Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,088 members, 7,821,761 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Bodytalk - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Bodytalk (800 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bodytalk by idihcoben: 1:09pm On Apr 22, 2015
In this column, I am going to prove to you that the human body is like clay and you can mold it into any shape that you desire. I will systematically take you through the steps that will get your body back to max, like a well-tuned engine of a new car. I will take you through the mental, physical, psychological and social levels of workouts. Your time has come to show a great body.
Re: Bodytalk by idihcoben: 2:20pm On Apr 22, 2015
Workout 1. THE MIND GAME (1)

At what point did the word 'exercise' enter the human lexicon? Why do we even need to exercise? Why can we not just carry on from day to day, eating all we can and just die when the time comes? Why can we not generally celebrate protuberant mid regions and sagging waists and bull-frog necks? I will tell you why- It's because we CARE.
We care about how we look, what people think about us, how they address us. We care about the kind of image people have of us, the impressions we create. We care about the pains we feel, the emotional strains we undergo when negative comments are made about our body. These are comments that could destroy our self confidence for life. So we care whether we want to admit it or not. But truth is: caring about how we look is the starting point to changing what needs to be changed. If you care about making a change, let's go on that journey together.
Re: Bodytalk by edorhe14(m): 11:33am On Apr 23, 2015
Nice write up bro...Pls I have got a body that kills but I still want to improve on my Biceps..
What do I do?
Re: Bodytalk by idihcoben: 9:46am On Apr 27, 2015
@edorhe14: If you've got ' body that kills', I should ask: Why the special attention on your biceps? I ask because many guys consider their biceps a I-CF [Impression-Creating Feature] and focus too much on it to the detriment of the other features. The quickest and most likely part of the body to impress with is usually the biceps, mainly because they are 'accessible', and obvious. Little wonder most body-building ad focus on men and women sporting the bulge. As you probably will have observed, a guy who want s to impress a new catch or show is musculature or wants to ensure that his T-shirt flatters the biceps would do a few quick reps of push-ups. Even at the gym, most guys focus too much on biceps-building exercises. My point however is that no matter what you do, always ensure that your body features are proportionate, else, you could look funny. Another instance: many guys look like a wine glass simply because they focus too much on the upper body to the effect that the pecs, lats and abs, biceps and triceps are all better developed that the lower region muscles. Truth is: squats is a killer, and you might know that the calf muscles are the toughest to build, but we cannot neglect those muscles because they are pain-givers, can we? But if you must build the biceps, try intensive barbell curls with weights that complement your body weight. Enjoy.

1 Like

Re: Bodytalk by edorhe14(m): 2:37pm On Apr 27, 2015
idihcoben:
@edorhe14: If you've got ' body that kills', I should ask: Why the special attention on your biceps? I ask because many guys consider their biceps a I-CF [Impression-Creating Feature] and focus too much on it to the detriment of the other features. The quickest and most likely part of the body to impress with is usually the biceps, mainly because they are 'accessible', and obvious. Little wonder most body-building ad focus on men and women sporting the bulge. As you probably will have observed, a guy who want s to impress a new catch or show is musculature or wants to ensure that his T-shirt flatters the biceps would do a few quick reps of push-ups. Even at the gym, most guys focus too much on biceps-building exercises. My point however is that no matter what you do, always ensure that your body features are proportionate, else, you could look funny. Another instance: many guys look like a wine glass simply because they focus too much on the upper body to the effect that the pecs, lats and abs, biceps and triceps are all better developed that the lower region muscles. Truth is: squats is a killer, and you might know that the calf muscles are the toughest to build, but we cannot neglect those muscles because they are pain-givers, can we? But if you must build the biceps, try intensive barbell curls with weights that complement your body weight. Enjoy.
Real nice bro! What r those exercises?
Cos I just feel even tho my biceps look good they could be better pls help a broda out man!

(1) (Reply)

Change Your History Today And Be Rich ON MERRYBET Registration / Benitez A Better Coach For Real Madrid Than Mourinho – Perez / EXCLUSIVE: Lionel Messi Reacts To The Cristiano Ronaldo Movie Trailer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.