Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

2,000 Sit Ups And Six Hours Of Training PER DAY! How Jake Gyllenhaal Got Ripped. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 2,000 Sit Ups And Six Hours Of Training PER DAY! How Jake Gyllenhaal Got Ripped. (1353 Views)

10 Days After Valentines Day.. How A Girl Snatched Her Sisters Husband!! / Some Jake Bohm(touch) Monologue U'll Find Interesting... / Pic Of The Day, How Many People Still Do This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2,000 Sit Ups And Six Hours Of Training PER DAY! How Jake Gyllenhaal Got Ripped. by fabulous986: 2:44pm On Apr 22, 2015
The new Southpaw trailer last month featured Jake Gyllenhaal showing off an extremely toned torso.
But according to his trainer, former professional boxer Terry Claybon, it took a huge amount of work to get the 34-year-old actor ripped for the shoot, including six months of training before filming even started.
He also worked out for an incredible six hours per day, including 2,000 sit ups, 1,000 each morning and the same at night.

Claybon told Yahoo: 'Gradually we built up, day-by-day, to 2,000. It takes time to do that', and revealed that his exercise regime included, 'three hours of boxing in the morning and three hours of strengthening, conditioning, and cardio at night.'

Of course Jake had to work even harder to get in shape after dropping approximately 30lbs to play freelance crime reporter Lou, who stumbles upon the dangerous underworld of Los Angeles in Nightcrawler.
Speaking about his weight loss at the time, Jake told Us Weekly: 'I knew that [Lou] was literally and figuratively hungry, [so I got into the] mode where I was always a bit hungry.

'It's not different than getting into character for anything. It's more about believing where you are and being present where you are. Who's to say what the process is? I have a strange one … but I love what I do.'
Claybon explained to Yahoo that Jake put back on the weight he had lost before gaining an extra 15 pounds of muscle for Southpaw.
Meanwhile, in Southpaw, Jake plays Billy Hope, a professional boxer who must rebuild his life after his wife is killed and his daughter is taken away from him.
The recent trailer opens with Gyllenhaal's understatement: 'I expected a hard fight. I put my family through a lot.'
It then cuts to him in the ring bloodied and bruised as he takes a relentless pounding from an opponent, while his wife, played by Rachel McAdam and Curtis '50 Cent' Jackson look on in horror, before Hope suddenly turns it around sends the other boxer to the canvass.

The reason Gyllenhaal's character allowed himself to take the beating in the first place is then explained.
'The more you get hit the harder you fight, I get it,' his wife says. 'Only now you've taken way to many hits before you get off. You cant fight like that any more. Think about her.'
She's talking about the couple's only daughter Leila, who is played by film newcomer Oona Laurence. The youngster is fresh from lauded performances on Broadway as Matilda in the stage adaptation of the Ronald Dahl classic.
But the trailer also reveals there's a much more devastating blow in store for Hope, when his wife is accidentally shot dead by a bodyguard during an altercation with he has with another boxer who had been taunting him, which McAdam's character had told him to walk away from.

And things get worse for the embattled boxer as the child protection services take his daughter away from him after he falls into a dangerous cycle of self destruction following the death of the child's mother.
The film also stars Rita Ora, who recently played Christian Grey's sister in Fifty Shades Of Grey, as well as Forest Whitaker and Naoime Harris, replacing Lupita Nyong'o who dropped out in August.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk

Re: 2,000 Sit Ups And Six Hours Of Training PER DAY! How Jake Gyllenhaal Got Ripped. by deebrain(m): 2:59pm On Apr 22, 2015
An example of a lie from the pit of hell...

As a fitness instructor, i can boldly tell you that this is not true.
Re: 2,000 Sit Ups And Six Hours Of Training PER DAY! How Jake Gyllenhaal Got Ripped. by Forwetinnah: 8:04pm On Apr 22, 2015
This dublor actor is just one over hyped fellow. I don't like him one bit.
Re: 2,000 Sit Ups And Six Hours Of Training PER DAY! How Jake Gyllenhaal Got Ripped. by pomporiking: 9:42am On Apr 23, 2015
deebrain:
An example of a lie from the pit of hell...

As a fitness instructor, i can boldly tell you that this is not true.

Then you are no fitness instructor
Re: 2,000 Sit Ups And Six Hours Of Training PER DAY! How Jake Gyllenhaal Got Ripped. by deebrain(m): 10:37pm On Apr 23, 2015
pomporiking:

Then you are no fitness instructor

And you are an excuse of made of skin.

(1) (Reply)

Swing And A Miss: Rogue Nation / What Does It Cost To Organise A Talent Show Like Dem Project Fame,naija Sings / Celebrities At Nigerian Idols Premiere Episode Screening: Deceits Of Naija Youth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.