Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,097 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

‘don’t Consider Yourself Successful Yet’, MI Tells Olamide - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ‘don’t Consider Yourself Successful Yet’, MI Tells Olamide (2499 Views)

Am Not Your Mate Wizkid Tells Olamide On Ig / ‘don’t Consider Yourself Successful Yet’, MI Tells Olamide / “don’t Consider Yourself Successful Yet”, – M.I. To Olamide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘don’t Consider Yourself Successful Yet’, MI Tells Olamide by Yozkid(m): 10:07pm On Apr 24, 2015
During one of the many exciting
sessions at the just concluded Nigerian
Entertainment Conference, Chocolate
City rapper, MI took some time off to
dole out advise to rapper, Olamide.
“What advise do you have for
someone like Olamide, who isn’t
signed to any label but has
continued to remain relevant in the
music scene?”, Osagie Alonge,
moderator of the session had asked
MI and in response, he said,
“If I met Olamide today, I would tell
him not to consider himself as
successful yet. Success takes a long
time. Recently, I discovered First
Bank has been in existence for over
120 years, that is success. Audu
Maikori is about to step down as
CEO of a label after 10 years and
the label will still continue, that is
success.”
‘I would also advise him’, he
continued ‘…to hire people who
have more knowledge than him and
build a structure around them’
The session, Not Dying Soon, had the
rapper deliver an emotional address
about why his Chocolate City label
will not go extinct. It was followed by
a panel session that had him, Seyi
Shay and MD of Megaletrics, Deji
Awokoya answer questions from
Alonge.
Whats your say about what M.I Said?
Your comment.

1 Share

Re: ‘don’t Consider Yourself Successful Yet’, MI Tells Olamide by Blakjewelry(m): 10:13pm On Apr 24, 2015
He is 100% right

5 Likes

Re: ‘don’t Consider Yourself Successful Yet’, MI Tells Olamide by mirexxx(f): 10:14pm On Apr 24, 2015
ghen ghen! TRUE TALK!!

2 Likes

Re: ‘don’t Consider Yourself Successful Yet’, MI Tells Olamide by braine(m): 10:42pm On Apr 24, 2015
Thats true tho. But really, Olamide doesn't have a record label?
Re: ‘don’t Consider Yourself Successful Yet’, MI Tells Olamide by FrenchyL(m): 10:44pm On Apr 24, 2015
MI is spot on. Timely advice because without the proper structures and people around an artist, it would only be a short time before all the riches and fame go down the drain. #Longevity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘don’t Consider Yourself Successful Yet’, MI Tells Olamide by Rapzino: 10:47pm On Apr 24, 2015
Re: ‘don’t Consider Yourself Successful Yet’, MI Tells Olamide by Nobody: 10:47pm On Apr 24, 2015
That's so much true.

1 Like

Re: ‘don’t Consider Yourself Successful Yet’, MI Tells Olamide by Yozkid(m): 10:48pm On Apr 24, 2015
braine:
Thats true tho. But really, Olamide doesn't have a record label?
"Yep
Re: ‘don’t Consider Yourself Successful Yet’, MI Tells Olamide by Nobody: 10:52pm On Apr 24, 2015
Yozkid:

"Yep
But he have his own record label. But when Olamide falls, the record label goes down with him, coz of the people there.. and i think he's falling

1 Like

Re: ‘don’t Consider Yourself Successful Yet’, MI Tells Olamide by enoqueen: 11:17pm On Apr 24, 2015
We don hear.

I go tell am when I see am.
Re: ‘don’t Consider Yourself Successful Yet’, MI Tells Olamide by Penssuwa(m): 11:18pm On Apr 24, 2015
Talking from experience. MI never knew he could fall so badly to the extent of struggling for relevance after becoming the king of Nigerian rap.
Re: ‘don’t Consider Yourself Successful Yet’, MI Tells Olamide by Yasher: 12:10am On Apr 25, 2015
No mind Naija artiste with little knowledge of music management yet all of dem wan float their own label so dat nobody else go taste from their goodiebag.

Some go even sign some-kind one-song underground artistes so dat dem go get "crew"
Re: ‘don’t Consider Yourself Successful Yet’, MI Tells Olamide by Eniqurl(f): 12:24am On Apr 25, 2015
OK
Re: ‘don’t Consider Yourself Successful Yet’, MI Tells Olamide by Melancholy(m): 1:05am On Apr 25, 2015
Lolz.. Its apparent to everyone that olamide is a threat to MI in the industry cos i find it inconceivable for him to make such statement about a young achiever who has remained to be at the apogee of carrier with no change in form of who he is cos last time i checked, MI now raps in pidgin in the act to seduce the street hiphop listeners and as an umpire watching how young acts are getting richer. Atleast if his self acclaimed chairman cant work in this regard, heading the new merging record label is not only probable but imminent. *bad belle is allowed*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘don’t Consider Yourself Successful Yet’, MI Tells Olamide by baslone: 4:35am On Apr 25, 2015
Thugnificient:
But he have his own record label. But when Olamide falls, the record label goes down with him, coz of the people there.. and i think he's falling

Falling off?

At the moment Olamide is the most featured artiste(not rapper) in the Nigerian Music scene.

Last year, management of Eko hotel announced that "Olamide In Concert" is their most sold out concert in 2014, co-incidentally the first show they have ever had without a Sponsor. Likes of d'banj, headies, AY live etc cant even take that gamble. That alone is a good CV- 2015, likes of MTN, GLO etc will come running to jump on the wagon. Bro that is massive!!!

Love him or hate him, the guy seems to be getting it all right.

4 Likes

Re: ‘don’t Consider Yourself Successful Yet’, MI Tells Olamide by SuperSuave(m): 6:09am On Apr 25, 2015
Melancholy:
Lolz.. Its apparent to everyone that olamide is a threat to MI in the industry cos i find it inconceivable for him to make such statement about a young achiever who has remained to be at the apogee of carrier with no change in form of who he is cos last time i checked, MI now raps in pidgin in the act to seduce the street hiphop listeners and as an umpire watching how young acts are getting richer. Atleast if his self acclaimed chairman cant work in this regard, heading the new merging record label is not only probable but imminent. *bad belle is allowed*
best reply

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘don’t Consider Yourself Successful Yet’, MI Tells Olamide by heayey(m): 6:56am On Apr 25, 2015
Fact.............SHORONIYEN
Re: ‘don’t Consider Yourself Successful Yet’, MI Tells Olamide by Nobody: 7:16am On Apr 25, 2015
[quote author=baslone post=33081554]

Falling off?

At the moment Olamide is the most featured artiste(not rapper) in the Nigerian Music scene.

Last year, management of Eko hotel announced that "Olamide In Concert" is their most sold out concert in 2014, co-incidentally the first show they have ever had without a Sponsor. Likes of d'banj, headies, AY live etc cant even take that gamble. That alone is a good CV- 2015, likes of MTN, GLO etc will come running to jump on the wagon. Bro that is massive!! I'm a die hard fan of Olamide and i'v been following him since 2010.. people love him because he makes very good use of literature in yoruba and his lyrics and rap lines makes you wanna update it as your status.. but i think all those thing are washing away coz he don't make alot of effort like he used you..

2 Likes

Re: ‘don’t Consider Yourself Successful Yet’, MI Tells Olamide by Nimblemind(m): 7:59am On Apr 25, 2015
And very soon, some e-diots who don't understand this will come here to start bashing and making unnecessary comparisms!
Re: ‘don’t Consider Yourself Successful Yet’, MI Tells Olamide by baslone: 8:00am On Apr 25, 2015
[quote author=Thugnificient post=33083168][/quote]

Change is the only constant thing in life.

Jay can't rap about drive bys on New York streets no more he is no more living the life.

Olamide has upgraded.
Re: ‘don’t Consider Yourself Successful Yet’, MI Tells Olamide by Nobody: 8:03am On Apr 25, 2015
baslone:

Change is the only constant thing in life.

Jay can't rap about drive bys on New York streets no more he is no more living the life.

Olamide has upgraded.
yes, financially upgraded.. musically degraded.. i'm not interested in his money but his music.

1 Like

Re: ‘don’t Consider Yourself Successful Yet’, MI Tells Olamide by Nobody: 8:13am On Apr 25, 2015
Words of wisdom right there.
Re: ‘don’t Consider Yourself Successful Yet’, MI Tells Olamide by baslone: 8:48am On Apr 25, 2015
Thugnificient:
yes, financially upgraded.. musically degraded.. i'm not interested in his money but his music.

Face of music business worldwide is beyond what comes out of the speakers.

It comes in stages- i.e recording, producing, promoting, delivering and monetizing.

Just like M.I(making more money at the moment but his music is just "there" ), I believe he is on that last level which requires management and business skills.

A lot of people don't make it this far, ask Mode9.

You need to give it to him
Re: ‘don’t Consider Yourself Successful Yet’, MI Tells Olamide by Nobody: 9:38am On Apr 25, 2015
baslone:

Face of music business worldwide is beyond what comes out of the speakers.

It comes in stages- i.e recording, producing, promoting, delivering and monetizing.

Just like M.I(making more money at the moment but his music is just "there" ), I believe he is on that last level which requires management and business skills.

A lot of people don't make it this far, ask Mode9.

You need to give it to him
well, i agree.. that's how it goes in Nigeria, Africa.

1 Like

Re: ‘don’t Consider Yourself Successful Yet’, MI Tells Olamide by Yozkid(m): 12:02am On Apr 26, 2015
enoqueen:
We don hear.

I go tell am when I see am.
lol, do u live in the sqme house?
Re: ‘don’t Consider Yourself Successful Yet’, MI Tells Olamide by Yozkid(m): 12:09am On Apr 26, 2015
Nimblemind:
And very soon, some e-diots who don't understand this will come here to start bashing and making unnecessary comparisms!
Bro.. u dey vex gan ooooo
Re: ‘don’t Consider Yourself Successful Yet’, MI Tells Olamide by fimjoj: 12:17am On Apr 26, 2015
true talk bt he may be misquoted

(1) (Reply)

Tee Blliz – I Love My Wife (tiwa Savage), My Account Was Hacked!!! / Alaafin Of Oyo Refuses To Shake Hands With Aisha Buhari,Nigerians React(Photos) / Husband Twerks For His Bride On His Wedding Day (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.