Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,624 members, 7,827,331 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Guild/caste/associations Do They Still Exist In Yorubaland? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Guild/caste/associations Do They Still Exist In Yorubaland? (612 Views)

7 Amazing Things You Won’t Believe Actually Exist In Nature (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Guild/caste/associations Do They Still Exist In Yorubaland? by KingSango(m): 3:10pm On Apr 24, 2015
Greetings from the U.S.A, I have given quite some thought to how to form an economy based upon public donations. First I had to examine what is the truest meaning of an economy. I have a bright and short definition one that doesn't require expert insight. That is, an economy is the production, distribution and consumption of commodities. Commodities can be anything from cotton, food crop, herbs, metal, fish, wood products, etc. I know from study of organizations that our ancient African ancestors organized, they had their economies based upon guild and caste societies that were linked into family lineage or even clan entities. Such as the Ogun caste were responsible for the moldering of metal, which produced metal tools for farming, weapons and machines. Each Ogun worker his or her family was also in that caste. So fathers taught sons how to form metal, make, build, repair metal tools. I do believe daughters were taught as well because I don't see any reason women can't work with their hands unless women choose not to. It's quite possible Ogun caste also did farming, we know they hunted, but machete was used to chop trees and bush to clear land for farming. What I like the most about this concept is caste were responsible various commodities to where each caste had what the other needed and all were interdependent upon each other. With each guild/caste supporting each other within their caste this provided the growth and improvement in craft that the association needed to reach a very sophisticated state in the quality of their product plus guarantee all economic opportunity within their caste.

I have some visions and ideas on how to incorporate caste societies in a modern way. That's to say that caste/guild societies are ancient because in my humble opinion they were more organized than our work world today. So if there's anyone with experience with associations, caste or guild societies please post your information. If you been in a caste society before that's even better, please describe your experience, pros and cons, etc. If you have some fresh ideas on how to form a caste society that would be nice as well. Please feel free to comment, in regard to economic development of developing nations. Love, Sango.
Re: Guild/caste/associations Do They Still Exist In Yorubaland? by KingSango(m): 6:04pm On May 01, 2015
Well do they still exist? How were economies formed based upon the guild/caste societies?

(1) (Reply)

Free Ict Training / Invest In Kingston Garden Located 3 Mins After La Campagne Tropicana / Get A Loan With No Collateral At 10% Internet Rate!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.