Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Help A Fellow Nairalander Think. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Help A Fellow Nairalander Think. (839 Views)

Fellow nairalander's Please Let's Share Our 1st,Current Or Final CGPA/GP. / O.A.U Students/staff Please, Help A Fellow Nairalander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help A Fellow Nairalander Think. by Nobody: 10:57pm On Apr 25, 2015
This is my first Topic here on Nairaland. Am here today to seek your advices. I graduated from the University last year, studied Mathematics Education. Am thinking of furthering my education by going for a masters degree programme.

Today I discovered that there's something called professional masters and another called Academic masters. I sincerely need to do something that will help me build myself and at the same time give me more job opportunities.

Would love to study an Economics Related course, since it's all I have always wanted, just don't know how to go about it. Will I need a P.GD since I will b switching from another faculty entirely. And which masters programme would u advice for me?

I need ur good advices please.
Re: Help A Fellow Nairalander Think. by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 28, 2015
Since you're trying to switch, I think a PGD is most appropriate programme for you. As regards the difference between Professional and Academic Masters, professional is for people that are already working in industries that has relevant connection with the study programme (it is actually trimmed to meet particular needs that are industry based, it is more or less like a research masters). Academic Masters is the common Coursework masters or classroom based masters.
With regards to choosing the right Masters prog, try using Google. I would have loved to help but ain't familiar with your First degree.
Re: Help A Fellow Nairalander Think. by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 29, 2015
goldfings:
Since you're trying to switch, I think a PGD is most appropriate programme for you. As regards the difference between Professional and Academic Masters, professional is for people that are already working in industries that has relevant connection with the study programme (it is actually trimmed to meet particular needs that are industry based, it is more or less like a research masters). Academic Masters is the common Coursework masters or classroom based masters.
With regards to choosing the right Masters prog, try using Google. I would have loved to help but ain't familiar with your First degree.
Thank you so much.
Re: Help A Fellow Nairalander Think. by emmdam(m): 7:36pm On May 20, 2015
ogorkojo:
This is my first Topic here on Nairaland. Am here today to seek your advices. I graduated from the University last year, studied Mathematics Education. Am thinking of furthering my education by going for a masters degree programme.

Today I discovered that there's something called professional masters and another called Academic masters. I sincerely need to do something that will help me build myself and at the same time give me more job opportunities.

Would love to study an Economics Related course, since it's all I have always wanted, just don't know how to go about it. Will I need a P.GD since I will b switching from another faculty entirely. And which masters programme would u advice for me?

I need ur good advices please.
You mentioned that you have an interest in diverting to Economics related course for your MSc Programme. I don't think any Nigerian University will admit you to study MSc. Economics due to the fact that you have a different background as your first degree programme(Mathematics Education). Have you heard of MBA(Masters of Business Administration) Programme before? Well, you can do more research on that if you gat no idea. If you gat a strong passion for Economics(not secondary school type.....lol.....then you can go for an MBA Programme because it have more value and similar to MSc. Economics or MSc. Business Management. As long you graduated with a CGPA of 3.00 and above you can enroll for the programme in any University of your choice within or outside Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Federal Polytechnic Offa 2015/2016ND/HND/PREND / Laspotech Post Utme 2015: Why The Right Time To Prepare Is Now! (past Question) / Your Style Of Carrying Ur School Bag Was?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.