Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

Are You A Hipster|everyback Blog - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Are You A Hipster|everyback Blog (555 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are You A Hipster|everyback Blog by EveryBack: 9:32am On Apr 21, 2015
Sometimes we don't konw what is hipster,and what is hipster clothing.it's difficult to use simple words to define it..David James gave a definition since the late 90s Hipster culture in Los Angeles after the revival Hipster on the L.A.'s Hipster Cinema:

It has usually referred to the consumers of indie music and film, many of whom are casual workers on the edges of the city's multiple culture and infotainment industries. Sometimes the term carries a derogatory implication of the fashionista's apropriation of the accoutrements of various post-punk and hip-hop cultures combines with the refusal or avoidance of whatever real social contestation these might have entailed.

David James's thinking is very political, very philosophical writing style. On the one hand, I think he can often tell the essence of the matter, on the other hand, I rarely read in a short time and he did not say what circumstances dictionary. Then a Allegories of Cinema read my very low self-esteem. LA Film Stephanie Forum once asked me: "Do you read the book yet David James must-read, very good book?!" (As a banner in the West Bank theorists, La La town people would definitely recommend David James , to New York, people will ask did you read P. Adams Sitney's Eyes Upside Down). I said I only read Allegories of Cinema, I thought, so I also have a husband to support unemployed when I might bite culture pursuits David James.

I know a lot of hipster, they are riding a bike to work (school), especially thin wheels of the car; they wear skinny jeans and American Apparel's deep V-neck compassionate; they are vegetarian, some are even vegan, are super love tofu ; many people are smoking (this point is I still do not understand, perhaps for the US super sanitary policies on smoking rebel?) B students will have a fat children, Kevin, is the most typical hipster, those described above are according to his appearance imagination. He gave a non-mainstream newspaper in Chicago wrote music critic, also in line with the description of David James worked at the edge of the cultural industry. Kevin has also been working for American Apparel. American Apparel should be assisted cultural revival of LA's hipster, hipster also parasitic on their consumption.

I'm not hipster, though, and they have a lot of consensus. I am more disgusted that this label, as well as the hypocrisy and superficiality of all tagged caused. For example, American Apparel sympathize with out a lot of political rhetoric that says Legalize LA (refers to legalize illegal immigrants), Legalize Gay, Free Iran, etc. (fortunately not seen Free Tibet). The arch is a slogan not what, I have not seen me wear a gay friend "Legalize Gay" clothes. Say American Apparel clothes are over-priced, a compassionate have 20 pieces, there are a few real edge in any field who can afford to give the rich obviously loaded with alternative equipment rebel.

Any kind of non-mainstream culture is built on mainstream culture, are established on the basis rebel enemies of the faith. If one day all vegetarian, and meat will certainly become an alternative fashion. Of course, hipster culture has many, many healthy things, such as bicycles, is something that is very rare mainstream American society needs, but should not be only to become hipster cyclists.

Source: http://www.everyback.com/blog/are-you-a-hipster.html

(1) (Reply)

Biggest Boy In Town / Searching For Foremost Plus Size Day Dresses UK Wholesalers? / ,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.