Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,373 members, 7,958,041 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:53 AM

My Advice To Nairaland Trolls. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Advice To Nairaland Trolls. (597 Views)

What Is Happening To Nairaland / How To Add Links To Nairaland Posts / What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Advice To Nairaland Trolls. by Nobody: 8:46am On Apr 19, 2015
Okay . . . so, this is a very serious post and i had to pause something very important to me to write it. So, let's be serious.
I'm writing because of the annoying phenomenon known as trolls, no . . . not those mindless hulks in lord of the rings . . and definitely not those impossibly big nosed ones in frozen . . . but those homo sapiens that apparently have no job, and therefore relent to insulting people and provoking strong emotions on social Media. I'm sure every one of us, even the trolls, have encountered such individuals. And i think we all agree that it is a very annoying situation. . .
So . . . i have compiled a list of advice for these guys and their wannabes and their people.

1) when you feel like insulting someone, don't.

2) when you son't feel like insulting someone, make yourself feel like it, then follow rule one.

3) don't trivialize serious threads. For God's sake, we all claim to be mature, right?

4) say no to tribal bigotry . . . i don't know what that means . . . so . . .ask sexskillz or something.

5) don't make sarcastic comments that have no humoristic value. That just makes you a psychopath. . . it's annoying.

6) Do not space book with a dot. Just . . . don't. that stuff is really annoying

7) just because you are smarter than someone doesn't mean you actually have to let them be aware of this fact. I'm smarter than you, do you see me bragging?

cool if you disagree with another nairalander, attempt to show him/her your own point of view, do not insult him or her, because that's only going to polarise the conversation.

9) if you think a nairalander is bleeping english, just quote said person, highlight said grammatical error, correct it, then post 'fixed' and a nice grin smiley.

10) don't lie. There are other trolls that actually specialize in bringing up incriminating evidence from your older posts and juxtapose it with your new lie just to show the world how stupid they think you are.

11) for every picture of the opposite sex you like, you are obligated to like two, of your sex. Failure to do this will allow the trolls from that same opposite sex that you liked to assert that your sex is in fact ugly. This is not cool.

12) do not . . . form. Seriously, don't. If you live in a village, don't form computer village, if you live in a white plaster house, don't form white house. If you live near a network mast, don't form effiel tower. Just be who you are. By the way, i live in idiorogbo. That literally means under a bitter kola tree. Did i form?

13) if any nairalander attacks you for no apparent reason, or explosively overreacts, just comment on your intention reserve your comments. This will prevent a lot of bogus extra pages based on adults fighting. Adults do not fight. If you do . . . consider another classification.

14) do not, derail. Dearis God. That's all.

15) respect the mods. Or you will be banned! Take it from moi, bans are not cool. Especially if you have a lot of . . . unfinished business.

16) do not challenge orijin101 to a drinking competition. He'll finish you completely.

17) appreciate people for who they are. Just because they speak terrible grammer or make fools of themselves doesn't mean they don't know what they are doing. This is a social network and everybody is trying to define themselves in ways they can't in the real world. Appreciate that.

18) if you're wrong, apologize! Seriously, what does it cost to just apologize? I do it all the time, it's so easy and it solves a lot of problems . . .including string theory. . . How do you know you're wrong? Ask others, there are Fair Judgers on nairaland. They will be happy to help.

19) reevaluate your vocabulary. Some people are still saying fugly. That word is so laame . . . i'm using two a's in the spelling. Also, some people apparently think it's cool if they insult their fellow man . . . or woman, with unstable words that clearly only exist because of the extra syllables and don't make an iota of sense. Such people sacrifice grammer for big words and generally annoy and infuriate everybody else. If you are part of this clan, why don't you put your intelligence into something useful, like magnetohydrodynamics, instead of forming and typing big words?

20) don't create lists with more than twenty items. That's boring. Who has time?

21) don't break your rulers, nairaland's rulers, and nature's rules. Se fini.

Off to paint with all the colors of the wind. . . .
Re: My Advice To Nairaland Trolls. by Dioxidane: 8:53am On Apr 19, 2015
Teempakguy:

18) if you're wrong, apologize! Seriously, what does it cost to just apologize? I do it all the time, it's so easy and it solves a lot of problems . . .including string theory. . . How do you know you're wrong? Ask others, there are Fair Judgers judges on nairaland. They will be happy to help.

Fixed grin
Re: My Advice To Nairaland Trolls. by Nobody: 8:58am On Apr 19, 2015
Dioxidane:

Fixed grin
cheesy

(1) (Reply)

best rated web online / Russian Company Sells Ad Space On Women’s Br£a$t / Who Can Help Me With This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.