Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

Cultural Music - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Cultural Music (613 Views)

Powerful Cultural Praise Songs-rccg (yoruba Classic) / Does Anybody Knows Where I Can Learn Cultural Dance(bata) / What Song Is This? It Sounds Traditional Or Cultural. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cultural Music by earTHMama: 8:35pm On Jan 31, 2009
What type of music is the most popular in Africa?. I mean, the type of music that will be identified with only Africans like Jamaicans are known for reggae and African Americans are known for hip hop. I used to think the South African acapella is the most popular in the world but it's like makosa is giving it the run for it's money. What type of music are we known for?. Will any type of Nigerian music fill that space?
Re: Cultural Music by earTHMama: 9:03pm On Jan 31, 2009
Is there any Nigerian music that can stand out and give Africa an identity like Reggae did for Jamaica?
Re: Cultural Music by Nobody: 2:44am On Feb 01, 2009
earTHMama:

Is there any Nigerian music that can stand out and give Africa an identity like Reggae did for Jamaica?

Jamaica is a country, Africa is a continent and Nigeria is just one of the many countries there. It's not big deal.

You can't use a Nigerian music to represent the whole of Africa because that would be diminishing the importance of other countries which in my opinion, music wise, have got a lot to offer, even more than Nigeria.

This Nigerian-centrism has to end once and for all. The moment we realise that Africa isn't all about us, we'll also understand there is more than being from Nigeria to get a general recognition.
Re: Cultural Music by bawomolo(m): 3:22am On Feb 01, 2009
earTHMama:

you have gone a little too far with this one
Re: Cultural Music by Nobody: 6:04am On Feb 01, 2009
bawomolo:

you have gone a little too far with this one

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
has anyone charted the limits to hotfunmi's mania?
Re: Cultural Music by Ndipe(m): 12:05am On Feb 02, 2009
Re: Cultural Music by comfort3: 8:08pm On Feb 23, 2009
wink
Re: Cultural Music by tamme: 4:28pm On Jul 11, 2009
Congo music
south African Capella
Nigerian music
Re: Cultural Music by oyinda3(f): 9:30am On Jul 25, 2009
nigerian pop music is one of the most popular in africa now thanks to psquare, 2face n all. even jamaicans like it!!

(1) (Reply)

Celebrity Wednesday:-m.i On Top Fm! / Fourth Annual Nigerian Entertainment Award Nominees / Africas Best Global Hip Hop Brand!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.