Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Plz Pals,kindly Advise Me On This Plz.. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Plz Pals,kindly Advise Me On This Plz.. (723 Views)

I Received Dis Message,how True Is This Plz / Got Invited For An Interview, Please Help Me Out Pals.. / #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plz Pals,kindly Advise Me On This Plz.. by donald1010(m): 11:23pm On Apr 25, 2015
Plz my peepz, I need ur urgent advice plz.

I'm currently working as a personal assistant to a female boss and also as a sales supervisor at her company. Though the pay isn't that much,
But I usually have an opportunity to attend other interviews. I actually attended one this week Monday,after the interview, the MD said to us that he will only call the shortlisted candidate..
And behold,I just got a call from him tonight congratulating me and asked me to see him for talks....his pay is 10k higher than my current work placement. But the woman I'm currently working with (my boss) is a nice woman and even making some plans for me for next month....
Plz what do I do?
Re: Plz Pals,kindly Advise Me On This Plz.. by Venom104: 11:27pm On Apr 25, 2015
donald1010:
Plz my peepz, I need ur urgent advice plz.

I'm currently working as a personal assistant to a female boss and also as a sales supervisor at her company. Though the pay isn't that much,
But I usually have an opportunity to attend other interviews. I actually attended one this week Monday,after the interview, the MD said to us that he will only call the shortlisted candidate..
And behold,I just got a call from him tonight congratulating me and asked me to see him for talks....his pay is 10k higher than my current work placement. But the woman I'm currently working with (my boss) is a nice woman and even making some plans for me for next month....
Plz what do I do?

Tell her about it if you are important to her enough she might match the offer... does the other job set you on a defined career part? i dont think you want to be a personal assistant all your life.. except na politician she be
Re: Plz Pals,kindly Advise Me On This Plz.. by Makamuanwuo(m): 11:36pm On Apr 25, 2015
10k is not much,conside d distance and hw u make expenses btw d 2...if ur boss is planning sumtin big 4 u,u beta stick on ur current job.

1 Like

Re: Plz Pals,kindly Advise Me On This Plz.. by donald1010(m): 11:58pm On Apr 25, 2015
Is also same amt I spend on transports...sorry,its actually 15k not 10k different...
Re: Plz Pals,kindly Advise Me On This Plz.. by Ben1975(m): 12:32am On Apr 26, 2015
You must thing about your future and think logically not emotionally

What position is going to give you the best leverage to progress in your career and in life?

Will the new company allow you to rise to the top?
Can your old employer match the offer?
What new skills will you develop in the months and years to come with each company?

Way up these options then make a logical, not emotional decision

Also you are as good as what you know, so invest a little in upgrading your own skills, you will then discover that people will be happy to pay you much more

Just one extra thought: what ever your role is in both of these company its a proven fact that the most indispensable people are those who can successfully bring the company continuous sales and clients so you may want to consider upgrading your ability to canvass for clients, be a great customer service representative and to sell (not to mention ad copy) no matter what company you work for.

Ben Ajose

1 Like

Re: Plz Pals,kindly Advise Me On This Plz.. by ITbomb(m): 1:20am On Apr 26, 2015
If you can survive with whatever the woman is paying you, I would say stay in your present job.
Loyalty built with a nice person is better than the promises of heaven in an unknown environment.

Unless the money no good at all

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Job In A Confectionery And Chewing Gum Manufacturing Company / Urgent: Plz Does Anyone Know BLUE SH In Ibadan / Vacancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.