Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,109 members, 7,835,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Mothers Day - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mothers Day (497 Views)

Please How Many Times Is Mothers Day Celebrated / Happy Mothers Day To All Mothers / Dreamt Of My Late Mom On Mothers Day. Is It Too Much Of A Coincidence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mothers Day by realtestament(m): 6:48am On Apr 19, 2015
The feast of the Annunciation of the "Blessed Virgin Mary is the proper date for the celebration of Mother's Day. But more often than not the feast falls on the season of Lent; and has often been celebrated in the Easter season. This has thus brought the celebration a superlative dimension.

I use this occasion to congratulate all mothers in the entire parish. By this I mean that I congratulate all the women in the main parish as well as the women in all our outstations. I congratulate the umbrella of all the women groups in the parish - the CATHOLIC WOMEN ORGANISATION (CWO).

I wish to say that I really appreciate you all in your various areas of support in the parish, the motherly role you play in the Church, in the various societies, groups and associations. In this Year of the Family you are in a most wonderful way celebrated. Though the father is the head of the family, the vital role of a mother cannot be undervalued. The mother is the homemaker; she is core to the formation of the children in the family. Thus the task falls in her office to do all in her power by making this year of the family a memorable one.

I enjoin all mothers to take cue from our Blessed Mother. In the beautiful story of the Annunciation, we see how she received and submitted to the word of the Angel: "I am the handmaid of the Lord, be done to me as you have said." We see in the story the acceptance of the will of God. Our Mothers should learn to accept the will of God in their lives and in the life of the home. Accepting the will of God, however, does not in any way suggest that she becomes superstitious in life; becoming irrational, gullible and delusory in her attitude to issues in the family and life in general. She should allow the Lord to be her guide.

Furthermore, I want all mothers to learn from our Blessed Mother; how she was able to manage the episode of the loss of her only Son in the temple (Luke 2:41-52). How she moved from house to house in search of him. With trust in God and positive disposition in correcting her Son, she was able to bring him home and scripture relates "He remained under their authority" Luke 2:51.

Mothers as home makers should learn to gather the family in prayer: "The family that prays together stays together" Although it is the primary role of the Father as the head of the family to play that priestly role; nonetheless, the function should be a collaborative one. The mother should step in whenever the man is chocked with work or not available. This is the day that the Lord has made, rejoice and be glad my darling mothers. I have always envied your giftedness and your ability to perform so many roles in the word, please do not be discouraged with results or daunted with poor responses.

I use this medium to appeal to us to pray and uplift women that are still waiting on the Lord for the fruit of the womb; that the good Lord may show them his mercy and compassion as he did show Sarah, Elizabeth and other women in the Holy Scripture. (Gen. 21:2-3; 1 Sam 1:2-24; Luke 1: 13 & 24). I also use this medium to appeal to mothers to pray for our young women especially those that are yet to be in life partner relationship. We must in this regard show concern and endeavour to give counsel.

Once again, I congratulate our mothers on the wonderful occasion that we celebrate with them. Let every father, man, young man and boy sing a sweet song with encomium to our mothers. Let us appreciate them; let us applaud them for the beautiful things they have done and are still doing in many homes, families and society.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY CELEBRATION!
Re: Mothers Day by Pavore9: 9:35am On Apr 19, 2015
Easter Sunday and Divine Mercy Sunday did push it forward.

Ndi nne mama!

(1) (Reply)

Colours Of Marriage / Be Part Of The World's Biggest&most Widely Anticipated Event Of Theyear!#iwc2015 / TB Joshua Records 70 Million YouTube Milestone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.