Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Are You Ashamed Of Any One In Your Family? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You Ashamed Of Any One In Your Family? (1273 Views)

I Can't Speak My Language And I Feel Ashamed Of Myself. / Am Getting Ashamed Of Still Living A Single Guy / How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Ashamed Of Any One In Your Family? by sophy09: 11:43pm On Apr 19, 2015
Most times I hear about children who deny their parents either because he is an illiterate or they are not wealthy enough. Of recent I have noticed of parents who are ashamed of their children as well as siblings who are ashamed of either their brother or sister.

A very close friend of mine has a brother with down syndrome. I did not know he had a brother with down syndrome. She does not talk about him. I thought her parents had only 3 kids but was surprised to find out she has a younger brother with that ailment. Her parents as well do not allow the guy to go out and when visitors are around he is either in his room or upstairs where visitors cannot see him. It is so bad he is not in the family picture.

I just want to know if anyone has been ashamed of their siblings or as a parent have been ashamed of their children.
Re: Are You Ashamed Of Any One In Your Family? by GboyegaD(m): 11:46pm On Apr 19, 2015
I do not have any one to be ashamed of although my brother is so nonchalant about life, all I do is to keep encouraging him while praying for him as well.

1 Like

Re: Are You Ashamed Of Any One In Your Family? by Emmyk(m): 11:55pm On Apr 19, 2015
Not at all.
Re: Are You Ashamed Of Any One In Your Family? by Ewuro4: 12:11am On Apr 20, 2015
Not ashamed of anyone.

And for those struggling with their 'misfit' family members, I don't blame them too much. Our cruel & judgmental society made it so.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You Ashamed Of Any One In Your Family? by akugbemike(m): 12:25am On Apr 20, 2015
Nope. I am ashamed of you, OP.
Re: Are You Ashamed Of Any One In Your Family? by Nobody: 12:38am On Apr 20, 2015
Except 4 d "OP", no1 ealse!
Re: Are You Ashamed Of Any One In Your Family? by sophy09: 12:40am On Apr 20, 2015
People are so quick to say no but the thing is they usually subtle.

1 Like

Re: Are You Ashamed Of Any One In Your Family? by Dheartless: 12:46am On Apr 20, 2015
Yes,
ashamed of myself.

I need the ability and capability and facilities to do more good to each and every member of my lovely family

thank you

1 Like

Re: Are You Ashamed Of Any One In Your Family? by Nobody: 1:17am On Apr 20, 2015
On a lighter note...(Here is me repressing the original post which is sad)
In secondary school, I used to pray for my father, and not mother to visit me on visit days
Like, really pray hard cheesy
However, most times my prayers were not answered.
Was I ashamed of my mother?

Well, I could not have been...she was pretty, looked way younger than her age, could speak some Yoruba in addition to major Hausa and Igbo plus English...so could gist with anyone...so nothing to be ashamed of right? Wrong! I was!!!!!
.......she was (is) too friendly with an infectious laugh
She would come, lie on a bed and all my friends would jump in, tell her stuff, she would advise them with real friendliness, care and camaradie....
Oh...the laughter and giggles........
I would share a lot of her visit goodies just so they would disperse....iya...they always stuck like glue

And I would be smouldering in teenage rage and "shame" of, " why did I get this mama who laughed and charmed people so unlike a mother who should bone!" I remember always complaining to my father, "she is stealing my friends cheesy....and he would go like, "you heard her, leave her friends alone!" Of course she never listened...instead would tell me to smile more, as I was in danger of turning into a monkey....well not this....(I want people on my side here)......
Oh, "milychocs, we love your mom, bla bla bla" was a constant chorus as she left...all the time
I nearly died from the shame of it

But my father would come, park in front of the principal's office, with a friend, reading a novel as he stood waiting, would nod and barely muster "oh hellooo" when my friends rushed to greet him......Mr taciturn....that I adored
He would stay 5minutes tops, and off to the Coal City he would return. Just like a boss, leaving plenty goodies behind. I would have a letter for him to read when he got home...filled with gist...just for him
Okay....I have daddy issues...I see that now

But my mother annoyed me like no end with her friendliness
She is still like this, imagine the blissful atmosphere my brothers' babes always find themselves in....they start loving her more than their own moms, I swear

Very very SMH
I love her to death but she killed the teen in me....for every stranger she charmed, I frowned at/for ten people
Now...people tell me, "you are just like your mom" and I near about wilt with horror cheesy
Chai
Okay...I am sorry for the long post

5 Likes

Re: Are You Ashamed Of Any One In Your Family? by Nobody: 1:34am On Apr 20, 2015
Dheartless:
Yes,
ashamed of myself.

I need the ability and capability and facilities to do more good to each and every member of my lovely family

thank you

Choose to be proud of you and them instead, okay?
Cheers
Re: Are You Ashamed Of Any One In Your Family? by Pavore9: 4:41am On Apr 20, 2015
One does not choose his/her family members.
Re: Are You Ashamed Of Any One In Your Family? by KanwuliaJara: 4:41am On Apr 20, 2015
Absolutely NOT! kiss
Re: Are You Ashamed Of Any One In Your Family? by SkinnyDude(m): 5:41am On Apr 20, 2015
why will i be ashamed of anyone, when i am not perfect. and they are proud of me, i reciprocate it
Re: Are You Ashamed Of Any One In Your Family? by Dheartless: 8:53am On Apr 20, 2015
milychocs:

Choose to be proud of you and them instead, okay?
Cheers
that was the intending meaning of my post

thanks anyway

have a stress free Monday

1 Like

Re: Are You Ashamed Of Any One In Your Family? by tpiadotcom: 9:34pm On Jul 13, 2015
op are you?

you are very strange, and not in a good way.

winchy winchy things.

(1) (Reply)

....... / 5 Selfish Things That Can Ruin Your Marriage / There Is Love In Sharing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.