Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,303 members, 7,819,026 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Nissan Altima 2003 Or Maxima 2002 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nissan Altima 2003 Or Maxima 2002 (2085 Views)

Maxima 2002 Nissan Black For Sale / What's Your Opinion On Manual Nissan Altima 2003 / Camry 2003 Or Corolla 2003-which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nissan Altima 2003 Or Maxima 2002 by Nobody: 4:31pm On Apr 20, 2015
Experienced folks in the house, pls I need info on the reliability, cost of maintenance and economy of these cars. Which one is the best to go for?

Re: Nissan Altima 2003 Or Maxima 2002 by mayim(m): 5:53pm On Apr 20, 2015
Weirdly enough, i am also in a situation where i need to make a choice between those two cars. I think the altima is more elegant and fashionable. And, at the end of the day you will see that its all about maintenance, no matter what your choice eventually is. But then, i'd like peeps that have prior knowledge of the cars to come and enlighten us more.
Re: Nissan Altima 2003 Or Maxima 2002 by abatically(m): 7:09pm On Apr 20, 2015
The Nissan maxima is to Nissan what Toyota Avalon is to Toyota. The Altima is what Camry is to Toyota. The maxima is a more premium car and only comes with a 3.5L v6 and better interior and features than the altima. The altima comes with 2.5L i4 or 3.5L v6 for the SE model, but the v6 produces less HP than the maxima.

Both cars are great performers, the altima gets more HP than a corresponding Camry of the same year. So if u only care about fuel economy, then the altima is the way to go as it has a 2.5L i4 variant vs the 3.5L v6 only available for the maxima. But if u don't care about fuel, then the maxima is a better car. Better performance, better gadgets, far better interiors. Of course more gadgets also means it would be more prone to having electrical problems especially if u patronize kazeem. So for for maintenance and economy, the altima wins. But for performance, comfort and efizzy, go for the maxima.
Re: Nissan Altima 2003 Or Maxima 2002 by Nobody: 8:49pm On Apr 20, 2015
abatically:
The Nissan maxima is to Nissan what Toyota Avalon is to Toyota. The Altima is what Camry is to Toyota. The maxima is a more premium car and only comes with a 3.5L v6 and better interior and features than the altima. The altima comes with 2.5L i4 or 3.5L v6 for the SE model, but the v6 produces less HP than the maxima.

Both cars are great performers, the altima gets more HP than a corresponding Camry of the same year. So if u only care about fuel economy, then the altima is the way to go as it has a 2.5L i4 variant vs the 3.5L v6 only available for the maxima. But if u don't care about fuel, then the maxima is a better car. Better performance, better gadgets, far better interiors. Of course more gadgets also means it would be more prone to having electrical problems especially if u patronize kazeem. So for for maintenance and economy, the altima wins. But for performance, comfort and efizzy, go for the maxima.

Thanks for this. I read reviews on www.edmunds.com and the review for the 2.5 is worse. Its a bad choice and had so many recalls from catalytic converter failure to total engine breakdown. For maxima 00-01, it has issues with key starter and some other issues according to users. Its either 3.5 atima or 2002 maxima. Thanks for your contribution. More contributions would be appreciated

(1) (Reply)

Saab Autos / How Much Is A Complete Set Of Tokumbo Shock Absorber For Toyota Camry 2004 Model / 2004 Toyota Sequoia Vs 2006 Nissan Pathfinder Vs 2006 Hyundai Terracan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.