Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,105 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Would You Buy A Brand New Kia Rio Or A Tokunbo 2009 Toyota Camry Both At N2.5m ? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Would You Buy A Brand New Kia Rio Or A Tokunbo 2009 Toyota Camry Both At N2.5m ? (3382 Views)

Sold! Sold!! Sold!!! Bought Brand New Kia Borrego 2007 SUV @3.5m (Lokoja) / Cheap Hyundai Sport Car!!! Cooooool Ride Or Swaaaaaaaaaaaaap With Rio Or Picanto / Wanted, Kia Rio Or Hyundai Aceent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Buy A Brand New Kia Rio Or A Tokunbo 2009 Toyota Camry Both At N2.5m ? by AutoG: 10:09am On Apr 23, 2015
Now, the 2014 Kia Rio is 2.5m and the Tokunbo 2009 Toyota Camry is also 2.5m.

If you had to decide which would be of more value to you, which would be your choice?

considering all their Features, Testimonials from current users, and Patronage, which they both possess.

Below are the features of each ride:

2014 Kia Rio

INTERIOR MEASUREMENTS

FRONT HEAD ROOM 40.0 in. FRONT HIP ROOM 52.1 in.

FRONT LEG ROOM 43.8 in. FRONT SHOULDER ROOM 53.1 in.

REAR HIP ROOM 51.2 in. REAR HEAD ROOM 37.6 in.

REAR LEG ROOM 31.1 in. REAR SHOULDER ROOM 52.1 in.

FUEL

ENGINE TYPE Gas FUEL TYPE Regular unleaded

FUEL TANK CAPACITY 11.4 gal. RANGE IN MILES (CTY/HWY) 330.6/421.8 mi.

EPA MILEAGE EST. (CTY/HWY) 29/37 mpg

DRIVE TRAIN

DRIVE TYPE Front wheel drive

TRANSMISSION 6-speed manual

ENGINE & PERFORMANCE

BASE ENGINE SIZE 1.6 L

CAM TYPE Double overhead cam (DOHC)

CYLINDERS Inline 4

VALVES 16

VALVE TIMING Variable

TORQUE 123 ft-lbs. @ 4850 rpm

HORSEPOWER 138 hp @ 6300 rpm

TURNING CIRCLE 33.5 ft.

POWER FEATURES

Power mirrors
Heated mirrors

In CAR ENTERTAINMENT

Mast antenna
4 total speakers
AM/FM stereo
Satellite radio satellite radio
Auxiliary audio input and USB with external media control
3 Months of provided satellite radio service
USB connection

TELEMATICS

Pre-wired for phone

Bluetooth wireless data link for hands-free phone

2009 Toyota Camry

INTERIOR MEASUREMENTS

FRONT HEAD ROOM 41.4 in.

FRONT HIP ROOM 56.6 in.

FRONT LEG ROOM 42.5 in.

FRONT SHOULDER ROOM 58.2 in.

REAR HIP ROOM 54.3 in.

REAR HEAD ROOM 38.5 in.

REAR LEG ROOM 37.2 in.

REAR SHOULDER ROOM 56.4 in.

FUEL

ENGINE TYPE Gas

FUEL TYPE Regular unleaded

FUEL TANK CAPACITY 18.5 gal.

RANGE IN MILES (CTY/HWY) 388.5/555.0 mi.

EPA MILEAGE EST. (CTY/HWY) 21/30 mpg

DRIVE TRAIN

DRIVE TYPE Front wheel drive

TRANSMISSION 6-speed manual

ENGINE & PERFORMANCE

BASE ENGINE SIZE 1.6 L

CAM TYPE Double overhead cam (DOHC)

CYLINDERS Inline 4

VALVES 16

VALVE TIMING Variable

TORQUE 123 ft-lbs. @ 4850 rpm

HORSEPOWER 138 hp @ 6300 rpm TURNING CIRCLE 33.5 ft.

Re: Would You Buy A Brand New Kia Rio Or A Tokunbo 2009 Toyota Camry Both At N2.5m ? by Untainted007: 10:15am On Apr 23, 2015
I will rather go for the Toyota Camry. In term of durability the Toyota has it, the kia cannot still be in good condition when it has been in term of the years the Camry has been used; In term of engine capacity, speed, flexibilty and torque the Kia can't withstand the Camry in all the aforementioned point. FTC I dedicate this to Almighty God and our President-elect "Sai Baba"
Re: Would You Buy A Brand New Kia Rio Or A Tokunbo 2009 Toyota Camry Both At N2.5m ? by Nobody: 10:58am On Apr 23, 2015
Untainted007:
I will rather go for the Toyota Camry. In term of durability the Toyota has it, the kia cannot still be in good condition when it has been in term of the years the Camry has been used; In term of engine capacity, speed, flexibilty and torque the Kia can't withstand the Camry in all the aforementioned point. FTC I dedicate this to Almighty God and our President-elect "Sai Baba"

Kia is a better product than Toyota in terms of durability, strength, maintenance and oil.
Re: Would You Buy A Brand New Kia Rio Or A Tokunbo 2009 Toyota Camry Both At N2.5m ? by fyneboi79(m): 12:35pm On Apr 23, 2015
Scanfrost:

Kia is a better product than Toyota in terms of durability, strength, maintenance and oil.
Pls don't say what u don't know. How can you say kia is better than Toyota camry You can't even compare Kia to Hyundai not to talk of Toyota Camry. I will take the Camry without thinking.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Would You Buy A Brand New Kia Rio Or A Tokunbo 2009 Toyota Camry Both At N2.5m ? by jacobjamie(m): 1:14pm On Apr 23, 2015
Huh? Mr? Did u just say Kia? ...I think Nairaland auto isn't for u,have no clue what cars and how dey work I guess, even a tailor will say a Toyota is far better, smh..no be by force to comment oh my brother..waiying u no know...u no know..
Scanfrost:

1 Like

Re: Would You Buy A Brand New Kia Rio Or A Tokunbo 2009 Toyota Camry Both At N2.5m ? by AutoG: 2:54pm On Apr 23, 2015
jacobjamie:
Huh? Mr? Did u just say Kia? ...I think Nairaland auto isn't for u,have no clue what cars and how dey work I guess, even a tailor will say a Toyota is far better, smh..no be by force to comment oh my brother..waiying u no know...u no know..

cool
Re: Would You Buy A Brand New Kia Rio Or A Tokunbo 2009 Toyota Camry Both At N2.5m ? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Apr 23, 2015
That Kia looks dope...However, I'll buy the Camry but not for 2.5m.

1 Like

Re: Would You Buy A Brand New Kia Rio Or A Tokunbo 2009 Toyota Camry Both At N2.5m ? by kuluTemper: 3:39pm On Apr 23, 2015
A brand new car is always a brand new car. Problem free...

A tokunbo, whatever you may like to call it, First body, Grade A, Clean, Super Clean is a tokunbo and the problems you'll face while using it is the happiness of the mechanics attending to the problems.

I bought the Kia Rio 2006 model for 2M, used it for approximately 7 years, serviced it at KIA service center for the whole duration of use, and I sold it for 800k afterwards. No single breakdown for the whole 7 years. The new owner still rocks the car.

Toyota is over priced. KIA has excellent after sales service in Nigeria. All my vehicles are KIA. I'll'ed rather buy a small brand new KIA (or any other vehicle with great after sales service, than buy a bogus big for nothing tokunbo that will not only wreck your pocket but will also drain you emotionally.

P.S. in my little life time, I have used over 14 cars, three of them brand new.

1 Like

Re: Would You Buy A Brand New Kia Rio Or A Tokunbo 2009 Toyota Camry Both At N2.5m ? by Untainted007: 4:38pm On Apr 23, 2015
kuluTemper:
A brand new car is always a brand new car. Problem free...

A tokunbo, whatever you may like to call it, First body, Grade A, Clean, Super Clean is a tokunbo and the problems you'll face while using it is the happiness of the mechanics attending to the problems.

I bought the Kia Rio 2006 model for 2M, used it for approximately 7 years, serviced it at KIA service center for the whole duration of use, and I sold it for 800k afterwards. No single breakdown for the whole 7 years. The new owner still rocks the car.

Toyota is over priced. KIA has excellent after sales service in Nigeria. All my vehicles are KIA. I'll'ed rather buy a small brand new KIA (or any other vehicle with great after sales service, than buy a bogus big for nothing tokunbo that will not only wreck your pocket but will also drain you emotionally.

P.S. in my little life time, I have used over 14 cars, three of them brand new.

You are very correct my brother. I bought a 2013 Hyundai Elantra in December 2013 at the rate of 3.6m which till date has no issue only for me to change the break pad after a year and do my normal service. Although, I did the first 3 free services at Hyundai Service centre but presently using Mobil 1 to service the car not anymore with Hyundai Service Centre. In my first comment I chose Camry because I prefer it to the Kia Rio; had it been the comparism is between the Camry and Kia Optima; I would have preferred the Optima to the used camry. Any which way, any one of the 2 cars is atleast better than not having any one.
Re: Would You Buy A Brand New Kia Rio Or A Tokunbo 2009 Toyota Camry Both At N2.5m ? by Leeman0007: 12:44pm On Apr 24, 2015
Kia, you got to be kidding me.

If you plan to drive the car for 10 years then fine. For me i try to use a car for maximum 3 years. I have used a kia cerato in the past. 2008 kia cerato i bought brand new. I ended up selling the car with begging o for 450K in 2013. Nobody wants to buy it. No second hand value. Parts are expensive. In 2012, my friend bought a 1997 camry, tiny light, he just sold the car for 650k. See that comparison.....

Even at the service centres, parts are freaking expensive, my KIA ac got bad sometime and I asked kia to look at it, the said the compressor was bad and said it would cost 180k for another compressor. Madness. Even the KIA ac is generally poor. If you serviced your KIA for 7 years at KIA, take a break and find out how much you have spent in total on the servicing of that car in 7 years.

With Tokunbo cars ok, get it right and you are could be fine for 4 years with no major issues. And what I mean with getting it right is run a VIN, which i always do, Make sure the vehicle is not accidented, make sure the mileage has not been rolled back, make sure you get one with a low mileage and I tell you, you would be better off than a brand new KIA.

Another bit you need to understand is the KIAs we get in Nigeria are of a lower spec than those sold in the states. This is a a FACT. Eg my 2008 cerato had only one airbag. That same cerato in the states is equipped with at least 6.

Then for luxury, you can't even compare the quality of leather in the KIA to that in the camry. NO COMPARISON. Even the 2014 cerato that KIA nigeria sells is not leather. It has reverse camera, steering buttons, usb, front and back sensors, shikena. Its good to drive simply because its brand new. Nothing else.

I leave you with this question. If you buy a kia 2014 cerato now at maybe 4. summit million and I buy a 2011 camry tokunbo at 3.7 million and we both use these cars for 4 years, no scratches no accidents, which car do you think will provide more money if I intend to sell after 4 years.

I have been using a lexus rx for 3yrs now and let me tell you, I only service every 6months with Mobil 1. That is all I have done plus change break pads as and when due.. sincerely speaking, no breakdowns nothing. Simply because I bought right. The leather is still in tact.

Look KIA, HYUNDAI makes loads of money from after sales and thats the kill. They tell you if you don't service with them you break your warranty. Nobody wants to break warranty so they go on servicing with them at least for the first few years. Do you even know what type of oil they pour into your car when they service, No because you get there, they take your car in and do the serving behind closed doors while you wait and have tea or coffee somewhere.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Buy A Brand New Kia Rio Or A Tokunbo 2009 Toyota Camry Both At N2.5m ? by Untainted007: 2:45pm On Apr 24, 2015
Leeman0007:

If you plan to drive the car for 10 years then fine. For me i try to use a car for maximum 3 years. I have used a kia cerato in the past. 2008 kia cerato i bought brand new. I ended up selling the car with begging o for 450K in 2013. Nobody wants to buy it. No second hand value. Parts are expensive. In 2012, my friend bought a 1997 camry, tiny light, he just sold the car for 650k. See that comparison.....

Even at the service centres, parts are freaking expensive, my KIA ac got bad sometime and I asked kia to look at it, the said the compressor was bad and said it would cost 180k for another compressor. Madness. Even the KIA ac is generally poor. If you serviced your KIA for 7 years at KIA, take a break and find out how much you have spent in total on the servicing of that car in 7 years.

With Tokunbo cars ok, get it right and you are could be fine for 4 years with no major issues. And what I mean with getting it right is run a VIN, which i always do, Make sure the vehicle is not accidented, make sure the mileage has not been rolled back, make sure you get one with a low mileage and I tell you, you would be better off than a brand new KIA.

Another bit you need to understand is the KIAs we get in Nigeria are of a lower spec than those sold in the states. This is a a FACT. Eg my 2008 cerato had only one airbag. That same cerato in the states is equipped with at least 6.

Then for luxury, you can't even compare the quality of leather in the KIA to that in the camry. NO COMPARISON. Even the 2014 cerato that KIA nigeria sells is not leather. It has reverse camera, steering buttons, usb, front and back sensors, shikena. Its good to drive simply because its brand new. Nothing else.

I leave you with this question. If you buy a kia 2014 cerato now at maybe 4. summit million and I buy a 2011 camry tokunbo at 3.7 million and we both use these cars for 4 years, no scratches no accidents, which car do you think will provide more money if I intend to sell after 4 years.

I have been using a lexus rx for 3yrs now and let me tell you, I only service every 6months with Mobil 1. That is all I have done plus change break pads as and when due.. sincerely speaking, no breakdowns nothing. Simply because I bought right. The leather is still in tact.

Look KIA, HYUNDAI makes loads of money from after sales and thats the kill. They tell you if you don't service with them you break your warranty. Nobody wants to break warranty so they go on servicing with them at least for the first few years. Do you even know what type of oil they pour into your car when they service, No because you get there, they take your car in and do the serving behind closed doors while you wait and have tea or coffee somewhere.

Whaooooo your last paragraph nailed it. Its the exact reason I stopped servicing my Hyundai Elantra with any Hyundai service outlet because all they will tell you after you have waited for few hours for the servicing, they will tell you to pick up your car at the car wash within the facility. I had a second thought, that do I even know the kind of oil to put inside the engine. But when I started using mobil 1, I realised that my fuel consumptions drastically reduced and even the sound of the car when working became cooler than it used to be when I was using their oil to do my car servicing.
Re: Would You Buy A Brand New Kia Rio Or A Tokunbo 2009 Toyota Camry Both At N2.5m ? by AutoG: 6:18pm On Apr 24, 2015
Quite insightful.

Leeman0007:

Re: Would You Buy A Brand New Kia Rio Or A Tokunbo 2009 Toyota Camry Both At N2.5m ? by AutoG: 2:56pm On Apr 26, 2015
AutoG:
Quite insightful.

Untainted007:

You are very correct my brother. I bought a 2013 Hyundai Elantra in December 2013 at the rate of 3.6m which till date has no issue only for me to change the break pad after a year and do my normal service. Although, I did the first 3 free services at Hyundai Service centre but presently using Mobil 1 to service the car not anymore with Hyundai Service Centre. In my first comment I chose Camry because I prefer it to the Kia Rio; had it been the comparism is between the Camry and Kia Optima; I would have preferred the Optima to the used camry. Any which way, any one of the 2 cars is atleast better than not having any one.

Good comment
Re: Would You Buy A Brand New Kia Rio Or A Tokunbo 2009 Toyota Camry Both At N2.5m ? by AutoG: 11:52am On Jun 25, 2015
whats your take on this
Re: Would You Buy A Brand New Kia Rio Or A Tokunbo 2009 Toyota Camry Both At N2.5m ? by AutoG: 1:37pm On Jun 26, 2015
which would be your choice#?
Re: Would You Buy A Brand New Kia Rio Or A Tokunbo 2009 Toyota Camry Both At N2.5m ? by Untainted007: 7:25pm On Jun 28, 2015
The camry till be my choice.
Re: Would You Buy A Brand New Kia Rio Or A Tokunbo 2009 Toyota Camry Both At N2.5m ? by AutoG: 12:40pm On Nov 02, 2015
What do you think?

(1) (Reply)

NISSAN PATHFINDER PICKUP Just 870k 08169446319 @abeokuta / BMW 3series (manual) Wanted For Racing! / <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<...SOLD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SOLD<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<SOLD>>>>>>>>

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.