Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / . (1001 Views)

PHOTOS- Founder Of Celica Church Of Christ / Experiences On A God-centered Romantic Relationship / Is Confrontation A Healthy Part Of A Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by SunshineNYC(f): 6:06pm On Apr 25, 2015
Re: . by write2obi(m): 6:19pm On Apr 25, 2015
Am just here to learn.
Re: . by AK6464(m): 6:27pm On Apr 25, 2015
If you want help desperately enough you will see God, be more involved in church activities. drop wrong company. God see you through,
Re: . by kay1one2(m): 6:33pm On Apr 25, 2015
No battle is won on wishes. Fight the good fight of faith. Salvation has already implanted in you a victorious spirit. Now the battle lies in living that victory out.
Besides an attempt at holiness is better than an outright embrace of immortality. And there are few perfect men accept the one who would accept you the way God sees you. Saved and transformed!
Re: . by Emteebee(m): 6:37pm On Apr 25, 2015
Do away with religion. It's rubbish. Life is short. Enjoy it to the fullest instead of limiting yourself to some bullshit laws by some man-god
Re: . by SunshineNYC(f): 7:01pm On Apr 25, 2015
AK6464:
If you want help desperately enough you will see God, be more involved in church activities. drop wrong company. God see you through,

I agree. I do need to get more involved at my church. I live in New York and honestly not a lot of young people these days have a desire for God and living a Christ centered life. I say that to say, they're aren't a lot of young people at my church so most of my interactions are with much older people and sometimes they are hard to relate to.
Re: . by SunshineNYC(f): 7:08pm On Apr 25, 2015
kay1one2:
No battle is won on wishes. Fight the good fight of faith. Salvation has already implanted in you a victorious spirit. Now the battle lies in living that victory out.
Besides an attempt at holiness is better than an outright embrace of immortality. And there are few perfect men accept the one who would accept you the way God sees you. Saved and transformed!

Thank you so much for your encouraging words. I appreciate it. I do agree with you and I plan to be a lot more intentional about living right and doing what's right even when it gets difficult. I will "fight the good fight of faith" because faith and a strong will get me through this.

1 Like

Re: . by SunshineNYC(f): 7:15pm On Apr 25, 2015
Emteebee:
Do away with religion. It's rubbish. Life is short. Enjoy it to the fullest instead of limiting yourself to some bullshit laws by some man-god

I don't consider myself religious. I don't blindly follow prescribed rules, instead I have a close and personal relationship with Christ and won't trade that for anyone or anything. I've been a part of this world long enough to know what works and what doesn't. Thank you for your response.

2 Likes

Re: . by Sanchez01: 9:18pm On Apr 25, 2015
Nothing seems to be new here, judging by your post. I'd recommend that you make a resolve within your heart. Sometimes, we may claim we're tired of our old ways but may never be ready to forsake them. Indulge your mind with The Word; study more, listen to Christian Messages and heart lifting songs. Since you're in the US, I'd recommend you listen to sermons from Kenneth E.Hagin (late) and Dr. Myles Munroe (late). Try reading "The Glory of Living" by the latter and be mindful of being alone for now. I pray you find strength.
Re: . by cold(m): 10:15pm On Apr 25, 2015
God can't be bothered really,if anything,he enjoys it. How do you think Mary got pregnant. If you must stop,do it for yourself

Re: . by Aizenosa(m): 11:46am On Apr 26, 2015
SunshineNYC:
I'm Christian. I've been saved since I was 10 years old but I haven't always lived right. Now that I'm in my mid 20's I've made a decision to be celibate until marriage. I want God's best for me and doing things my way has been more harmful than God. I've been diligent, cut off a relationship I was in that was not pleasing to God and I stopped dating but I struggle with masturbation. Praying and reading the bible does not make the urge miraculously disappear.

Am I ruining my chances at a healthy, Godly marriage by falling into this kind of temptation? I do try really hard but because I've already exposed myself to the pleasures of sex, going backwards is very difficult so I resort to self pleasing. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

It's very easy to conquer self service if u willing, and it's called chastising the mind, its not fighting temptation but overcoming temptation, d devil is d father of lies so when he brings up d thought why not change your attention to something else if u try to fight with him man u will only give in so instead chop off d roots by changing ur minds attention and in no time u will have victory
Re: . by Orunto: 3:54pm On Apr 26, 2015
God loves you, that is why you have not suffered for your wasteful escapades. Double your Prayers and you'll be blessed.

(1) (Reply)

Photo. Wow! See A Post From A Malawian Pastor / Breaking News...717 Killed Again... / Parents, Here Is Another Scheme Aimed At Your Children!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.