Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,276 members, 7,818,936 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Who Will Put A Stop To Contract Hiring In Nigeria Banks? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Who Will Put A Stop To Contract Hiring In Nigeria Banks? (1796 Views)

Converting Permanent Employment To Contract / Procter & Gamble Is Hiring In Nigeria / For Nigerians In The Diaspora: Diaspora2020 Is Hiring In 25 Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Will Put A Stop To Contract Hiring In Nigeria Banks? by nanaharry: 6:17pm On Jan 30, 2009
Hi,
You guys are doing a great work.I am a newly registered member of the house. I have been looking forward to forum like this were dis issue can be discuss and possible seek a good opinion and a way out.
The rate at which the banks are going into contract is getting alarming, 80% of the banks staff of most are on contract. can anthing be done to stop this? someone should help.
Re: Who Will Put A Stop To Contract Hiring In Nigeria Banks? by GoldCircle: 11:27am On Feb 03, 2009
make una answer this bobo now! it's not fair o! Someone must indeed put a stop to this!!
Re: Who Will Put A Stop To Contract Hiring In Nigeria Banks? by Finecat(m): 1:04pm On Feb 03, 2009
nanaharry:

Hi,
You guys are doing a great work.I am a newly registered member of the house. I have been looking forward to forum like this were dis issue can be discuss and possible seek a good opinion and a way out.
The rate at which the banks are going into contract is getting alarming, 80% of the banks staff of most are on contract. can anthing be done to stop this? someone should help.

This guy is a joker. When these banks are about to start laying off their employees he's talking about contract workers. You will be lucky if you get a contract work in banks by may '09. Afribank almost started mass lay-off last week, only to stop for fear of panic and the negative ripple effect it will cause in the financial sector. And still, the forced 27 senior employees to retire. Watch out for serious salary reduction coming soon to the banks followed by some downsizing. I feel sorry for bankers, you will soon see some of them at car parks.
Re: Who Will Put A Stop To Contract Hiring In Nigeria Banks? by GoldCircle: 3:42pm On Feb 03, 2009
Fine cat! fine cat!! fine cat!!!You again

I reserve my comment sha. . .till then! Make we dey watch!
Re: Who Will Put A Stop To Contract Hiring In Nigeria Banks? by Finecat(m): 4:02pm On Feb 03, 2009
GoldCircle:

Fine cat! fine cat!! fine cat!!!You again

I reserve my comment sha. . .till then! Make we dey watch!

You can reserve your comment all u want, better yet you can shut the heck up. I feel sorry for you yeye bank workers, you go soon turn to agberos at the car park. Atleast the rude and lazy ones amongst you. You better start saving for the raining days. Write this down and remember i told you this. The bank workers that does not lose his job will be working at a severely cut salary. I see you guys going back to the civil service pay scale or a little better than civil service. Let's see how much noise you will make then. I told you this last year and it's coming to fruition now. Which one of the banks do you work for self?? I will tell you the truth your top official refuse to tell. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Who Will Put A Stop To Contract Hiring In Nigeria Banks? by GoldCircle: 5:13pm On Feb 03, 2009
Finecat:

You can reserve your comment all u want, better yet you can shut the heck up. I feel sorry for you yeye bank workers, you go soon turn to agberos at the car park. Atleast the rude and lazy ones amongst you. You better start saving for the raining days. Write this down and remember i told you this. The bank workers that does not lose his job will be working at a severely cut salary. I see you guys going back to the civil service pay scale or a little better than civil service. Let's see how much noise you will make then. I told you this last year and it's coming to fruition now. Which one of the banks do you work for self?? I will tell you the truth your top official refuse to tell. A word is enough for the wise.
which kind pepper bodi be this??sympathizer wey dey weep more than the bereaved! Na U dem go sack?? so wetin concern U for this mata! Me & U don fight before because of this thing! U no go ever learn! Na this one make ur life baje as e be so! Why U dey drink panadol for anoda man headache

Bankers do this; bank do that! Where u dey work? U get work? Mister: U neva tell us as thing concern u o! We are tired of this your bank story all the time! if u no get wetin to talk, blow whistle o!!!! & hear how this gay refers to civil servants sef?? I really don't have time to join issues with a loafer like you so don't bother posting here coz I WON'T REPLY U ANYMORE!

yeye fowl!
Re: Who Will Put A Stop To Contract Hiring In Nigeria Banks? by nanaharry: 5:21pm On Feb 03, 2009
IF MOST BANKERS WILL LOSE THIER JOB BY MAY 2009, THATS A GOOD ONE.
Re: Who Will Put A Stop To Contract Hiring In Nigeria Banks? by nanaharry: 5:24pm On Feb 03, 2009
if truly banks are contemplting laying thier staff how come they still recruit. well let wait then
Re: Who Will Put A Stop To Contract Hiring In Nigeria Banks? by oblo(m): 7:23pm On Feb 03, 2009
angry
Re: Who Will Put A Stop To Contract Hiring In Nigeria Banks? by cooldudeng(m): 4:16pm On Feb 08, 2009
I really hate to do this but am just a bit curious. @finecat Did any of the banks refuse to employ you or wasssup with the beef. The banks in Nigeria are more of financial institutions, that have gotten their hands into so many part of the economy. The ongoing crisis won't just affect the banks but a lot of other companies and who knows your job might be at stake too (that's if u have one).

So stop the hating, cos what goes around comes around
Re: Who Will Put A Stop To Contract Hiring In Nigeria Banks? by AbidemiAy(m): 10:46pm On Feb 08, 2009
God Bless U Cooldudeng, , I truly believes 'what goes around 'll definately comes around"

The ongoing financial crisis is not only in Nigeria neither is in banks alone, its affecting all aspect of economy globally,
why do u think that is only bankers are going to be affected? I think u are making a big mistake here 'cos is going to affect U too.

But one thing I know "crisis or no crisis', recession or no recession' all this is just a transent is not going to be forever.
Re: Who Will Put A Stop To Contract Hiring In Nigeria Banks? by sforte(m): 11:34pm On Feb 14, 2009
The financial crisis will affect all sectors of the economy, not just banks and it's global. The issue is that banks keep the cash that may soon dry up. However, smart MDs are thinking already and smart bankers are also thinking.

Let's remember that banks did wonders for the unemployed, absorbing as much as possible. The banking sector took a lot of graduates off the street.
Re: Who Will Put A Stop To Contract Hiring In Nigeria Banks? by ow11(m): 12:13pm On Feb 15, 2009
I think Agency staff is common in many countries around the world. I just think the Labour ministry should close Agencies that give ridiculous contracts to people. A bank can take employees through a 'contractor' but the 'contractors' should hand out reasonable contracts and not the shambolic ones currently handed out.

Therefore, the ball is in the court of a short sighted federal ministry cry
Re: Who Will Put A Stop To Contract Hiring In Nigeria Banks? by webprince(m): 2:13am On Feb 24, 2009
nanaharry:

Haba Mr Oga, dats not a good statement. With d Global meltdown, everybody should watch out. spend less and save more and if possible get additional source of income to save 4 d raining days. ABEG LEAVE BANKERS ALONE!

What is d worth of ur stock now compare to its worth last year?
Re: Who Will Put A Stop To Contract Hiring In Nigeria Banks? by farotika(m): 9:35am On Mar 02, 2009
nanaharry:

Why can't we have positive thinkers in da house Believe me, most of the story you hear 'bout banks laying off are make-believes. Although the global financial crisis may affect us, but it will not break us, we will survive it.

(1) (Reply)

Waiting For A Call Back After An Interview / Revealed: Why People Say Lawyers Are Liars / ICAN May 2022 Diet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.