Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,506 members, 7,823,187 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

Erectile Dysfunction: Causes And Solutions - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Erectile Dysfunction: Causes And Solutions (38727 Views)

Causes and Solutions To Alopacia/Hairloss And Baldness In Men And Women / ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION: Causes And Treatment / See The Rat That Causes Lassa Fever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Erectile Dysfunction: Causes And Solutions by lalasticlala(m): 7:58pm On Apr 24, 2015
[quote]When a man has trouble getting or keeping an erection, he is said to have Erectile Dysfunction (ED) which is a common type of male sexual dysfunction. ED can be a total inability to achieve an erection, an inconsistent ability to do so, or a tendency to sustain only brief erections.
Although ED becomes more common as a man gets older, it’s important to stress that it’s not a natural part of aging. You may have trouble speaking about sex, but if you have ED, you should tell your doctor, because ED can be a sign of health problems.

couple-aProblems getting or keeping an erection are known to be signs of underlying health conditions that need treatment and a risk factor for perhaps a heart disease later on. It may mean your blood vessels are clogged. It may mean you have nerve damage from diabetes.
So if you don’t see your doctor, these problems will go untreated. Having erection trouble from time to time isn’t necessarily a cause for concern. If erectile dysfunction is an ongoing issue, however, it can cause stress, affect a man’s self-confidence and contribute to relationship problems.

If you’re concerned about erectile dysfunction, talk to your doctor —even if you’re embarrassed. Sometimes, treating the underlying condition is enough to reverse erectile dysfunction. In other cases, medications or other direct treatments might be needed. Here are the most common causes of ED.

Depression

The brain is an often-overlooked erogenous zone. Sexual excitement starts in the head and works its way down. Depression can dampens desire and can lead to erectile dysfunction. Ironically, many of the drugs used to treat depression can also suppress sex drive and make it harder to get an erection, and they can cause a delay in orgasm.

Alcohol

Having a few drinks to get in the mood could be okay, but overindulging could make it harder to start or even finish the act. Heavy alcohol use can interfere with erections, but the effects are usually temporary. Moderate drinking—one or two drinks a day—might have health benefits like reducing heart disease risks. Those risks are similar to erectile dysfunction risks.

Medications

The contents of the medicine cabinet could affect performance in the bedroom. A long list of common drugs can cause ED, including certain blood pressure drugs, pain medications, and antidepressants. Street drugs like amphetamines, cocaine, and marijuana can cause sexual problems in men, too.

Stress

It’s not easy to get in the mood when overwhelmed by responsibilities at work and home. Stress can take its toll on many different parts of the body, including the nether region. Dealing with stress by making lifestyle changes that promote well-being and relaxation, such as exercising regularly, getting enough sleep, and seeking professional help when appropriate, really helps.

Anger

Anger can make the blood rush to your face, but not to the one place you need it when you want to have sex. It’s not easy to feel romantic when you’re raging, whether your anger is directed at your partner or not. Unexpressed anger or improperly expressed anger can contribute to performance problems in the bedroom.

Anxiety

Worrying that you won’t be able to perform in the bedroom can make it harder for you to do just that. Anxiety from other parts of life can also spill over into the bedroom. All that worry can make you fear and avoid intimacy, which can spiral into a vicious cycle that puts a big strain on your sex life— and relationship.

Middle-aged spread

Carrying extra kilos can impact sexual performance, and not just by lowering self-esteem. Obese men have lower levels of the male hormone testosterone, which is important for sexual desire and producing an erection. Being overweight is also linked to high blood pressure and hardening of the arteries, which can reduce blood flow to the male sex organ.

Self-image

When you don’t like what you see in the mirror, it’s easy to assume your partner isn’t going to like the view, either. A negative self-image can elicit worry not only about how you look, but also how well you’re going to perform in bed. That performance anxiety can make you too anxious to even attempt sex.

Low libido

Low libido isn’t the same as erectile dysfunction, but a lot of the same factors that stifle an erection can also dampen your interest in sex. Low self-esteem, stress, anxiety, and certain medications can all reduce your sex drive. When all those worries are tied up with making love, your interest in sex can take a nosedive.

General health

Many different health conditions can affect the nerves, muscles, or blood flow that is needed to have an erection. Diabetes, high blood pressure, hardening of the arteries, spinal cord injuries, and multiple sclerosis can contribute to ED. Surgery to treat prostate or bladder problems can also affect the nerves and blood vessels that control an erection.

Solving ED problems

It can be embarrassing to talk to your doctor about your sex life, but it’s the best way to get treated and get back to being intimate with your partner. The doctor can pinpoint the source of the problem and may recommend lifestyle interventions like quitting smoking or losing weight. Other treatment options are ED drugs, hormone treatments, a suction device that helps create an erection, or counselling.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/what-to-do-when-you-have-erectile-dysfunction/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Erectile Dysfunction: Causes And Solutions by Dygeasy(m): 7:59pm On Apr 24, 2015
Every morning when I wake up, I look down and I smile cos I know Erectile Dysfunction ain't my portion.

I'm first to comment. cool
I still dey wait for bank alert sha grin

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Erectile Dysfunction: Causes And Solutions by andersyn: 8:02pm On Apr 24, 2015
Booking without reading. Meanwhile abeg who cook abeg
Re: Erectile Dysfunction: Causes And Solutions by VickJames(m): 8:05pm On Apr 24, 2015
I think this will get to frontpage
Re: Erectile Dysfunction: Causes And Solutions by Mization(m): 8:08pm On Apr 24, 2015
Erectile dysfunction only affects four percent men in their 50s, but nearly 17percent of men in their 60s. Almost half of all men above the age of 75yrs will suffer from ED.

It may be more difficult to get an erection as u age but that dosen't mean you'll develop ED. In general the healthier a man is, the better his sexual function .

Potential causes of ED are:

. Cardiovascular disease
. Diabetes
. Damage from cancer or surgery
.Injuries
. Stress
. Anxiety
. Relationship problems
. Drug use
. Alcohol use
. Smoking.

3 Likes

Re: Erectile Dysfunction: Causes And Solutions by jnrbayano(m): 8:11pm On Apr 24, 2015
VickJames:
I think this will get to frontpage

If it doesn't I will deactivate my account.

1 Like

Re: Erectile Dysfunction: Causes And Solutions by VickJames(m): 8:12pm On Apr 24, 2015
jnrbayano:

If it doesn't I will deactivate my account.

grin

and the church shouts "amen!"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Erectile Dysfunction: Causes And Solutions by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 24, 2015
lala i feel your pain.

buy my instrument enlarger for men @ moderators discounted price of 1350NGN

Female mods arent left out. herbal tighteners @ 2500NGN Per pack

pm for details

2 Likes

Re: Erectile Dysfunction: Causes And Solutions by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 24, 2015
hmmmm
Re: Erectile Dysfunction: Causes And Solutions by kayultimate(m): 8:19pm On Apr 24, 2015
I dey KAMPE!
Re: Erectile Dysfunction: Causes And Solutions by REMMEI(m): 8:19pm On Apr 24, 2015
Buh wait o.... na when I dey vex my dic.k dey always erect and hard seriously..

Abi na cos I be omo'ya alagbo?.. erectile dysfunction o si loro mi.
Re: Erectile Dysfunction: Causes And Solutions by MKO4ever(m): 8:21pm On Apr 24, 2015
I dey come
Re: Erectile Dysfunction: Causes And Solutions by cana882(m): 8:21pm On Apr 24, 2015
do not urinate here

1 Like

Re: Erectile Dysfunction: Causes And Solutions by imsuboi(m): 8:21pm On Apr 24, 2015
undecided
Re: Erectile Dysfunction: Causes And Solutions by Nobody: 8:21pm On Apr 24, 2015
I stopped reading when I saw marijuana as one of the causes of ED.

6 Likes

Re: Erectile Dysfunction: Causes And Solutions by MadCow1: 8:22pm On Apr 24, 2015
OP, did I see you add marijuana as a cause of ED? shocked shocked shocked shocked

You can Lie o!

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Erectile Dysfunction: Causes And Solutions by siegfried99(m): 8:23pm On Apr 24, 2015
Hmm

1 Like

Re: Erectile Dysfunction: Causes And Solutions by thefakestan: 8:23pm On Apr 24, 2015
Elections are over, we must still sell papers.

1 Like

Re: Erectile Dysfunction: Causes And Solutions by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 24, 2015
One of the causes of ED Is wearing of pant.

3 Likes

Re: Erectile Dysfunction: Causes And Solutions by mmsen: 8:24pm On Apr 24, 2015
There are physical causes - high blood pressure related issues.

And mental - anxiety/stress related.

The OP made this post longer than it needed to be.

Eat well, sleep well, exercise and you should have a healthy erection.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Erectile Dysfunction: Causes And Solutions by englishmart(m): 8:24pm On Apr 24, 2015
john thomas no go school na
Re: Erectile Dysfunction: Causes And Solutions by Popemax(m): 8:24pm On Apr 24, 2015
I see some NL girls reading this topic...plz what for if I may ask?is ur guy having problem of erection?

1 Like

Re: Erectile Dysfunction: Causes And Solutions by Suspect33(m): 8:24pm On Apr 24, 2015
Giving Head

of fish to your husband can gve him erectile dyfunction grin

8 Likes

Re: Erectile Dysfunction: Causes And Solutions by Nobody: 8:27pm On Apr 24, 2015
You know the witches in your village are adding your name in place of "GodWin" in Korede's latest song the day that chick who has been playing hard to get for you for years is finally lying naked on your bed and your "kini" refuses to co-operate. embarassed

5 Likes

Re: Erectile Dysfunction: Causes And Solutions by okonja(m): 8:27pm On Apr 24, 2015
You guys booking space are seriously annoying, must you act childish on every thread..mbok.

Anyway, thanks for the info op

1 Like

Re: Erectile Dysfunction: Causes And Solutions by Octaves(m): 8:28pm On Apr 24, 2015
My own dey function properly
Re: Erectile Dysfunction: Causes And Solutions by habeebcole: 8:30pm On Apr 24, 2015
oshomo + ogidiga
Re: Erectile Dysfunction: Causes And Solutions by Aromas: 8:32pm On Apr 24, 2015
andersyn:
Booking without reading. Meanwhile abeg who cook abeg
Con chop o.

1 Like

Re: Erectile Dysfunction: Causes And Solutions by Mandyjosh: 8:33pm On Apr 24, 2015
nice write-up.
Re: Erectile Dysfunction: Causes And Solutions by ignis: 8:36pm On Apr 24, 2015
Nice writeup
Re: Erectile Dysfunction: Causes And Solutions by bunmioguns(m): 8:38pm On Apr 24, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Erectile Dysfunction: Causes And Solutions by pussypounder(m): 8:39pm On Apr 24, 2015
Ok na, would be back soon

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Help Me: How Do I Treat My Pile? / Police Arrest Five Over Coronavirus Hoax In Abuja / Kidnapper Caught In Hospital (Pictures, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.