Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,161 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:59 AM

Why Should The FGN Want To Interfere In FTA With Obnoxious 'licensing'? - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Why Should The FGN Want To Interfere In FTA With Obnoxious 'licensing'? (580 Views)

Fta Channels On My Lg Led Tv / FTA Whatsap Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Should The FGN Want To Interfere In FTA With Obnoxious 'licensing'? by omaolowo(m): 8:24pm On Apr 27, 2015
http://nextvame.com/free-to-air-2/nbc-commences-issuing-licence-to-free-view-tv-channels/?utm_campaign=NexTV+Latam+daily+Newsletter&utm_content=NBC+commences+issuing+licence+to+free+view+TV+%28nextvame%29&utm_medium=email&utm_source=getresponse

Free To Air / NBC Commences Issuing Licence To Free View TV Channels

NBC Commences Issuing Licence To Free View TV Channels

By Debarati Das
April 27, 2015

Nigerian Broadcasting regulator, National Broadcasting Commission, has sought applications from interested service providers who intent to operate Freeview Digital Television Channel.

NBC has thus kicked off the process of issuing licences for Freeview digital television channels.

At present, NBC will award provisional licences. NBC has emphasised that channels have to abide by Nigerian broadcasting code to bag the licence.

“In keeping with the Commission’s laid down procedure, successful applicants shall be invited to formally apply for licences to provide channel content in accordance with the National Broadcasting Act, the Nigeria Broadcasting Code and the Digital Terrestrial Television Regulations", said Awwalu Salihu, Director of Public Affairs with NBC.
Re: Why Should The FGN Want To Interfere In FTA With Obnoxious 'licensing'? by satelliteDISH(m): 10:24pm On Apr 27, 2015
Am sure the government just want to generate revenue. although, i dont see anyone picking d forms. nobody want to transmit tv signals for free.
Re: Why Should The FGN Want To Interfere In FTA With Obnoxious 'licensing'? by showafrica(m): 4:22pm On Apr 29, 2015
If I have the money I will pick the form...there are many interesting programs to broadcast and generate revenue by advertising. Our local tv programs are boring already, they should be able to spice it up.

(1) (Reply)

2019 Android Tv Box Vs Mobile Tv In The Light Of Iptv (full Details) / Android Box Mxiii 4k Box For Sale 2gb Ram 8gb Rom@ 12k / Must I Hire An Installer For My Dstv?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.