Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,611 members, 7,958,852 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 05:51 AM

5 Reasons Why I Think You Should Start Your Own Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Reasons Why I Think You Should Start Your Own Business (465 Views)

5 Reasons Why You Should Start Your Own Work At Home Internet Business / 7 Reasons Why You Should Start Your Online Business Now!!! / 7 Strong Reasons You Should Start A Business In Your Twenties. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why I Think You Should Start Your Own Business by pukena(m): 8:01pm On Apr 18, 2015
5 Reasons Why I think You Should Start Your Own Business

1) You Become a Problem Solver: This is my main reason for choosing business as a career path. I love to solve problems around me. I see problems as opportunities. I started RicherLife Cleaning Services many years ago because I saw that as a major need in Okigwe and the business was a huge success. Today, I have launched several business projects simply by identifying problems and creating solutions for them.

2) No income Ceiling: Now let's do some analysis. You work in a firm and you get maybe 250k monthly. Good stuff. However, chances are, you will remain at that income ceiling for a long time pending when it would be reviewed. But that's not same for an entrepreneur. His income grows as the business grows which is not a function of time but his input and depth of knowledge in that business. A business person can decide to increase his income simply by increasing the number of units sold. His income is dependent on his capacity to grow. I love that flexibility.

3) You call the shots!!!...Hmmm, what can I say here...I would rather own the ladder than climb the ladder. In a job, you are interested in climbing a ladder to the top, but there are those that own the ladder...they don't have to climb it...hahahah. I think that says it all. You choose. I choose to call the shots. I choose to be the one to hire and fire instead living in fear of being hired and fired.

4) You Become a Leader: Going through the rigorous process of building a successful business would call into action all your leadership abilities. You are toughened and wiser as you make mistakes and learn from it. Above all, you learn how to manage both human and material resources effectively...I think that alone would make me choose business over a job.

5) You Become a National and International Asset: Look around you. The top three richest men in the world are entrepreneurs. This group of people are so important to the nations where they belong, even beyond their nations. Yea..you name them... I have been following Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook as he connects the world through his new project, internet.org. That guy is no longer motivated by money but by how he can leave a legacy fro himself in this world. So what would you leave behind as a legacy?

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why I Think You Should Start Your Own Business by tizz04(m): 8:07pm On Apr 18, 2015
You u don start ur own ni
Re: 5 Reasons Why I Think You Should Start Your Own Business by pukena(m): 8:09pm On Apr 18, 2015
yea bro....we are doing our best wink

(1) (Reply)

Medium And Small Companies Accounting / Career Talks: 6 Mistakes Even Smart Business People Makes / How Much Would It Cost Set Up An Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.