Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

HONDA EOD Showing Key Maintenance Required On The Dash Board - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / HONDA EOD Showing Key Maintenance Required On The Dash Board (2252 Views)

How Can I Remove Maintenance Required "MAINT REQUIRED" / What Does This Sign Mean On The Dash Board?? / Whats Does This Sign Mean In Dash Board?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HONDA EOD Showing Key Maintenance Required On The Dash Board by Bossken(m): 4:55pm On Apr 27, 2015
Hi guys,

My Honday EOD is showing key maintenance required on the dash board and it does hard start.
What could be wrong?
Pls ur candid advise. no insults
Re: HONDA EOD Showing Key Maintenance Required On The Dash Board by adanny01(m): 7:09pm On Apr 27, 2015
Bossken:
Hi guys,

My Honday EOD is showing key maintenance required on the dash board and it does hard start.
What could be wrong?

They are not related to each other. The key is related to your immobilizer while the maintance required is what it says it is.

The key should normally come on go off when you turn ignition to on (II) and will flash 5x if you return to position I.

The maintenance required is a counter that helps you count when next your engine oil change is due. It counts mileage and i think 7500miles or so. It will flash a couple of times when key is turned to position II. By 10,000miles it comes on steady. To reset, press and hold the instrument panel control knob then turn ignition to position II while holding the knob for atleast 10secs.

3 Likes

Re: HONDA EOD Showing Key Maintenance Required On The Dash Board by luvinhubby(m): 9:33pm On Apr 27, 2015
Your ignition key is loading for a showdown soonest (pray it does not happen for road).
May need to re-programme the ignition.
Re: HONDA EOD Showing Key Maintenance Required On The Dash Board by DECOtech(m): 12:50am On Apr 28, 2015
Call 08030938491
Re: HONDA EOD Showing Key Maintenance Required On The Dash Board by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:40am On Apr 28, 2015
Bossken:
Hi guys,

What could be wrong?

What is EOD? Be specific pls.
Re: HONDA EOD Showing Key Maintenance Required On The Dash Board by Readonee35L(m): 11:49am On Apr 28, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

What is EOD? Be specific pls.
End of discussion
Re: HONDA EOD Showing Key Maintenance Required On The Dash Board by Hormorthorshor(m): 7:15pm On Jun 20, 2023
adanny01:

They are not related to each other. The key is related to your immobilizer while the maintance required is what it says it is.

The key should normally come on go off when you turn ignition to on (II) and will flash 5x if you return to position I.

The maintenance required is a counter that helps you count when next your engine oil change is due. It counts mileage and i think 7500miles or so. It will flash a couple of times when key is turned to position II. By 10,000miles it comes on steady. To reset, press and hold the instrument panel control knob then turn ignition to position II while holding the knob for atleast 10secs.

I love forums. Despite long years of discussion. This is very helpful to me now..... I almost became stranded..... My car keeps turning off while maintenance light is on and it's not long I Serviced.

Thanks Boss

(1) (Reply)

Problem With Honda Pilot 2004 / Exotic Official Cars Of Buhari, Jonathan, Trump And Other World Leaders / What Is The Ugliest Car You've Ever Seen?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.