o.. I don try to really find out if they get Belle true true cuz they are loosing weight instead of adding weight as pregnant rabbits.. That's what really got me confused and worried. I reside in Anambra state.
Re: How Many Rabbits Do You See? by Nitefury: 7:11am On Apr 21, 2015
Cleoo:
oh wow! You really took ur time to explain. Thanks very much,! I appreciate... I ve 7 rabbits now. Just bought them Sha, my seller claims that 2 of the females are pregnant. And I can't see any sign of pregnancy o.. I don try to really find out if they get Belle true true cuz they are loosing weight instead of adding weight as pregnant rabbits.. That's what really got me confused and worried. I reside in Anambra state.

Lol.. Don't mind your seller.. That's what they all tell people so as to increase the price. Their gestation period is between 28-31 days, so a pregnant rabbit should give birth by then..

what's the rain fall like in your area? I also noticed potato leafs are readily available in the east (probably because they aren't consumed all that much), so you can try to feed them those..

I believe under-feeding is the reason for their weight loss. How old are they? You can take a picture so I'll have an idea if you really don't know..
Re: How Many Rabbits Do You See? by Destinygsd: 10:36pm On May 02
Is this thread dead?!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Early maturing Okra Seeds Available / Noisy Roosters Kept By Neighbour Driving Me Crazy / Locally Made Gas/charcoal Oven For Smoking Fish And For Baking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.