Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

Gear Problem In Mazda Astina 323f - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Gear Problem In Mazda Astina 323f (1718 Views)

Please Help, My Mazda 323F Astina Cranks But Wont Start. / Iridium Or Platinum Spark Plug For Mazda 323f Glx 2.0i V6 Dohc Engine / Step By Step Guide On How I Fixed Audi A4 2002 Gear Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gear Problem In Mazda Astina 323f by alextayo(m): 11:51am On Apr 23, 2015
Good morning house, I have a big problem at hand and need professional advise.

My car MAZDA ASTINA 323F GLX was tested and confirmed to be working well in the morning before it was driven to Ogun state where it developed gear problem. The automatic gear failed to enter reverse, neutral and only run on gear 1 which was about 40km/hr. The car was driven back to Lagos on a speedometer of 40 with frequent intermittent stop.

I took it for repair and the AUTO-mechanic worked on it. It is now working on reverse and neutral but still failing to change gear. I would have loved to change the whole gear box and save myself all these stress, but the mechanic is giving me an excuse that the fault may be electrical or even the oil pump.
Re: Gear Problem In Mazda Astina 323f by Kashif(m): 3:29pm On Apr 23, 2015
You should have towed it rather than driving all the way in the first gear. Have the car scanned. If there is an underlying electrical problem, you will change transmissions till thy kingdom come and still face same issue.

GAZZUZ to your rescue!
Re: Gear Problem In Mazda Astina 323f by alextayo(m): 4:49pm On Apr 23, 2015
Kashif:
You should have towed it rather than driving all the way in the first gear. Have the car scanned. If there is an underlying electrical problem, you will change transmissions till thy kingdom come and still face same issue.

GAZZUZ to your rescue!
Thank you Kashif

Today is the 4th day my car has been in his workshop and he is not even specific about the cause of the failed gear so I ordered for another gear box at the rate of 30k with the hope that everything will be in place afterwards.

I actually paid 5k for the auto scan but he capitalized on my very busy schedule, did the scan in my absence and has failed to show or analyse the result since then.

I intend doing another auto scan whatever comes out after replacing the gear box.
Re: Gear Problem In Mazda Astina 323f by Kashif(m): 5:09pm On Apr 23, 2015
alextayo:

Thank you Kashif
Today is the 4th day my car has been in his workshop and he is not even specific about the cause of the failed gear so I ordered for another gear box at the rate of 30k with the hope that everything will be in place afterwards.
I actually paid 5k for the auto scan but he capitalized on my very busy schedule, did the scan in my absence and has failed to show or analyse the result since then.
I intend doing another auto scan whatever comes out after replacing the gear box.

Does you mechanic have the right scan tool?

You need to scan before replacing the transmission.

First, you would be able to establish if your car really needs a transmission replacement.
Second, you wont lose TDC codes stored at that stage.
Third, you may harm the replacement transmission if the potential problem is not resolved, depending on its severity.

Meanwhile, I envy you o. 30k for a transmission! You no go understand.....

1 Like

Re: Gear Problem In Mazda Astina 323f by alextayo(m): 5:15pm On Apr 23, 2015
Kashif:

Does you mechanic have the right scan tool?

You need to scan before replacing the transmission.

First, you would be able to establish if your car really needs a transmission replacement.
Second, you wont lose TDC codes stored at that stage.
Third, you may harm the replacement transmission if the potential problem is not resolved, depending on its severity.

Meanwhile, I envy you o. 30k for a transmission! You no go understand.....

I understood you Kashif, thats why i went for economy car.. do you think i would have been able to buy a replacement if it sells for 200k... i dey craze.

I will take to your suggestion. Will do that once I close from work tomorrow morning.

Thank you Bros
Re: Gear Problem In Mazda Astina 323f by DECOtech(m): 6:24am On Apr 24, 2015
alextayo:

I understood you Kashif, thats why i went for economy car.. do you think i would have been able to buy a replacement if it sells for 200k... i dey craze.

I will take to your suggestion. Will do that once I close from work tomorrow morning.

Thank you Bros

08030938491 can come to your location to scan with a high-end scantool if you are in Lagos.

Cheers.

(1) (Reply)

Speeding Hymn For All Drivers.-a Must Know / Fix your Toyota Venza, Lexus, Camry,V6 22 Pins Gearbox With Guarantee in Abuja! / Car Tracking Installation Service In IBADAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.