Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,912 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Is It A Church Or Swingers Club Posing As A Church? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is It A Church Or Swingers Club Posing As A Church? (609 Views)

Photo Of Man Posing Inside A Casket Sparks Outrage On Social Media / Beware Of Fraudters Posing As Interswitch / Beware Of This Scammer Posing As Pastor Adeboye (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It A Church Or Swingers Club Posing As A Church? by RobinHez(m): 12:42pm On Apr 21, 2015
grin grin
I stumbled on this post online and I thought I should share it with you guys. See how easy it is to become a Pastor and own a church abroad....lol
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – Is it a church or a swingers club posing as a church? That’s the big question posed Monday by the councilwoman who represents the Madison district. The question comes in the wake of a once-proposed swingers club, The Social Club, filing paperwork to renovate the building to become a church. News 2 learned more about the church Monday, called United Fellowship Center, and how easy it is to become a minister. In a March 25 interview with the property owners’ lawyer , Larry Roberts told News 2, “My clients pulled a permit for a church.”
But many are skeptical, including District 8
Councilwoman Karen Bennett.
“Do I really think they are a church? Not really,” she
said.
Bennett received an advance flyer for the church,
which says it will be honoring all yearly subscribers
and members of The Social Club. The flyer for the
United Fellowship Center said men are charged $50
and women $20.
It also states the center believes that “we are children
of the same universe,” where everyone is welcome,
including Christians, Buddhists, Muslims, Jews,
agnostics, pagans and wiccans.
The church’s primary belief is to “do only that which
is right.”
“If you have researched constitutional law in
Tennessee, a church is something you cannot
regulate,” the attorney told News 2.
According to Bennett, the owner of the building has
become an ordained minister, a process online that
takes less than a minute and requires nothing more
than a name and password.
“Churches have a lot of rights, but it is also federally
regulated,” she said. “They certainly have their right
to become a church; they just need to make sure they
follow guidelines.
There is still no word when the church will open.
Source: http://wkrn.com/2015/04/20/is-it-a-church-or-swingers-club-posing-as-a-church/
So what do y'all think?....crazy right?
Re: Is It A Church Or Swingers Club Posing As A Church? by Rapzino: 12:58pm On Apr 21, 2015
. Brb

(1) (Reply)

Man Rides Bicycle From Kaduna To Lagos To Thank Yorubas For Voting Buhari-osinba / Police Officers Stage Fake Arrest To Help Mother With Misbehaving Son / What Is Enuelmedia ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.