Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,743 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Android Urinating On Apple's Logo - Full Gist + See The Tool That Was Used - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android Urinating On Apple's Logo - Full Gist + See The Tool That Was Used (2545 Views)

Guess Which Phone Was Used To Take This Hot Unfiltered Selfie / The Tool That Could Save You A Bunch Of Money On An Iphone 7 Purchase / Android Bot Is Currently Urinating On Apple's Logo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Android Urinating On Apple's Logo - Full Gist + See The Tool That Was Used by MissTechy(f): 7:36pm On Apr 24, 2015
The image has been taken down - but I was able to save screenshots and get you all the juicy gist.

Now I can't categorically tell you if this was a planned work but MissTechy can tell you the software that was used cheesy

Okay in case you don't understand all my ramblings - lemme break it down - earlier today, I saw a rumor on Cult of Android, and decided to pay a visit to Google map - that was when I discovered something really abnormal - it appeared that Google was taking a diss at Apple - an image of the Android "droid" was seen urinating on the Apple logo

See the screenshot below (Note - this was gotten from Google.com) so no mago mago.

After much inquiry - Google spokesman said the image was created by Google's Map Maker (FYI: A Google Map Maker is an app that lets users update and contribute to its Maps to improve their accuracy).

According to her, Someone used a Google Map Maker to achieve that effect - though I can't "categorically" tell you who did. However, there is a twist to the gist, after using this tool, you must get approval from other Google users before it goes live - more like a crowdsourced platform, so how come nobody raised a red flag when they saw it - I mean it's Google!

Now I got my hands on the tool and I must confess it is quite difficult to use but I was able to draft out MissTechy's initial - see that below (please don't insult me - i know i suck at fine-art X_X)

To use the tool yourself visit - http://www.google.com/mapmaker

At the end of the day, only God knows who created that image that dissed Apple - but I can't wait to see if Apple is going to make a comeback. #FingersCrossed.

BTW - do you believe that Google didn't do this themselves?

As usual store the name MissTechy in your Diary - Eshe :*

1 Like

Re: Android Urinating On Apple's Logo - Full Gist + See The Tool That Was Used by greatmarshall(m): 7:40pm On Apr 24, 2015
Okay
Re: Android Urinating On Apple's Logo - Full Gist + See The Tool That Was Used by Elslim: 7:40pm On Apr 24, 2015
Apple go revenge.. just wait n Cee
Re: Android Urinating On Apple's Logo - Full Gist + See The Tool That Was Used by slimmyjimmy(m): 7:41pm On Apr 24, 2015
Re: Android Urinating On Apple's Logo - Full Gist + See The Tool That Was Used by slimmyjimmy(m): 7:42pm On Apr 24, 2015
Elslim:
how old are you?

2 Likes

Re: Android Urinating On Apple's Logo - Full Gist + See The Tool That Was Used by Whizpeter(m): 9:15pm On Apr 24, 2015
Eyaaaa
Re: Android Urinating On Apple's Logo - Full Gist + See The Tool That Was Used by Nobody: 5:08am On Apr 25, 2015
Funny
Re: Android Urinating On Apple's Logo - Full Gist + See The Tool That Was Used by Shittaakeem(m): 5:49am On Apr 25, 2015
Re: Android Urinating On Apple's Logo - Full Gist + See The Tool That Was Used by NigerianNative: 6:52am On Apr 25, 2015
Tried it too
Re: Android Urinating On Apple's Logo - Full Gist + See The Tool That Was Used by memud001(m): 8:32am On Apr 25, 2015
fingers crossed like d op
Re: Android Urinating On Apple's Logo - Full Gist + See The Tool That Was Used by encryptjay(m): 8:57am On Apr 25, 2015
Counter loading...
Re: Android Urinating On Apple's Logo - Full Gist + See The Tool That Was Used by encryptjay(m): 8:58am On Apr 25, 2015
Android demon of life. @Callydon, what's up?
Re: Android Urinating On Apple's Logo - Full Gist + See The Tool That Was Used by callydon(m): 10:53am On Apr 25, 2015
encryptjay:
Android demon of life. @Callydon, what's up?

I jst dey ooh.
Re: Android Urinating On Apple's Logo - Full Gist + See The Tool That Was Used by Gbraphael: 1:14pm On Apr 25, 2015
Lol, these big companies sometimes can be amusing dealing with a competitor.
Re: Android Urinating On Apple's Logo - Full Gist + See The Tool That Was Used by MissTechy(f): 4:49pm On Apr 25, 2015
Gbraphael:
Lol, these big companies sometimes can be amusing dealing with a competitor.

I swear down
Re: Android Urinating On Apple's Logo - Full Gist + See The Tool That Was Used by SpyLordshrek: 4:53pm On Apr 25, 2015
9ce 1
Re: Android Urinating On Apple's Logo - Full Gist + See The Tool That Was Used by ApexTitan(m): 8:48pm On Apr 25, 2015
MissTechy:

I swear down

You believe that this is the work of Google? Amazing.
Re: Android Urinating On Apple's Logo - Full Gist + See The Tool That Was Used by tomiobj(m): 11:41pm On Apr 25, 2015
Elslim:
apple kor, agbalumo ni
Re: Android Urinating On Apple's Logo - Full Gist + See The Tool That Was Used by MissTechy(f): 1:37pm On Apr 26, 2015
ApexTitan:

You believe that this is the work of Google? Amazing.

Do you trust Google like that?
Re: Android Urinating On Apple's Logo - Full Gist + See The Tool That Was Used by Nobody: 1:40pm On Apr 26, 2015
Misstechy

Nawaoooo

wink
Re: Android Urinating On Apple's Logo - Full Gist + See The Tool That Was Used by MissTechy(f): 1:43pm On Apr 26, 2015
olaxco2f:
Misstechy

Nawaoooo

wink

Lol good cheesy nawaoooo or bad nawaoooo sad
Re: Android Urinating On Apple's Logo - Full Gist + See The Tool That Was Used by ApexTitan(m): 2:05pm On Apr 26, 2015
MissTechy:

Do you trust Google like that?

Yes I trust Google like any corporate entity will not descend to embedding pictures of their icon urinating on a rival's icon in a service it offers to the public. Corporate brand wars have taken on many forms, some more daring than others, but none has gotten to this level of distastefulness. This is clearly the work of an individual working without official backing. If it wasn't the image would not have been taken down.
Re: Android Urinating On Apple's Logo - Full Gist + See The Tool That Was Used by Nobody: 3:04pm On Apr 26, 2015
Errrrm eeerm good one ni nah

E don tey wey I visit ur blog sha!

MissTechy:

Lol good cheesy nawaoooo or bad nawaoooo sad

Check mine self
Re: Android Urinating On Apple's Logo - Full Gist + See The Tool That Was Used by MissTechy(f): 6:33pm On Apr 26, 2015
olaxco2f:
Errrrm eeerm good one ni nah

E don tey wey I visit ur blog sha!

Check mine self

Lol done ....nice

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Reviled Photos Of Iphone 10 To Be Released In 2020 / See How MTN Accidentally Breaches Subscribers Airtime Balance Privacy / This Method Of Recharging Is Better Than Recharging From Your Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.