Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

Top 20 Highest Grossing Nigerian Movies Of All Time - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Top 20 Highest Grossing Nigerian Movies Of All Time (54799 Views)

Top 10 Highest-grossing Nigerian Films Of All Time / 9 Epic Nigerian Movies We Can't Forget In A Hurry. / AY's 30 Days In Atlanta Declared Highest Grossing Film Of All Time In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 20 Highest Grossing Nigerian Movies Of All Time by solayd(m): 6:27pm On Apr 21, 2015
Chai! I never watch any of these movie angry
Re: Top 20 Highest Grossing Nigerian Movies Of All Time by VickyRotex(f): 6:27pm On Apr 21, 2015
Watched;

Married but living single kiss kiss
Half of a yellow sun (didn't enjoy it, cos it was less detailed than I anticipated) undecided
Return of Jennifer cheesy grin
Mr. And Mrs. kiss
Mirror Boy (cool, but I dint complete watching the movie)
Last flight to Abuja (Nice too but wasn't as detailed as anticipated aswel, more like they rushed it) angry
Phone Swap
Maami smiley
Figurine kiss

The only one I wanna watch now is October 1st. I hope it's as interesting as it's been painted.

The rest, no time..
Re: Top 20 Highest Grossing Nigerian Movies Of All Time by Adeyinka12(m): 6:29pm On Apr 21, 2015
The return of jenifa
irapada. I like the movie
Re: Top 20 Highest Grossing Nigerian Movies Of All Time by Ithee(m): 6:29pm On Apr 21, 2015
UnknownT:
that is for my Mars brothers. They are Martians
*laughing in South African voice*
hoihoihoihoihoi
Re: Top 20 Highest Grossing Nigerian Movies Of All Time by SeverusSnape(m): 6:30pm On Apr 21, 2015
AndreRose:

Lol. Your own case is too much. I will have to look into it.
I do listen their musics very well, any artist so far the music is cool.
Hehehehehehe... grin
Well, different strokes for different folks. smiley
Re: Top 20 Highest Grossing Nigerian Movies Of All Time by AndreRose(f): 6:31pm On Apr 21, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Hehehehehehe... grin
Well, different strokes for different folks. smiley
Yah

1 Like

Re: Top 20 Highest Grossing Nigerian Movies Of All Time by MNDY(m): 6:31pm On Apr 21, 2015
The expenditure matters less! I like me a movie with brilliant content! Is there any in the list? I've seen low budget movies that got me spell-bound!
Re: Top 20 Highest Grossing Nigerian Movies Of All Time by tiamiyukunle69(m): 6:32pm On Apr 21, 2015
dre11:
Kunle Afolayan keeps chunning out great films...
Have being following his film right from Oleku

Not surprise he has 4films from the whole pack...
Also loved 'the contract'... Great film

But sad that 'the meeting' didn't make the cut
saworo ide you mean?
Re: Top 20 Highest Grossing Nigerian Movies Of All Time by Nobody: 6:33pm On Apr 21, 2015
AndreRose:
Am I the only that doesn't watch Nigeria movies?

(Sighs)
No...you are not

I used to watch every western based movie in the world apart from Sci-fi (except The Matrix)
I loathed the "fakeness" and bad acting and directing of Nigerian movies
I will be very honest and say that I used to get some perverse pleasure and pride about not watching them

But now I am in Europe and I see the otherness of me...in a cinema filled with whites, shouting "yay" when Nicole Kidman slaps or kisses Robert Redford would make me feel slightly ashamed...
I dunno how to say it....but I realise it is nothing to be proud of
I wish I could start watching them..Naija movies that is
Well I think I would love the ones in Igbo or Pidgin, with English subtitles....the actors wiould be able to express every nuance and the movies would be great

I loved Rattlesnake, Half of a Yellow Sun and Sawaam....out of the about ten Naija movies I ever saw
Maybe there is hope
I used to like watching Checkmate, I need to Know, Tales by Moonlight, Beyond the Realm, Bassey and Coy, The Masquerade and the play, Our husband has gone mad again, and abiku when I was younger
So maybe there is hope

I like Naija music and will re read African writers and some new books soon....the movies? I will try...okay I like Big Brother if that counts
My point is, I have grown to realise it is nothing to be proud of that I only watch oyibo movies
Hollowness is what I feel even as I enjoy some....I have cut down on the movies I watch, drastically....series/sitcoms I am still left with

I dunno what I am saying....just ignore me
Again, sigh

5 Likes

Re: Top 20 Highest Grossing Nigerian Movies Of All Time by basille(m): 6:34pm On Apr 21, 2015
Does anyone know where I can get Original copies of these movies in port harcourt? Don't want to patronize this piracy guys.

1 Like

Re: Top 20 Highest Grossing Nigerian Movies Of All Time by jaydee87(m): 6:35pm On Apr 21, 2015
rman:
Is Kunle Afolayan the best movie director in Nigeria?

four of his movies made the list.
to me he is the best...
Re: Top 20 Highest Grossing Nigerian Movies Of All Time by Nobody: 6:37pm On Apr 21, 2015
Beamborla:
30 days in Atlanta and Jenifer, no no for me

Figurine, half a yellow sun and Mr and Mrs are on point. I think Ije is okay as well

Looking forward to seeing Oct 1 cos I saw the behind the scene some days back and it captured my attention.

Nice work, missyclassy

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Top 20 Highest Grossing Nigerian Movies Of All Time by Nobody: 6:38pm On Apr 21, 2015
wow, i dont like naija movies but noticed ive watched almost all the movies on that list, any way my fav are half of a yellow sun and last flight to abuja. 30 days in atlanta is the funniest then phone swap. mirror boy is the most stupid, the story was pointless follow by ije, another stupid movie. pointless story.

but i cant find a movie tho i doubt it was done by nigerians, but it was shot in nigeria. BLOOD AND OIL. thats still the most amazing movie shot in nigeria, i still watch it over and over again and each time i pick someting new

october 1 loading.....

1 Like

Re: Top 20 Highest Grossing Nigerian Movies Of All Time by Adeyinka12(m): 6:38pm On Apr 21, 2015
imoleay0:
This list is incomplete without Alhaji Yekeen Ajileye's KOTO AYE.

Idumota stood still the day it was released to market.
haaaaaaaaah,that movie is evergreen,i like ajileye films
Re: Top 20 Highest Grossing Nigerian Movies Of All Time by Nobody: 6:53pm On Apr 21, 2015
milychocs:

(Sighs)
No...you are not

I used to watch every western based movie in the world apart from Sci-fi (except The Matrix)
I loathed the "fakeness" and bad acting and directing of Nigerian movies
I will be very honest and say that I used to get some perverse pleasure and pride about not watching them

But now I am in Europe and I see the otherness of me...in a cinema filled with whites, shouting "yay" when Nicole Kidman slaps or kisses Robert Redford would make me feel slightly ashamed...
I dunno how to say it....but I realise it is nothing to be proud of
I wish I could start watching them..Naija movies that is
Well I think I would love the ones in Igbo or Pidgin, with English subtitles....the actors wiould be able to express every nuance and the movies would be great

I loved Rattlesnake, Half of a Yellow Sun and Sawaam....out of the about ten Naija movies I ever saw
Maybe there is hope
I used to like watching Checkmate, I need to Know, Tales by Moonlight, Beyond the Realm, Bassey and Coy, The Masquerade and the play, Our husband has gone mad again, and abiku when I was younger
So maybe there is hope

I like Naija music and will re read African writers and some new books soon....the movies? I will try...okay I like Big Brother if that counts
My point is, I have grown to realise it is nothing to be proud of that I only watch oyibo movies
Hollowness is what I feel even as I enjoy some....I have cut down on the movies I watch, drastically....series/sitcoms I am still left with

I dunno what I am saying....just ignore me
Again, sigh

please don't cry
Re: Top 20 Highest Grossing Nigerian Movies Of All Time by preciousMI1(f): 6:53pm On Apr 21, 2015
to me, the way people hyped that 30days in Atlanta wasn't what I saw.... not bad tho.
I can watch Mr and mrs the way I watch coming to America.
Re: Top 20 Highest Grossing Nigerian Movies Of All Time by Nobody: 6:53pm On Apr 21, 2015
it would have been good if you put the budgets of each film so that we know their percentage profits...
Re: Top 20 Highest Grossing Nigerian Movies Of All Time by bogolobango(m): 6:55pm On Apr 21, 2015
Abg nairalander hw can u download dis movies with what type of application i don miss naija movies for dis yeye french country wey i dey

Quick response asap
Re: Top 20 Highest Grossing Nigerian Movies Of All Time by Omolayo27(m): 6:55pm On Apr 21, 2015
I just like Kunle Afolayan Movies sha cool
Re: Top 20 Highest Grossing Nigerian Movies Of All Time by Alexander001(m): 6:56pm On Apr 21, 2015
what about sai baba coolwhat about sai baba
Re: Top 20 Highest Grossing Nigerian Movies Of All Time by preciousMI1(f): 6:59pm On Apr 21, 2015
Beamborla:
30 days in Atlanta and Jenifer, no no for me

Figurine, half a yellow sun and Mr and Mrs are on point. I think Ije is okay as well

Looking forward to seeing Oct 1 cos I saw the behind the scene some days back and it captured my attention.

Nice work, missyclassy

the 30days in Atlanta was really hyped.... I wasn't really impressed....

1 Like

Re: Top 20 Highest Grossing Nigerian Movies Of All Time by stinggy(m): 7:02pm On Apr 21, 2015
October 1 is no 3. Now we can all see why Kunle Afolayan was mad at pirates. The movie is already selling on the street and he hasn't made much from it at all.

Re: Top 20 Highest Grossing Nigerian Movies Of All Time by ChristyG(f): 7:07pm On Apr 21, 2015
sweatholder:
Hmmm AY is still topping lol
Delta no dey carry last joor
ay is from ondo state not delta

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 20 Highest Grossing Nigerian Movies Of All Time by Nobody: 7:08pm On Apr 21, 2015
The return of Jenifer, very interesting movie.
Re: Top 20 Highest Grossing Nigerian Movies Of All Time by Temysteve(m): 7:09pm On Apr 21, 2015
I really give kudos to Kunle Afolayan coz he's one of the best director in Nigeria now....

1 Like

Re: Top 20 Highest Grossing Nigerian Movies Of All Time by pamcode(m): 7:12pm On Apr 21, 2015
with this i can comfortably say Kunle Afolayan is d most successful director in Nigeria
Re: Top 20 Highest Grossing Nigerian Movies Of All Time by Armaggedon: 7:13pm On Apr 21, 2015
edogirl2:

Nobody dey start anything. It is good to see real figures.

These figures are totally opposite what we were being led to believe. In fact, the person that opened the other thread last week suggested Yorubas are not involved in Nollywood because they cant speak English How crass.

Top 3 highest grossing films - all Yoruba directors

3 out of top 5 films - Yoruba directors

7 out of top 10 films - Yoruba directors.

Impressive.

who takes profit on a movie? Producer or director?
... Even if we give the credit for a movie success solely to the directors, what makes u think this is true?
What of other Igbo directors and producers who wouldn't want their profit disclosed.
The truth is yorubas seek for popularity at the slightest opportunity.
We know the part of the country that are into the business of media hype

1 Like

Re: Top 20 Highest Grossing Nigerian Movies Of All Time by preciousMI1(f): 7:15pm On Apr 21, 2015
solayd:
Chai! I never watch any of these movie angry

you will. just one day.
Re: Top 20 Highest Grossing Nigerian Movies Of All Time by Pdizzle(m): 7:16pm On Apr 21, 2015
chefremy:
which one have you watched that is on the list?

Re: Top 20 Highest Grossing Nigerian Movies Of All Time by thundersx(m): 7:17pm On Apr 21, 2015
rman:
Is Kunle Afolayan the best movie director in Nigeria?

four of his movies made the list.
I think so....with four superb entries ...he sure deserves d title

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tega Gets Her First Endorsement Deal After Her Eviction From BBNaija (Video) / 2020 BBNaija Lockdown Voting Results From Week One Released By Multichoice / Throwback: How Many Of These Black American Movies Have You Seen?(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.