Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,241 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

“my Uncle Played Football In Germany Until Injury Ended His Career” - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / “my Uncle Played Football In Germany Until Injury Ended His Career” (682 Views)

World Football In The Next 5 Years? This Is What Champman Simulated. / 7 Deaths That Shocked Nigerian Football In 2016 / Alex Iwobi Hangouts With His Uncle Okocha, Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“my Uncle Played Football In Germany Until Injury Ended His Career” by FootyJunkie: 5:01pm On Apr 21, 2015
For most Nigerian football fans, the beautiful game is something limited to watching on television and playing for fun with friends. For Chidiebere Michael however, football is a very personal and meaningful thing having watched his uncle play professional football in Europe.

The Imo state indigene who was part of Team Nou Camp on the opening episode of the Star Football Superfans TV gameshow on Thursday April 9 2015, revealed that it is his fond wish to have a son who will someday play for FC Barcelona, the club that he has come to love.

In his words, “I am the first member of my family to support Barcelona and I hope to have a son who one day will play for Barcelona. I sometimes wish that I had played football. I played for my village team in Imo state and the amateur team Queen’s Football Club but I did not go professional. My uncle played professional football for Julius Berger and he also played in West Germany until a knee surgery ended his career.”
His teammates on Team Nou Camp, Soyinka Adesoye, Ali Umaru, Nelson Apaya, Ewaudu Michael and Jerry Ubaka matched his passion on the night and together they overcame One United 2-0 to emerge the inaugural winners of the weekly gameshow and win the N1 million prize. One United made up Alade Ridwan, Gideon Saibu, Udeawu Felicity, Akata Elijah and Adewale Olumide went home with the consolation prize of N100, 000.

The show was anchored by popular sports OAP, Mozez Praiz who co-ordinated the fierce battle between both teams. The show was also monitored closely by prominent football fans such as Colin Udoh, Gbemi Olateru-Olagbegi and Yaw.

Star Football Superfans is sponsored by leading beer brand, Star Lager beer. It is a platform to test the passion, knowledge and skills of football fans and reward superfans like Chidiebere. In the course of 14 weeks, more than N16 million in cash prizes will be given out. If you think you have what it takes to be a STAR football Superfan, you can register here.

(1) (Reply)

Leave Me Alone, Keshi Tells Nigerians / Rivaldo And Son Score In 3-1 Victory For Mogi Mirim / DONE DEAL: Manchester United Finalize The Signing Of PEDRO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.