Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Hey Guys! What Would You Do If You Meet This Lady? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Hey Guys! What Would You Do If You Meet This Lady? (984 Views)

Meet This Curvy Lady And With Her Swag (see More Nice Photos) / Destiny Owusu Ohwawa On Nigerian Men: "Run If You Meet Nigerian Men" / OMG!! Meet This Nigerian Boy That Has The Hips Of A Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hey Guys! What Would You Do If You Meet This Lady? by bvibesblogger: 11:13am On Apr 22, 2015
Did Segun send him here?

As my eyes wonder back and forth, I look from Lola to Yeka… Aisha then to Maami… Rene is sitting at the far end of the room, idly twirling the ice in his drink. Then he lifts his face and his eyes meet mine. He smiles weakly, I want to smile back but I can’t; not now. I need to know what this is about, what is Jide up to?

I look at him and comes to stand beside Jide. I don’t know what to say, nobody is saying anything either…

Aisha: “Why are you guys, acting like this is a funeral?”

She comes to stand beside me. I look over at Jide waiting for a reply as Jimi steps towards me and puts out his hand. I just stand there looking at it like it is a ticking bomb. The last time I saw him he wanted to get me as far away from his brother’s life as possible. He called me “A gold digging b#tch”. So I’m not sure I want to be all chummy yet, holding hands and sharing cocktails. Jimi looks at me and puts his hand down.

Jimi: “I am sorry Ibukun. I am sorry I had Jide bring you out here like this, it is just… I know if I called you to meet me, you wouldn’t come.”

I look at Jide, and give him a proper Cookie Lyon glare. Then I turn my attention to Jimi. I can’t but wonder if this really an apology? Or it’s another of Segun’s intervention?

He looks well I suppose, and at least is dressed for the occasion in a Mao collar shirt, dark slim pants and brown dress shoes.

zara mao shirt

Ibukun: “I don’t mind you being here like this but, I am not going to stand here and act like I am cool with you Jimi.”

Aisha raises her glass to toast and whispers, “You go girl!” but it’s not much of a whisper as the whole room hears her and she gets some stern looks. She quickly sips from her glass. Someone needs to take one for the team and take her home. I’m guessing she is halfway drunk.

Jimi: “I know… and that is why I am here. I am sorry for calling you names and opening a can of worms that wasn’t my business in the first place. You are a wonderful soul and it’s only a foolish man that will try taint that, I was foolish. Hell, I still am.”

As he goes on with his apology, the phrase ‘can of worms’ sinks in and resonates in my soul… I take it that is a euphemis for Segun and that situation.

Jimi: “I did some things I am not proud of, very foolish things. And I hurt your feelings and I disrespected you in more ways than one. You don’t deserve such behaviour and especially not from me; you’ve been nothing but nice to me.

At one point in my life with Segun, Jimi was like a younger brother to me. We would have movie nights and every time he would meet a new girl, myself and Segun would host them. Well most times I hosted alone because Segun would be AWOL. But those were really good times, the best of those times.

Jimi: “I don’t want to be that kid anymore, talking recklessly and without decorum. I am sorry for the things I said, I am even sorrier for complicating things. Also, I am sorry for ruining what we had, you were family to me. You always believed in me, even when I didn’t believe in myself and all I wanted to do was date hot models and do drugs. You never judged, not once.”

He starts to cry, silent tears… Wow. I move towards but before I can get to him Aisha rushes over and wraps him I her arms. She is definitely drunk. Yeka laughs as Rene and Lola pull her to the side and sit her down. I walk over to Jimi. Jide hasn’t said a word since; he is just looking at me. I can’t read the expression on his face but he doesn’t look relieved or happy at Jimi’s apology. That is his problem; it is more than enough for me.

Me: “I forgive everything Jimi… I really do.”

I wrap him in a hug as he hugs me back. I really did miss him, what are the chances that he would turn out to be related to the love of my life? I am smiling as I look over at Jide but he just looks on with a blank expression on his face.

Jimi: “So when are you two making babies?”

Lola scoffs and Yeka giggles.

Lola: “Every night I hope.”

I laugh out loud at that and Jide comes over to me. Why is he so quiet?

Jide: “I need to go make a call, are you alright?”

I look up at him, something is wrong. I know this man and his handsome face isn’t happy right now.

“What’s wrong baby?”, I whisper, holding his arm.

Jide: “Nothing, I won’t be long.”

I kiss him on the cheek and let go and he walks into the house.

Jimi: “Buks, I have to run now. I really missed you… so much.”

I smile.

Buks: “Come by the house tomorrow, we’ll catch up.”

He hugs me and makes his way out, Rene goes with him. Then the girls rush to my side. We settle on the couch while Lola goes to the wine cooler and comes back with 4 glasses of Pinot and a glass of fresh orange juice for Yeka. She makes a face as Lola hands it to her.

Lola: ‘”Welcome to 9 months of sobriety!”

We all laugh as we make a toast.

Aisha: “Here’s to more trips, more love, weddings, babies, fantastic men and fewer vibrators!”

Trust Aisha.

We all burst out laughing as we clink our glasses.

Me: “It was such a good evening… even Regina’s sour presence couldn’t change anything.

Bisola: you know what I thought?

We all turn our gaze to her.

Bisola: “I thought Jide was going to propose, it was so perfect, everybody was here and Maami too. I didn’t think Jimi was here for an Iyanla; Fix My Life episode.”

The girls start laughing at her remark.

Lola: “Oh Jide knows what he wants, he will be a fool not to wife her as soon as he can.”

I smile as I listen to everybody have an opinion on my life.

Aisha: “Well he might not be a fool; maybe he is just a man. Men are born foolish, that’s why God made women, and we are here to give them wisdom. Receive Sense!”

Yeka: “Jide is very traditional; he will probably ask all of us first before he proposes to her. I know. Well he has to ask for my blessing first.”

I am just sitting there minding my business like Kermit, sipping my wine.

Lola: “He seems like that type of guy you know, like he might have a surprise party for Buks with all of us in the know and all. Wow. It will be so grand!”

I just look at them chattering on and on.

Bisola: “The look on Buk’s when she saw Jimi was epic!”

Aisha: “His face is epic…”

Lola: “And when he started crying I was like… Wait, what?”

She turns to look at Aisha, we all look at Aisha, and all of a sudden she doesn’t look drunk or tipsy in the least. What is wrong with woman?

Aisha: “Whaaaat?”

She stands up and places her glass on the nearby counter top and smooths down her red wrap dress that shows off figure.

Closet_Burgundy_Drape_Waist_Cross_Over_Dress

Yeka: “You were staggering a few minutes ago, now you are fine and making coherent sentences. What are you on?”

Aisha glares at Yeka.

Aisha: “I had to find a way to slip him my number; I knew she would never help!”

She points at me. Me?

Me: “So you staged all that?!”

I feel laughter bubbling in my chest. Aisha is grinning happily to herself.

Aisha: “Well a girl’s got to do what a girl’s got to do!”

Bisola: “You are not a girl babe; you are a grown ass woman. Your mates are picking out prom dresses for their kids my n#gga.”

Aisha picks up the nearest throw pillow and tosses it at Bisola, who ducks in good time.

Lola: “I admire you Ai, I like how you go for what you want, always.”

Aisha high fives Lola and sits on her lap.

Yeka: “You are a freak babe, don’t believe the hype.”

Then we all turn around as Jide comes out of nowhere. He walks into the sitting room and manages a weak smile for us.

Jide: “Ladies.”

They smile like they are all bunnies in the playboy Mansion and Jide is Hugh Heffner.

“Baby, you okay?”, I ask looking up at him.

Jide: “Can I talk to you?”

I look at him closely and decide to say goodnight to the girls. It’s been a long day and I’m not sure how it will end. As I am walking up the stairs behind him; I hear Aisha say;

“Ohh that kitty is ‘bout to get ate.”

Sigh. What am I going to do about those girls.

More importantly, what’s up with Jide?

Continues next Tuesday.

http://www.stylevitae.com/smart-single-loves-shoes-the-unexpected-guest-ibukun-donald/

Re: Hey Guys! What Would You Do If You Meet This Lady? by lokito: 11:32am On Apr 22, 2015
Write-up is longer than Buhari's third mainland bridge flier
Re: Hey Guys! What Would You Do If You Meet This Lady? by Sandydayz(f): 11:39am On Apr 22, 2015
U really want me to read that? cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Hey Guys! What Would You Do If You Meet This Lady? by iheanyi40(m): 11:54am On Apr 22, 2015
Can sum1 summarize undecided

(1) (Reply)

Five Wealthiest Hip-hop’s Artists 2015 / Photo: Paul Okoye Shares New Photo Of Himself And Son / Photos. Uche Jombo Celebrates 3rd Wedding Anniversary, Writes Heartfelt Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.