Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

15 Reasons Why Yorubas Should Embrace Our Igbos - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 15 Reasons Why Yorubas Should Embrace Our Igbos (2297 Views)

Why Yorubas Don't Fight They... / Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? / 15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Reasons Why Yorubas Should Embrace Our Igbos by Nobody: 11:27pm On Apr 20, 2015

I'm a Yoruba girl. I just cannot stand seeing some hateful write-ups against the Ibos. And the Ibos should try as much as Possible to resolve trubalistic feud with the yorubas amicably for peace to reign. Without further ado let's go into the brief list.

1.They are our brothers and sisters

2.Businesswise we cannot do without them (They are very ambitious)

3.They are mostly very hardworking than any other tribes in Nigeria

4.They our help in times of needs

5.We're one. anything that happens to Yoruba affects them also because we are one

6.They are more Educated than other tribes in Nigeria

7.They have good sense of humour

8.They are more Kind than other tribes

9.Ibos helps us to wade off hausas and Fulanis agressions.

10.Ibos are not aloof in Yoruba land like the other tribes.They'r very Jovial

11.Majority are Christians like the Yorubas

12.If the Ibos are Gone Yorubas are" Gunner"

13.They cannot do much without the Yorubas likwise vice versa

14.They've brought more development to this great nation Nigeria .

15.Our relationship is like Sharks and remoras but Yorubas are the Sharks(just Kidding)

This is not a tribe bashing Thread. Feel free to Add yours.

God bless the Ibos, forever we are one.

(Weeping).

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Reasons Why Yorubas Should Embrace Our Igbos by Nokiae5: 11:34pm On Apr 20, 2015
i love you for a thousand years 'll love you for a thousand more

2 Likes

Re: 15 Reasons Why Yorubas Should Embrace Our Igbos by johnydon22(m): 11:40pm On Apr 20, 2015
You are on point dear..
Re: 15 Reasons Why Yorubas Should Embrace Our Igbos by Edwardhead(m): 11:40pm On Apr 20, 2015
Yes, That's good write-up

Op, let's finish the story

gimme ur bbm pin?

1 Like

Re: 15 Reasons Why Yorubas Should Embrace Our Igbos by chaberry(m): 11:49pm On Apr 20, 2015
chowlade:

I'm a Yoruba girl. I just cannot stand seeing some hateful write-ups against the Ibos. And the Ibos should try as much as Possible to resolve trubalistic feud with the yorubas amicably for peace to reign. Without further ado let's go into the brief list.
5.We're one. anything that happens to Yoruba affects them also because we are one
15.Our relationship is like Sharks and remoras but Yorubas are the Sharks(just Kidding)
(Weeping).
SHORO NIYEN.. Still don't knw the meaning

2 Likes

Re: 15 Reasons Why Yorubas Should Embrace Our Igbos by PenSniper: 11:53pm On Apr 20, 2015
chowlade:

(Weeping).

Demented soul.

4 Likes

Re: 15 Reasons Why Yorubas Should Embrace Our Igbos by ginawest(f): 12:07am On Apr 21, 2015
chowlade,u r so on point..buh I don't tink we r d most educated o..IMO
Re: 15 Reasons Why Yorubas Should Embrace Our Igbos by Nobody: 12:16am On Apr 21, 2015
Can believe she hates her own people.OP r u dating Ibo man?

3 Likes

Re: 15 Reasons Why Yorubas Should Embrace Our Igbos by Nobody: 12:20am On Apr 21, 2015
ginawest:
chowlade,u r so on point..buh I don't tink we r d most educated o..IMO
Surprisingly, Imo has the highest literacy rate in Nigeria(I just found out today) and other SE states are up there too so I think that counts.

2 Likes

Re: 15 Reasons Why Yorubas Should Embrace Our Igbos by Nobody: 12:22am On Apr 21, 2015
Did you know supporting unity and criticizing tribalism and bigotry counts as hating your own people and being a "sell out"? undecided

2 Likes

Re: 15 Reasons Why Yorubas Should Embrace Our Igbos by ginawest(f): 12:24am On Apr 21, 2015
DProDG:

Surprisingly, Imo has the highest literacy rate in Nigeria(I just found out today) and other SE states are up there too so I think that counts.
wow!!dats very gud..especially dose mbaise pipu

1 Like

Re: 15 Reasons Why Yorubas Should Embrace Our Igbos by Nobody: 12:42am On Apr 21, 2015
[size=28pt]Sell out![/size]

2 Likes

Re: 15 Reasons Why Yorubas Should Embrace Our Igbos by johnydon22(m): 12:48am On Apr 21, 2015
DProDG:

this clearly shows that the Op is right in her analogy..
Re: 15 Reasons Why Yorubas Should Embrace Our Igbos by Mynd44: 4:50am On Apr 21, 2015
Drchristian:
Can believe she hates her own people.OP r u dating Ibo man?
You are sick

1 Like

Re: 15 Reasons Why Yorubas Should Embrace Our Igbos by Nobody: 9:00am On Apr 21, 2015
Mynd44:

You are sick
Ur ancestors are sick

2 Likes

Re: 15 Reasons Why Yorubas Should Embrace Our Igbos by Mynd44: 9:04am On Apr 21, 2015
Drchristian:

Ur ancestors are sick
Apparently.

That's why they died na

4 Likes

Re: 15 Reasons Why Yorubas Should Embrace Our Igbos by okotv(m): 9:40am On Apr 21, 2015
while I agree with the op...I don't think they are the most hardworking. I think the Hausas are cause an ordinary yam seller can raise kids of more than ten in number
Re: 15 Reasons Why Yorubas Should Embrace Our Igbos by absoluteSuccess: 1:44pm On Apr 21, 2015
Op, I love your altruism. Some Yoruba babes can say this, kudos. My prayer is that you will not be disappointed. Interprete this: Ejo soro pon leyin.

2 Likes

Re: 15 Reasons Why Yorubas Should Embrace Our Igbos by Ihuomadinihu: 2:56pm On Apr 21, 2015
How pathetic! Xenophobia in Nigeria,first it was the Oba,yesterday it was one idiotic Dr Ariyo. Now we have to deal with illiterate people on Nairaland.
The Op is calling for peaceful and communal relationship between Igbo and Yoruba and she is now a 'sellout' ,altrustic, 'demented' etc.
The wind has blown and we have seen the nyash of the fowl. The World can recognize the most xenophobic and tribalistic group in Nigeria. I thought it was people from the north,but i have my answers now!

2 Likes

Re: 15 Reasons Why Yorubas Should Embrace Our Igbos by Nobody: 8:06pm On Apr 21, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:
How pathetic! Xenophobia in Nigeria,first it was the Oba,yesterday it was one idiotic Dr Ariyo. Now we have to deal with illiterate people on Nairaland.
The Op is calling for peaceful and communal relationship between Igbo and Yoruba and she is now a 'sellout' ,altrustic, 'demented' etc.
The wind has blown and we have seen the nyash of the fowl. The World can recognize the most xenophobic and tribalistic group in Nigeria. I thought it was people from the north,but i have my answers now!
Re: 15 Reasons Why Yorubas Should Embrace Our Igbos by ndubueze92(m): 11:58pm On Apr 21, 2015
ginawest:
wow!!dats very gud..especially dose mbaise pipu
sorry missed the thread, but curious about Mbaise people what apened to them?
Re: 15 Reasons Why Yorubas Should Embrace Our Igbos by adebisiema(m): 4:44pm On Apr 23, 2015
chowlade:

(Weeping).

1. Yes we are one.
2. nope, you mean industrious?
3. You are wrong there. Not as hardworking as the northerners
4. LOLZ......U must be joking right?
5. OK!
6. Uhmnm.*i dey use one eye look u*
7. I give that to the benins/warri
8. Taar!! kumot there......we Yoruba take the first position when it comes to hospitality.
9. Lolz......you don't know history. abeg shut up!
10. no 7^^
11. 0k!
12. hehehhheeee.....I think you are not Yoruba.....total rubbish!!
13. Likewise all ethnic group in Nigeria
14. Not as the YORUBA AND HAUSA/FULANI.
15. Better be kidding because everywhere the flat-heads go they make trouble.

*Drops pen*

5 Likes

Re: 15 Reasons Why Yorubas Should Embrace Our Igbos by Kanyol(m): 6:16pm On Apr 23, 2015
The only thing true about the Op is that he's Yoruba. Sex? Nope! The op is male. I don't know why he had to change to a girl, though, maybe he's dating an Igbo girl

chowlade:
That's why 55% ladies in nigeria r pfucked up totally. once you have ur money u see about 200 of them laughing hysterically arround u wanting you to date them.Thank God i wasn't born a lady is this how i'll be hustling 4 good boyfriend or be such a slut sleeping with guys already hooked up? go to them hospital ladies are evacuating belle like is hot. Thank God i'm male we rules the world

Op, if you like edit and change this

1 Like

Re: 15 Reasons Why Yorubas Should Embrace Our Igbos by seunadeolu(m): 11:27am On May 08, 2015
THE IGBO'S ARE OUR OWN JEW, PLEASE LET NO NAZI-FULANI/HAUSA COME NEAR THEIR DWELLING
chowlade:

(Weeping).

Re: 15 Reasons Why Yorubas Should Embrace Our Igbos by hakeem4(m): 8:02am On May 14, 2015
I think number 6 is wrong ... But other point are correct
chowlade:

(Weeping).

1 Like

Re: 15 Reasons Why Yorubas Should Embrace Our Igbos by tpiander: 7:52pm On Jun 28, 2015
PenSniper:

Demented soul.

she's entitled to her opinion however.
Re: 15 Reasons Why Yorubas Should Embrace Our Igbos by macof(m): 8:59pm On Jun 30, 2015
tpiander:

she's entitled to her opinion however.
the op is a man and probably not yoruba
Re: 15 Reasons Why Yorubas Should Embrace Our Igbos by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jun 30, 2015
He is a chronic liar.

YORUBA - NO
FEMALE - NO

2 Likes

Re: 15 Reasons Why Yorubas Should Embrace Our Igbos by leederrty1997: 9:36pm On Jul 01, 2015
In a nutshell, united we stand, divided we fall.

For Nigerian histories, culture and tradition, legends, places and lifestyle in early Nigeria, visit www.oldnaija.

(1) (Reply)

Igala Isn't A Yoruba Language But Classified As Yoruboid / Congolese VS Ivorians(cote Iviore) VS Cameroonians / Why Saying SORRY can Build Your Life And Help You Prosper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.