Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,018 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

African And Intercontinental Dishes Special : How To Cook Ofe Achara - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / African And Intercontinental Dishes Special : How To Cook Ofe Achara (5103 Views)

Well Packaged Nigerian Dishes.. / Friday Special: How To Prepare Nkwobi / Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

African And Intercontinental Dishes Special : How To Cook Ofe Achara by oginni106: 7:13am On Apr 23, 2015
Ofe Achara is a delicious soup that is common in Abia, Ebonyi and IMO states. It is special elephant grass-like plant that is usually shredded into tiny bits and chunks and cooked with egusi, achi or offor.
Other important assorted ingredients usually go as accompaniment to make the soup tasty. The taste is better on your taste bud. Let's just go straight to the kitchen. Any swallow like akpu, fufu, pounded yam, or Eba can go with this soup.
The already made shredded type can be bought in any market where soup things are sold around town in Nigeria. Just tell the woman 'Achara'.
Recipe for serving:
2 cups of shredded already made achara leaves
2 cooking spoons of palm oil
Seasoning and salt to taste
2 cups ground egusi(melon)
1 kilogram offals (assorted meat)
5 big snails
1 large stockfish
2 large mangala or okpo fish (cleaned)
3 table spoons ground crayfish
3 fresh Cameroon pepper
1 bunch of okazi leaves or A handful of shredded of bitter leaves
METHOD
Wash, season and cook the meat, fish and stockfish with salt and season for 40 minutes. Cut the achara leaves as normal, wash and add to the pot. Add the cleaned snail (clean with alum or lime) and allow boiling for ten minutes.
Pour it into the cooked meat stock, then stir and add the pepper, palm oil and ground egusi. Allow to cook for few minutes, taste for salt and simmer for few minute before adding the shredded okazi leaves or bitter leaves, cook for 2 minutes and serve with fufu, Eba or pounded yam.......
See more on http://talkwithbeejay..in/2015/04/african-and-intercontinental-dishes.html
Re: African And Intercontinental Dishes Special : How To Cook Ofe Achara by asadike(f): 7:28am On Apr 23, 2015
Ok. Dis one go be sumptuous o. I recently prepared ofe owerri with ogiri, d tin make kwara sense.
Re: African And Intercontinental Dishes Special : How To Cook Ofe Achara by Nobody: 7:37am On Apr 23, 2015
asadike:
Ok. Dis one go be sumptuous o. I recently prepared ofe owerri with ogiri, d tin make kwara sense.

I've been yearning to learn How to cook ofe owerri. can you teach me?
Re: African And Intercontinental Dishes Special : How To Cook Ofe Achara by asadike(f): 7:41am On Apr 23, 2015
shachris03:

I've been yearning to learn How to cook ofe owerri. can you teach me?
Lol! So u dis guy, u still dey my back? Ebe obuna ntinyere isi, ebe ahu ka ga fukwa gi.
Re: African And Intercontinental Dishes Special : How To Cook Ofe Achara by Nobody: 7:54am On Apr 23, 2015
asadike:
Lol! So u dis guy, u still dey my back? Ebe obuna ntinyere isi, ebe ahu ka ga fukwa gi.

in psquare voice 'any Where you dey go oooo....I go dey follow follow you eh'

I'm bewildered by your booeuty, asa.

m choro ira gi ka ofe owerre.
Re: African And Intercontinental Dishes Special : How To Cook Ofe Achara by asadike(f): 9:11am On Apr 23, 2015
shachris03:

in psquare voice 'any Where you dey go oooo....I go dey follow follow you eh'

I'm bewildered by your booeuty, asa.

m choro ira gi ka ofe owerre.

Lol! Somebody Pls save me from shachris o.

(1) (Reply)

The English Name For Agbalumo/udara / See The Best Way To Serve Your Man Breakfast. (photo) / How To Prepare Avocado Pap (pudding)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.