Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,354 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Court Jails Woman 266 Years For Stealing Employer’s N8million, (photo) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Court Jails Woman 266 Years For Stealing Employer’s N8million, (photo) (526 Views)

How To Move Successfully From Employee To Employer / SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? / Man With Wife & Kids Caught Stealing A Mobile Phone On CCTV In A Bank (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Jails Woman 266 Years For Stealing Employer’s N8million, (photo) by oluvick(m): 10:49pm On Apr 22, 2015
Oluremi Olayinka, a female staff of popular eatery, Sweet
Sensation, was on Wednesday convicted and sentenced to
266 years imprisonment by Justice A.A Akinyemi of Ogun
State High Court, Abeokuta, for stealing N8million belonging
to her employer.

The offence is contrary to sections 390(6)(7)(cool, 467 and
468 respectively of the Criminal Code Law Cap 29, Laws of
Ogun State.

The court found the convict guilty on all the 34-count
charges. She was sentenced to seven years on each of 30
counts and 14 years on the remaining four charges. The
sentences are to run concurrently.

Additionally, Justice Akinyemi ordered her to return the
money she stole in restitution to her victim.

Ms. Olayinka was arraigned before Justice Akinyemi on May
13, 2014 following a petition, alleging that she stole the sum
of N8,000,000 (Eight Million Naira), which she received on
behalf of her employer.

When the convict was confronted with the allegation, she
admitted the crime only for her to dramatically pleaded not
guilty upon arraignment.

In the course of trial, the Economic and Financial Crimes
Commission presented four witnesses and tendered 16 exhibits
to prove its case against the convict.

Re: Court Jails Woman 266 Years For Stealing Employer’s N8million, (photo) by alonzoiv(m): 10:54pm On Apr 22, 2015
thats a Methuselah in the making
Re: Court Jails Woman 266 Years For Stealing Employer’s N8million, (photo) by Nobody: 11:09pm On Apr 22, 2015
ok
Re: Court Jails Woman 266 Years For Stealing Employer’s N8million, (photo) by Caseless: 11:25pm On Apr 22, 2015
How many years Diezani go come get now? 2000years?
I hope so...
Re: Court Jails Woman 266 Years For Stealing Employer’s N8million, (photo) by Habayomie(m): 11:30pm On Apr 22, 2015
politics sweet sha ......
1st...I'll stop the court from prosecuting me
2nd..if eventually prosecuted, three Months imprisonment with option of #10000 fine.
I really feel for the poor....
Re: Court Jails Woman 266 Years For Stealing Employer’s N8million, (photo) by Praise5: 8:41am On Apr 23, 2015
Chai and nairaland has made me believe that criminal activities means igbo tribe. Is this rogue also an igbo? Keep deceiving yourselves.

(1) (Reply)

Xenophobia: Malawians Shun & Boycott All South-african Owned Businesses In Malaw / Ultra Modern Shopping Complex For Rent In Phc....08186089520...view Pics! / Plz Be Warn Betcleric.com Is Back To Fraud People Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.