Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,349 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

15 Reasons Why OAU Is Such A Great School: - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 15 Reasons Why OAU Is Such A Great School: (23684 Views)

Reply To 'reason Why Oau Is Not The Best' / OAU Is Charging N6,850 Just To Screen Candidates / 15 Reasons Why OAU Is Such A Great School: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Reasons Why OAU Is Such A Great School: by avicky(f): 3:31pm On Apr 21, 2015
ProfGday:
The last post-graduate entrance exams testified to it dat u can be a local champion frm ur alma mater(first class studnt) but when it comes to scaling the hurdle of PG Exams in OAU,u wud realized u hav a long way to go.

A lot of first class stndst from other universities scored 14,while candidates dat graduated wt 2:2 in OAU scored 80 upward.

Honestly. It is the greatness of the school that made me apply for Masters there and relocate to Ife. Me, wey come from state university, I beat so many candidates.
I wish I did my first degree there but I thank God, for my masters admission.

I have come to realize that, if you no go OAU, na lesson you go.

3 Likes

Re: 15 Reasons Why OAU Is Such A Great School: by avicky(f): 3:32pm On Apr 21, 2015
crixtex:

As in bro I thank you o.. Sch wey no fit produce any meaning invention/innovation for ile ife.. come here dey type thrash.. As in many educated illiterates need to leave deir caves....

Please share what your school has invented.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 15 Reasons Why OAU Is Such A Great School: by Nobody: 3:44pm On Apr 21, 2015
avicky:

Please share what your school has invented.
Nothing as well...
Re: 15 Reasons Why OAU Is Such A Great School: by Penboy: 3:51pm On Apr 21, 2015
avicky:

Honestly. It is the greatness of the school that made me apply for Masters there and relocate to Ife. Me, wey come from state university, I beat so many candidates.

Hahaha.. see wicked punchline. Or worse still, evening tutorials.
Congrats jare for your PG.

3 Likes

Re: 15 Reasons Why OAU Is Such A Great School: by avicky(f): 3:57pm On Apr 21, 2015
Penboy:

Hahaha.. see wicked punchline. Or worse still, evening tutorials.
Congrats jare for your PG.

Thank you bro.
It's beefing that blinds their eyes from the fact that OAU is :
O. Oba
A. Awon
U. University

3 Likes

Re: 15 Reasons Why OAU Is Such A Great School: by jackima: 3:58pm On Apr 21, 2015
OAU- the greatest of all. Once great always great. For Learning and Culture.

3 Likes

Re: 15 Reasons Why OAU Is Such A Great School: by Penboy: 4:03pm On Apr 21, 2015
avicky:

Thank you bro.
It's beefing that blinds their eyes from the fact that OAU is :
O. Oba
A. Awon
U. University

hehehe.. For the benefit of those that don't understand yoruba:

O. Only
A. African
U. University

Is it a coincedence that Obafemi Awolowo University forms these acronyms?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Reasons Why OAU Is Such A Great School: by blaze7x(m): 4:37pm On Apr 21, 2015
OAU is a good school, no doubt about that but i tell you my brother, there are better Universities e.g ABU
Re: 15 Reasons Why OAU Is Such A Great School: by Adeyinka12(m): 5:09pm On Apr 21, 2015
I tried to gain admission to the school but eventualy they don't.....
What a pity.
Re: 15 Reasons Why OAU Is Such A Great School: by Holuwathoby(m): 5:16pm On Apr 21, 2015
Proudly GREAT IFE!

2 Likes

Re: 15 Reasons Why OAU Is Such A Great School: by GBR1(m): 5:30pm On Apr 21, 2015
swezenberg:
Many guys that do not agree with OP have never been to IFE. Pay a visit to the school and compare it with your school or other schools you've been to then come back here and tell us what you notice. Don't just sit in your school or home and start hallucinating. I give it to them. The problem in Nigeria is that we don't accept the truth. If someone is better than I am and he rubs it to my face what I will do is to silently work on myself to give him a surprise of his life.

During my days in the University, we had these Junior lecturers who we felt were just saddist but knew nothing but the school Authority did something. They brought in some lecturers on Sabbatical, among them was a University of Ife (OAU) lecturer called Osaz. He taught us Engineering the way we've never been taught before , using phenomenal situation to dissect abstract cases. He would not mind giving you zero if you got it wrong and would not mind giving you 100% and was ever ready to defend this. He handled electro mechanical devices. The summary of the story is that he stood out among all the lecturers from other schools. There was another man from Ilorin called Olufe Agba, who my colleagues in Electrical Electronics confirmed was good.

I know the man, his full name; Prof. Oladipo Osasuna. He was the HOD of the department of electronics/electrical engineering, of which i was a student before i left OAU in 2014. But i wouldn't say much about him.

2 Likes

Re: 15 Reasons Why OAU Is Such A Great School: by GBR1(m): 5:32pm On Apr 21, 2015
PrinceMario:
Professor Osaz is the present HOD of electronics/electrical engineering department.
He's not the one currently.

1 Like

Re: 15 Reasons Why OAU Is Such A Great School: by GBR1(m): 5:36pm On Apr 21, 2015
FrancisTony:

I know the school is great but the way they brag is annoying. grin
Putting out another's candle doesn't make your's shine brighter. Brag about your school instead.

3 Likes

Re: 15 Reasons Why OAU Is Such A Great School: by avicky(f): 5:42pm On Apr 21, 2015
GBR1:

Putting out another's candle doesn't make your's shine brighter. Brag about your school instead.

GBAM! 100 LIKES FOR YOUR COMMENT.

1 Like

Re: 15 Reasons Why OAU Is Such A Great School: by solreb: 5:51pm On Apr 21, 2015

2 Likes

Re: 15 Reasons Why OAU Is Such A Great School: by sweet7oyin(m): 6:05pm On Apr 21, 2015
Precious91:
Yea yea.Greatest Ife!
I feel like singing some aluta songs.
Aluta Ife o dara,e e e,o dara./2x.
Greatest,greatest Ife,greatest,greatest o dara ooo.Aluta ife o dara,e e e,o dara.

Do you know Aluta Ife yato si ti Maulag(waiting for bashers)
I know aluta Ife yato si ti Maulag.
Do you know Aluta Ife yato si ti ilorin
I know aluta Ife yato si ti Ilorin.

Wiwa ti mo wa lawo,agbara mi ko.
Wiwa ti mo lawo,ogo ni fun eportal.

Proud to be an alumnus of the GREEEEEAAAAAATEEEEEST IFE!!!
can u pls translate wiwa ti mo wa lawo to english
Re: 15 Reasons Why OAU Is Such A Great School: by Tobilastik(m): 6:18pm On Apr 21, 2015
beedemmie:

You dont make a conclusion that your father's farm is the biggest when you have not been to other people's farm. I have been to Oau, Uniilorin, UI, Unilag and I can tell you that Funaab is more beautiful than all these schools. Take it or leave it

will u jxt that tin u call mouth up? when was Oau founded..when was funab founded?

nd u can never compare Oau Architectural design nd structure to that of ur improved secondary school u call a uni ...Oau has been awarded the most beautiful uni in Nigeria more than once! or do u expect a building that has been built for over 50years to still be like d one built jxt 20 years ago

stop hating!!!

there are two universities in Nigeria ...
Oau nd the rest

6 Likes

Re: 15 Reasons Why OAU Is Such A Great School: by BruzMoney(m): 6:32pm On Apr 21, 2015
Omowalksola:
Gud...still repping FUNAAB tho

We rep same school, follow me back on here

1 Like

Re: 15 Reasons Why OAU Is Such A Great School: by ProfGday(m): 7:07pm On Apr 21, 2015
avicky:

You're right ma'am.

2 Likes

Re: 15 Reasons Why OAU Is Such A Great School: by Precious91(m): 7:16pm On Apr 21, 2015
sweet7oyin:
can u pls translate wiwa ti mo wa lawo to english
It means "that I am staying in awo hall,it's not my power,but glory to the school portal".

2 Likes

Re: 15 Reasons Why OAU Is Such A Great School: by Precious91(m): 7:20pm On Apr 21, 2015
avicky:

I wish I have that pics of give that lady a medal.You make sense jare.Thank God you witnessed and testified to the goodness of God in the land of Learning and Culture.Muah.kiss kiss.(hope your hubby is not watching).*runs out

2 Likes

Re: 15 Reasons Why OAU Is Such A Great School: by avicky(f): 7:24pm On Apr 21, 2015
Precious91:

I wish I have that pics of give that lady a medal.You make sense jare.Thank God you witnessed and testified to the goodness of God in the land of Learning and Culture.Muah.kiss kiss.(hope your hubby is not watching).*runs out

grin. Thanks.
Re: 15 Reasons Why OAU Is Such A Great School: by 10thangel(f): 10:23pm On Apr 21, 2015
Will always b proud to b OAU graduate. I stay in Jos and I've been to some skools in d north. I've seen students from other skools & wonder how dy graduate wt dir attitude to dir studies. OAU taught me how to read even STUDENTS who to go to rave parties every wkd in Ife kno how 2 makeup during d wk days. OAU is were u see students reading a week into d semester. When
i tell pple how great OAU is, dy will say i like to brag but d truth is, OAU makes great pple. THERE IS ONLY ONE GREAT IFE IN THE UNIVERSE, ANOTHER GREAT IFE IS A COUNTERFEIT.

1 Like

Re: 15 Reasons Why OAU Is Such A Great School: by Nobody: 11:07pm On Apr 21, 2015
Rapsodee:
DamiDemi!.....heard that name on OAU campus yesterday,you visited Olamide?

Interesting...yes i visited odamide dnt think i know you o
Re: 15 Reasons Why OAU Is Such A Great School: by smallrincowis16(m): 12:00am On Apr 22, 2015
adeshola1:
Great
Greater
and the Greater ifffeee
#great
Re: 15 Reasons Why OAU Is Such A Great School: by freeDR(m): 12:12am On Apr 22, 2015
I rep GREAT IFE.

1 Like

Re: 15 Reasons Why OAU Is Such A Great School: by Rapsodee(m): 5:24am On Apr 22, 2015
Holudamsel:

Interesting...yes i visited odamide dnt think i know you o
Hmm..am d one you saw with Olamide at the front of Senate building and also the one who told u girls dat Olamide wasn't around.
Re: 15 Reasons Why OAU Is Such A Great School: by Deehvahrzz(f): 7:39am On Apr 22, 2015
FrancisTony:
This over-rated dung of a school can brag, eh. undecided
Funny enough, they have slum as a hostel with 8 or 10 students squatting inside a tattered room.
This useless school breed Ebola infested bats.
Wake up and stop living in your past glory. tongue
Great Ife kor, Great Ife ni

Lubbish!
Keep stealing the glory of other schools.
Have you forgotten he's a product of "University of Ibadan" - First and the best.
I wonder when Universities started impacting on lecturers.
"Thiefing Ife"

Yeye dey small. grin

Modified -
I know people will ask me how many times I failed OAU P.UTME.

Ntorr, truth hurts and I haven't stepped my foot in Ife not to talk/write about OAU. tongue
Oh My God.... Have you seen those bats? I spent four years watching out for them every time I had an evening class. They r beautiful in their procession. And it's not a tattered room. It's a beautiful big enough space for all the 12 legal occupants in Mozambique. That school rules. You should pay a visit soon.
I stepped my feet on road one ND knew I was going no where else. Am proud I didn't. I have been straightened, shaped, filed, gone through the fire, hammered, straightened even more and am proud to say, Great IFE!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Reasons Why OAU Is Such A Great School: by Charlesschools: 9:43am On Apr 22, 2015
Want to gain admission into Nigeria University and your
score is low for the course you applied for and also you
need help processing your admission and accomodation to
stay during post utme examination, contact Mr Charles for
assistance: 08153049342...
Re: 15 Reasons Why OAU Is Such A Great School: by Ashleyma77(m): 1:13pm On Apr 22, 2015
benatex:
my advice to all aspirants. reading this posts. It'll actually excite you to read n enjoy this fact but I promise u, OAU is hell. The brilliant, average and dull ones will testify to that. What we face here is not a joke. OAU will let you know that intellect u had in secondary school is useless. In OAU, people read hard and get Fs,in other schools, mostly d private universities, you can decide NOT to read and get a C. It's a fact I tell you. Considering d beauty of OAU, the beauty of OAU lies from d school gate to d Senate Building/Academics, check out the hostels and see what a beauty OAU is you'll be thrilled. In terms of electricity,100%, Security, 100%, Academic standards, 100%, Water Supply, 100%,, Socials, 100%. OAU has a total influence on all its students, it'll change Ur mentality, iSwear. Come to OAU today and see LIFE

what is your course?
Re: 15 Reasons Why OAU Is Such A Great School: by Ashleyma77(m): 1:14pm On Apr 22, 2015
benatex:
my advice to all aspirants. reading this posts. It'll actually excite you to read n enjoy this fact but I promise u, OAU is hell. The brilliant, average and dull ones will testify to that. What we face here is not a joke. OAU will let you know that intellect u had in secondary school is useless. In OAU, people read hard and get Fs,in other schools, mostly d private universities, you can decide NOT to read and get a C. It's a fact I tell you. Considering d beauty of OAU, the beauty of OAU lies from d school gate to d Senate Building/Academics, check out the hostels and see what a beauty OAU is you'll be thrilled. In terms of electricity,100%, Security, 100%, Academic standards, 100%, Water Supply, 100%,, Socials, 100%. OAU has a total influence on all its students, it'll change Ur mentality, iSwear. Come to OAU today and see LIFE

what is your course,pls?.
Re: 15 Reasons Why OAU Is Such A Great School: by benatex(m): 1:28pm On Apr 22, 2015
Ashleyma77:

what is your course?
Agric Extension

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free / JAMB: Fabian Benjamin Promises ₦1M For Anyone Who Can Prove JAMB Had Glitches / eWyse Emerges Overall Winner of 2019 Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.