Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,581 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Court Dissolves 20-year-old Marriage Over Man’s Insanity - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Court Dissolves 20-year-old Marriage Over Man’s Insanity (441 Views)

Two Female Deeper Life Members Battle Over Man / Court Dissolves 18-year-old Marriage Over Incest / Court Dissolves 3-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lack Of Vagina Opening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Court Dissolves 20-year-old Marriage Over Man’s Insanity by ijustdey: 1:12pm On Apr 24, 2015
An Igando Customary Court in Lagos yesterday dissolved the 20-year-old marriage of Mr and Mrs Demola Lawal because of the husband’s insanity.
The petitioner, Mrs Abosede Lawal, sought
dissolution of the marriage, citing her husband’s
mental sickness, threat to her life and
irresponsible acts.
She said she discovered her husband had mental
sickness after she had her first baby.
“My husband is mentally sick, I have stayed with
him for 20 years, thinking he would get well, he
always exhibits his madness by destroying our
household items and misbehaving.
“I discovered after I had my first baby but I
decided to stay praying to God to cure him of the
illness,” Abosede, a designer said.

She also accused her husband of always
threatening her with acid and dangerous
weapons.
“My husband brought acid home and he always threatens to pour it on me saying that he wanted to disfigure me so that I will look unattractive to people,” she said.
She said: “My husband refused to take care of the family. I pay our bills because anytime I asked him for feeding money or the children’s school fees, he beats me up.

Lawal, a 47-year old automobile technician,
agreed that he is insane, saying his wife wanted
to divorce him because of his sickness.
“My wife wanted to quit our marriage just
because of my state of health, I believe God will
heal me one day,” he said.
Delivering judgment, the court’s President, Mr
Hakeem Oyekan, said it appeared that the parties
were tired of the marriage, adding that efforts to
reconcile them have failed.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/court-dissolves-20-year-old-marriage-over-mans-insanity/
Re: Court Dissolves 20-year-old Marriage Over Man’s Insanity by joek(m): 6:16pm On Apr 24, 2015
This is a touching situation. I pray God heals the man.

(1) (Reply)

A Thread For Popular People / Woman Gives Birth To Twins With TWO Different Fathers L Read / 9 Ways To Create More Income Of Monthly N100,000 For Your Family.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.