Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Be Mindful What You Discuss When Your Kids Are Around - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Be Mindful What You Discuss When Your Kids Are Around (1448 Views)

Parents, Be Mindful Of What Your Children Do With Their Phone / Parents Be Mindful Of The Kind Of School You Enrol Your Children / Black Kids Are So Cute (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be Mindful What You Discuss When Your Kids Are Around by UnknownT: 11:31am On Apr 19, 2015
Had a discussion with my dad yesterday when he returned from a meeting he had not attended for some weeks now. According to him, an old member of their meeting died. To avoid shock or not knowing how to break the news to the widow( she too is old), one of the daughters now went to stay with the widow pending when the news will be broken to her. The daughter went with one of her child who is still a kid, but the child have heard when they were discussing about his grandpa's death. Later, the child 'innocently' broke the news to his grandmom, "grandmom, granddad is dead". The old woman couldn't take it, she collapsed, was taken to the hospital, she couldn't make it. Now both of them will be buried this Friday, 24th April.
Re: Be Mindful What You Discuss When Your Kids Are Around by 42n8dzydoo(m): 11:34am On Apr 19, 2015
Ehyah! The child is innocent naa
Re: Be Mindful What You Discuss When Your Kids Are Around by Emyogalanya: 11:36am On Apr 19, 2015
rip see u in the afterlife
Re: Be Mindful What You Discuss When Your Kids Are Around by DesChyko: 11:38am On Apr 19, 2015
Many an experience has been had with this issue.
As long as children are concerned, one can never be careful enough.
I remember being punished by mother for disclosing the whereabouts of my father to a visitor after my mother claimed not to know.
That made me understand once and for all that most 'inside' information aren't meant for 'outsiders'grin

1 Like

Re: Be Mindful What You Discuss When Your Kids Are Around by UnknownT: 11:44am On Apr 19, 2015
42n8dzydoo:
Ehyah! The child is innocent naa
Yes the child is innocent. Just relaying the news he heard to grandmom.
Re: Be Mindful What You Discuss When Your Kids Are Around by iphanyiuma(m): 11:45am On Apr 19, 2015
Somehow I just feel like laughing she must find out one day bout the death of her husband so nothing spoil sha...kids?
Re: Be Mindful What You Discuss When Your Kids Are Around by UnknownT: 11:47am On Apr 19, 2015
DesChyko:
Many an experience has been had with this issue.
As long as children are concerned, one can never be careful enough.
I remember being punished by mother for disclosing the whereabouts of my father to a visitor after my mother claimed not to know.
That made me understand once and for all that most 'inside' information aren't meant for 'outsiders' grin
Lol at the bold. So na ur type go tell d visitor then "my dad say make I tell you say he no dey around" grin
Re: Be Mindful What You Discuss When Your Kids Are Around by DesChyko: 11:51am On Apr 19, 2015
UnknownT:
Lol at the bold. So na ur type go tell d visitor then "my dad say make I tell you say he no dey around" grin

As in ehn grin..
But it is near impossible to prevent kids from getting information sha.
Re: Be Mindful What You Discuss When Your Kids Are Around by UnknownT: 11:51am On Apr 19, 2015
iphanyiuma:
Somehow I just feel like laughing she must find out one day bout the death of her husband so nothing spoil sha...kids?
Yes she must find out one day. Considering her age, the news was not meant to be broken suddenly, to avoid this kind of reaction.
Re: Be Mindful What You Discuss When Your Kids Are Around by Nobody: 12:10pm On Apr 19, 2015
i can indeed imagine the true love that existed between the deceased Grandma and the Grandpa

indeed true love is a spiritual bond

(1) (Reply)

SEE The Witch That Fell From The Sky (A Must Read) / BALANCE In Marriage Is A Good Thing :) / Family: Why Is It That 90 Percent Prefer Their Mothers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.