Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,036 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know (10646 Views)

Starting A Blog, 5 Questions You Need To Ask Yourself. / Rate This Blog /5 / Please I Need A Good Blog Designer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 4:30pm On Apr 24, 2015
Good post. Learnt something today!
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by geostrata(m): 4:32pm On Apr 24, 2015
JOTTING DOWN........

1 Like

Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by Nobody: 4:36pm On Apr 24, 2015
njuwo:
I should park to America and keep doing it shey? Because it is there that men shines in blogging.

Either Nigeria or usa you can make it big so far that you are offering a good service.

What made me to hate blogging in Nigeria is that 98% of Nigerian bloggers are News caster all what they know is to wind up some false news .

There are some niche that Nigerian can make money at but our eyes are so blind that most of us want to become linda ikeji.

I have to be creative so i shun becoming a news caster and turn into a niche where everyone needs.

Check my blog to see www.facepassion.

At siteprice.org my blog currently worth #131,800 you can confirm that yourself
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by ContentPremise: 4:46pm On Apr 24, 2015
How do you create a redirect link for what is not there? If you wipe the content, it's all gone. A redirecting link will come into play if another article or website links directly to the article in question.

Since Google has placed more relevance to content of a website, you'll only loose SEO for the content that are deleted and of no more relevance; in this way, your website will be affected for such content.

Akinsnaira:
@OP or any experienced blogger in the house, about the niche stuff? If you have published many contents on your blog before but later discovered they are not relevant to your niche and you deleted them. Without creating redirecting links for them, do they have impact on your blog or SEO in anyway?
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by bawajghai(m): 4:58pm On Apr 24, 2015
What does it take to start bloging
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by Tohpeh(m): 5:08pm On Apr 24, 2015
It takes creativity, passion and patience to create a blog.
Check out the blog below...

www.fabgist..com
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 24, 2015
ContentPremise:
The value of the money you intend making depends on how valuable is the information or services offered in your blog for your audience.

To start a blog:

1. Get a web address, thankfully enough, you can get a good one for free at www..com. So let's say you got Damager..com assuming your niche, business name or your name is damager
2. Research your niche or market
3. Prepare your unique contents and start publishing
4. Build an audience, preferably a loyal one
5. Monetize your content.

Thanx, so plzz Hw do I moneytize?? And also I love d blog idea Buh u gat any idea on Hw I can get a forum jus like nairaland.. wif a user friendly interface??
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by ContentPremise: 5:09pm On Apr 24, 2015
To start a blog:

1. Get a web address, thankfully enough, you can get a good one for free at www..com. So let's say you got bawajghai..com assuming your niche, business name or your name is bawajghai
2. Research your niche or market or blogging field/subject
3. Prepare your unique contents and start publishing
4. Build an audience, preferably a loyal one
5. Monetize your content.

bawajghai:
What does it take to start bloging
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by GodMode: 5:09pm On Apr 24, 2015
$
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by Akinsnaira: 5:16pm On Apr 24, 2015
ContentPremise:
How do you create a redirect link for what is not there? If you wipe the content, it's all gone. A redirecting link will come into play if another article or website links directly to the article in question.

Since Google has placed more relevance to content of a website, you'll only loose SEO for the content that are deleted and of no more relevance; in this way, your website will be affected for such content.

What I mean by the redirecting links is that, since I have shared those contents before on social media, so anybody that clicks on those links embedded in my shared contents would rather be taken to another contents existing on my blog since the contents whose those links belong to no longer existent in my blog, you get it? But I am not saying I have created any redirecting links whatsoever on my blog.

What I am asking is that, those irrelevant contents to my niche that I deleted, did they affect my SEO anyway?
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by kefmawin: 5:19pm On Apr 24, 2015
This is same old story

Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by ContentPremise: 5:31pm On Apr 24, 2015
It depends on what your blogging field is, if for instance, information is what you are blogging on, then you can package an advanced copy of your subject (information) for sale.

I taught on how to develop a website here on Nairaland https://www.nairaland.com/1485054/joomla-free-training-nairaland-live and then packaged an advanced ebook for the same subject and offered it for sale in one of my websites http://JoomlaExtended.com/j3book

On the other, if you are blogging on a physical item or items, your audience will trust your judgment if you offer one for sale. You can make money from here.

You can also sell adverts on your website.

And when people see you as an authority in any field, they tend to come to you for advice, you'll also charge for this.

Bottom Line: You must be very good before people can listen and subsequently buy from you.

Damager:

Thanx, so plzz Hw do I moneytize??
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by Nobody: 5:38pm On Apr 24, 2015
ContentPremise:
It depends on what your blogging field is, if for instance, information is what you are blogging on, then you can package an advanced copy of your subject (information) for sale.

I taught on how to develop a website here on Nairaland https://www.nairaland.com/1485054/joomla-free-training-nairaland-live and then packaged an advanced ebook for the same subject and offered it for sale in one of my websites http://JoomlaExtended.com/j3book

On the other, if you are blogging on a physical item or items, your audience will trust your judgment if you offer one for sale. You can make money from here.

You can also sell adverts on your website.

And when people see you as an authority in any field, they tend to come to you for advice, you'll also charge for this.

Bottom Line: You must be very good before people can listen and subsequently buy from you.

Tnx and can I still get d joomla training?? I said any Idea on Hw to get a forum wif a friendly user interface like nairaland?? tnx 4 listening to me.. I really believe in what I got and uniqueness is not d issue.. just need a user friendly forum wif some simple design
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by ContentPremise: 5:56pm On Apr 24, 2015
Yes and that will be negative for the mean time. There are several factors leading to good SEO. Content, links (in this case dead),

You'll have a whole lot on your hand if those contents also have internal links because your Google Crawl budget will be greatly affected.

Crawl budget is the concept that Google only allocates a certain period of time to crawling a website before it stops the process and moves on to a different site. Google doesn’t want to waste endless time crawling content on the same website, so it makes sense for them to assign a time limit to their web crawls before moving on to another website. Sticking with the idea of crawl budgets, if a website has a high proportion of dead or non-existent links, then those pages will be crawled. The process of crawling these non-existent pages will invariably take up needless amounts of the crawl budget assigned to the site. Because of the time Googlebot spends crawling non-existent pages, your unique URLs may therefore not be discovered as quickly, or crawled as frequently – thus reducing the visibility of the important content on your site. It should therefore come as no surprise that when non-existent pages errors are resolved, the performance of a website in organic search results tends to improve.

Akinsnaira:

What I mean by the redirecting links is that, since I have shared those contents before on social media, so anybody that clicks on those links embedded in my shared contents would rather be taken to another contents existing on my blog since the contents whose those links belong to no longer existent in my blog, you get it? But I am not saying I have created any redirecting links whatsoever on my blog.

What I am asking is that, those irrelevant contents to my niche that I deleted, did they affect my SEO anyway?
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by Maryannlive(f): 6:11pm On Apr 24, 2015
Good article...
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by Nobody: 6:12pm On Apr 24, 2015
Nice one, OP.

Good people, if you are into scary stories, you can check out mine @ http://deathlyscary..com/?m=1
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by ContentPremise: 6:13pm On Apr 24, 2015
Yes can still get the Joomla training, you can follow the tutorial here on Nairaland: https://www.nairaland.com/1485054/joomla-free-training-nairaland-live or grab my eBook at http://JoomlaExtended.com/j3book for just 1k.

Funny enough, at the end of reading the ebook, you would've been able to build a blogging website, see the image below. The ebook was tailored towards building a blog and of cause, you can make other stunning websites from reading the ebook.

Nairaland is a forum and that's different from a blogging site. What exactly do you want? I can then advice you appropriately on what to do.

Thank you.

Damager:

Tnx and can I still get d joomla training?? I said any Idea on Hw to get a forum wif a friendly user interface like nairaland?? tnx 4 listening to me.. I really believe in what I got and uniqueness is not d issue.. just need a user friendly forum wif some simple design

Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by Akinsnaira: 6:24pm On Apr 24, 2015
ContentPremise:
Yes and that will be negative for the mean time. There are several factors leading to good SEO. Content, links (in this case dead),

You'll have a whole lot on your hand if those contents also have internal links because your Google Crawl budget will be greatly affected.

Crawl budget is the concept that Google only allocates a certain period of time to crawling a website before it stops the process and moves on to a different site. Google doesn’t want to waste endless time crawling content on the same website, so it makes sense for them to assign a time limit to their web crawls before moving on to another website. Sticking with the idea of crawl budgets, if a website has a high proportion of dead or non-existent links, then those pages will be crawled. The process of crawling these non-existent pages will invariably take up needless amounts of the crawl budget assigned to the site. Because of the time Googlebot spends crawling non-existent pages, your unique URLs may therefore not be discovered as quickly, or crawled as frequently – thus reducing the visibility of the important content on your site. It should therefore come as no surprise that when non-existent pages errors are resolved, the performance of a website in organic search results tends to improve.

Thanks for your insight. Concerning the internal linking, I have checked all and made sure non of my pages is linking to those contents before I deleted them, but that of backlinks I cannot say since they are coming from another sites.

Please regarding the crawl budget that google assigns to each site, does that mean if I updated my blog with new contents they wouldn't be crawled coz my crawl budget is exhausted?
This is because I do post content regularly on my blog.

And please, how do I resolve those non-existent pages errors?
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by njuwo(m): 6:45pm On Apr 24, 2015
adetona99:

Either Nigeria or usa you can make it big so far that you are offering a good service.

What made me to hate blogging in Nigeria is that 98% of Nigerian bloggers are News caster all what they know is to wind up some false news .

There are some niche that Nigerian can make money at but our eyes are so blind that most of us want to become linda ikeji.

I have to be creative so i shun becoming a news caster and turn into a niche where everyone needs.

It's true o. You have tried o. Do you have adsense on your blog?
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by ContentPremise: 7:05pm On Apr 24, 2015
Let's zero in on this, what platform are you blogging with and what's your web address?

Akinsnaira:

Thanks for your insight. Concerning the internal linking, I have checked all and made sure non of my pages is linking to those contents before I deleted them, but that of backlinks I cannot say since they are coming from another sites.

Please regarding the crawl budget that google assigns to each site, does that mean if I updated my blog with new contents they wouldn't be crawled coz my crawl budget is exhausted?
This is because I do post content regularly on my blog.

And please, how do I resolve those non-existent pages errors?
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by SSAA(m): 7:15pm On Apr 24, 2015
Good day my dear people I joined this forum because of a company that claims to do legitimate business but are extremely fraudulent, the name of the company is Rehoboth-Idealtec-Limited, I will tell you my story shortly. Please beware!!!
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by Akinsnaira: 7:49pm On Apr 24, 2015
ContentPremise:
Let's zero in on this, what platform are you blogging with and what's your web address?

pacespot DOT DOT com

I plan to insert my purchased domain name soon
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by midasbliss(f): 8:14pm On Apr 24, 2015
Merlissa:
Read mine http://inmyownwordsblogdotcom1./
Kai! Aunty Mi, The Url Is Too Long, Plus .com Is Better dan ... u cnt monetize
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by Nobody: 8:15pm On Apr 24, 2015
njuwo:

No i don't use it because am yet to have a custom a domain. Currently am making my money through consultation, freelance and web design
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by Nobody: 8:15pm On Apr 24, 2015
njuwo:

No i don't use it because am yet to have a custom domain. Currently am making my money through consultation, freelance and web design
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by midasbliss(f): 8:25pm On Apr 24, 2015
adetona99:

Do U Plan On Monetizing Ur Blog?
If Yes,
U'd Wana Run From To .com, Or If U Have The Money, Host A Wordpress.org.
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by Nobody: 8:30pm On Apr 24, 2015
midasbliss:

Do U Plan On Monetizing Ur Blog?
If Yes,
U'd Wana Run From To .com, Or If U Have The Money, Host A Wordpress.org.

Hey is it possible to move from to .com. If it's possible please explain.

Thanks
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by midasbliss(f): 8:35pm On Apr 24, 2015
adetona99:

Hey is it possible to move from to .com. If it's possible please explain.

Thanks
you need to start afresh... you will lose ur pageviews
-open a gmail account,
-create ur blog
-backup ur current blog content
-then upload them to the .com blog
I Dunno How Better To Explain This...
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by Nobody: 8:40pm On Apr 24, 2015
midasbliss:

you need to start afresh... you will lose ur pageviews
-open a account,
-create ur blog
-backup ur current blog content
-then upload them to the .com blog
I Dunno How Better To Explain This...

I've google the process to do it but it looks so cumbersome and i just have to host my blog so as to fully monetize my blog. Are you also a blogger please add me on fb for networking sake www.fb.com/adetona.abiodun.35
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by midasbliss(f): 8:56pm On Apr 24, 2015
adetona99:

I've google the process to do it but it looks so cumbersome and i just have to host my blog so as to fully monetize my blog. Are you also a blogger please add me on fb for networking sake www.fb.com/adetona.abiodun.35
Hey Dear, It's Not Cumbersome Seriously... If U Have A Gmail Account, Goto .Com, Sign In Nd It Will Be Easy. The Site Is Understandable...
I Love Blogging Bt I Dnt Do It Often... grin
Sent u a request...
Re: What Makes A Good Blog - 5 Things You Should Know by ifyan(m): 9:04pm On Apr 24, 2015
adetona99:

Though blogging can make you a millionaire in
dollar in the long run but it requires a lot of time
and dedication before you can succeed.
*passion for blogging
*Good writing skill
* consistency
All this can helps you a lot in the long run to become
a great blogger.
Remember it takes not less than 4 month to make
money from your blog , keep doing it and success
will trickle in.
Steve pavlina - [ one of the best blogger in personal
development blogger all over the world] - it took him
almost a year before he can make a penny. You can
check his blog to see how good he is
www.stevepavlina.com
Yaro starak - it took him 18 month
Keep doing it...........

Sir check my signature to confirm how good\bad l am.

I need some guidelines on how to improve my skills.

Though I am not a good writer.

You know. .....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Get Quick Adsense Account Approval / Google To Kill Google Reader / How To Send Free Messages On MTN SIM Networks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.