Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Death Row Inmate Requests A Live ‘kitten’ As Last Meal - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Death Row Inmate Requests A Live ‘kitten’ As Last Meal (1850 Views)

DSS Recaptures Nollywood Actress On Death Row Who Escaped From Prison / Death Row Inmate Requests A Live ‘kitten’ As Last Meal / Death Row Inmate Requests A Live ‘kitten’ As Last Meal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Death Row Inmate Requests A Live ‘kitten’ As Last Meal by GODSS: 12:12am On Apr 28, 2015
Serial husband killer and North Carolina death row inmate, Blanche Taylor Moore, requested this weekend that her last meal be a kitten — a live kitten.
The prison administration is required to accept all last meal demands of any kind. Thus, they will obtain a kitten from a local animal shelter or pet shop.
A prison official with the North Carolina Department of Corrections said Moore used to eat kittens as a girl and wants to eat one last kitty before she is executed.
Moore will be allowed to kill the kitten herself and

read more http://www.newsgoogle.net/2015/04/death-row-inmate-requests-live-kitten.html

1 Share

Re: Death Row Inmate Requests A Live ‘kitten’ As Last Meal by Extom(m): 1:35am On Apr 28, 2015
She even looks like a cat. angry

5 Likes

Re: Death Row Inmate Requests A Live ‘kitten’ As Last Meal by sinaj(f): 1:58am On Apr 28, 2015
lukz scary

*runs outta thread*
Re: Death Row Inmate Requests A Live ‘kitten’ As Last Meal by faray: 3:23am On Apr 28, 2015
ewo o! she wan use am do juju to disappear abi
Re: Death Row Inmate Requests A Live ‘kitten’ As Last Meal by Uniquexty(f): 8:18am On Apr 28, 2015
Extom:
She even looks like a cat. angry
Exactly
Re: Death Row Inmate Requests A Live ‘kitten’ As Last Meal by Yasher: 11:40am On Apr 28, 2015
Sick embarassed but I sure would like to see her eat a live kitten. Hope someone will videotape it
Re: Death Row Inmate Requests A Live ‘kitten’ As Last Meal by GODSS: 9:19pm On Apr 28, 2015
Yasher:
Sick embarassed but I sure would like to see her eat a live kitten. Hope someone will videotape it
LOL
Re: Death Row Inmate Requests A Live ‘kitten’ As Last Meal by MizMyColi(f): 12:44am On May 25, 2015
angry
Gross
Re: Death Row Inmate Requests A Live ‘kitten’ As Last Meal by Truckpusher(m): 1:16am On May 25, 2015
MizMyColi:
angry
Gross
She is sending a message to the authorities that even in death row I will take a life and break one of your laws.

She is clearly psychopathic I swear - it's high time to revisit death rows last meal request , before some psycho would request for the impossible and marched to court that she or he can't be hanged without having the last meal. grin

Trust oyibo to listen to the sick fellow....white people have lost it , but unfortunately we are following them bumper to bumper.
Re: Death Row Inmate Requests A Live ‘kitten’ As Last Meal by Truckpusher(m): 1:18am On May 25, 2015
Yasher:
You share some traits similar to her own.

Which normal human being would want to witness such a gruesome scene, unless You share the same fantasy !

1 Like

Re: Death Row Inmate Requests A Live ‘kitten’ As Last Meal by Nobody: 5:39am On May 25, 2015
She was misunderstood, she said she wanted to eat a puccy for her last meal angry grin

Surely, no one thinks she got her wish even if the story was true - and these stories are never true.
Re: Death Row Inmate Requests A Live ‘kitten’ As Last Meal by MizMyColi(f): 5:48am On May 25, 2015
Truckpusher:
She is sending a message to the authorities that even in death row I will take a life and break one of your laws.

She is clearly psychopathic I swear - it's high time to revisit death rows last meal request , before some psycho would request for the impossible and marched to court that she or he can't be hanged without having the last meal. grin

Trust oyibo to listen to the sick fellow....white people have lost it , but unfortunately we are following them bumper to bumper.

It's sickening I tell you.
So what if she'd asked for a human being?grin

Yes, you're right, if Oyinbo man hasn't done it then we shouldn't.
We really need to start getting rid of certain mentalities if we will move forward as a Nation.
Re: Death Row Inmate Requests A Live ‘kitten’ As Last Meal by UnknownT: 7:55am On May 25, 2015
Make dem give am kitten wey get terminal disease
Re: Death Row Inmate Requests A Live ‘kitten’ As Last Meal by Truckpusher(m): 8:21am On May 25, 2015
MizMyColi:

It's sickening I tell you.
So what if she'd asked for a human being?grin

Yes, you're right, if Oyinbo man hasn't done it then we shouldn't.
We really need to start getting rid of certain mentalities if we will move forward as a Nation.
Lmao @ asking for human being.
That was why I said what if these sick fellows asks for the impossible before facing their sentence? grin

As long as we are stuck with democracy which is a major conveyor for capitalism,my dear I'm afraid it can only get worse until Africa itself experiences their own reniassance, self consciousness and a huge economic awakening.

Though awakening of this nature doesn't come around until the people must have gone through a catastrophic event that threatened their very existence.

1 Like

Re: Death Row Inmate Requests A Live ‘kitten’ As Last Meal by MizMyColi(f): 8:39am On May 25, 2015
Truckpusher:
Lmao @ asking for human being.
That was why I said what if these sick fellows asks for the impossible before facing their sentence? grin

As long as we are stuck with democracy which is a major conveyor for capitalism,my dear I'm afraid it can only get worse until Africa itself experiences their own reniassance, self consciousness and a huge economic awakening.

Though awakening of this nature doesn't come around until the people must have gone through a catastrophic event that threatened their very existence.

The question now is, how much are we willing to sacrifice, are we even willing to sacrifice anything at all?

I'm ashamed to say that corruption has become a norm.
And any attempt to REALLY change this status quo'll be met with very derisive and staunch resistance from all quarters.

Look at the impunity with which a tiny spec in the dust, when compared to the Nigerian populace, has so far so ill, held this nation to ransom.
Just look!

And then one of them receives an angelic visitation from Jah Jehovah and just because he's neither a south-westerner nor northerner....a motive has been attached to his patriotic gesture.

That said, I will continue to hope against hope that one day, we will finally start getting these things right.
Re: Death Row Inmate Requests A Live ‘kitten’ As Last Meal by Truckpusher(m): 10:08am On May 25, 2015
MizMyColi:

The question now is, how much are we willing to sacrifice, are we even willing to sacrifice anything at all?

I'm ashamed to say that corruption has become a norm.
And any attempt to REALLY change this status quo'll be met with very derisive and staunch resistance from all quarters.

Look at the impunity with which a tiny spec in the dust, when compared to the Nigerian populace, has so far so ill, held this nation to ransom.
Just look!

And then one of them receives an angelic visitation from Jah Jehovah and just because he's neither a south-westerner nor northerner....a motive has been attached to his patriotic gesture.

That said, I will continue to hope against hope that one day, we will finally start getting these things right.
Corrutpion is a hydra head problem in Nigeria that can't be solved by wishful thinking or banking on the conscience of the people as everyone of us is a part and parcel of the same system .

We need to start being innovative by introducing a better way of running a system that ensures that one agency and individuals acts as a watchdog over another and of course whistle blowers need to be encouraged and their identity concealed from the general public as well as remove all the immunity clause for active office holders with a proper way of accountability to the anti graft agencies.

If need be that we should become a police state to achieve these things, so be it.

What I'm saying is that every penny spent by an individual that is far way above his or her pay package should be properly scrutinized by any state or federal anti graft agencies to ascertain that such monies where actually worked for.And individuals can report their spouses ,fathers ,sons,daughters et al but you can only achieve this if we use modern technological advanced system and a controlled system to police the police first, watch the judges and of course our constitution should be revisited let it highlight the yearnings and aspirations of the people . But guess what ? Some quarters of this country would rather cling to the old constitution which has given them an upper hand in the socio-economic political stage of this country ,hence we are stuck with an old wound whose only cure is amputation.If we don't give corruption the necessary attention it deserves because of some political landscape and a shift in economic paradigm that might change due to restructuring we will face a greater upheaval in the nearest future as a nation.
The people that are holding Nigeria to ransom because of their myopic regional interests know themselves and it is in their own best interest to do what is right before it will be too late for everyone of us.Our current structure and constitution supports and encourages corruption.After all the community goat is no man's goat. We need to have a sense of belonging and take ownership else we can't achieve this under this unitary system of Governance that is fraudulent in nature.

1 Like

Re: Death Row Inmate Requests A Live ‘kitten’ As Last Meal by MizMyColi(f): 10:35am On May 25, 2015
Truckpusher:
Corrutpion is a hydra head problem in Nigeria that can't be solved by wishful thinking or banking on the conscience of the people as everyone of us is a part and parcel of the same system .

I share this sentiment too.

We need to start being innovative by introducing a better way of running a system that ensures that one agency and individuals acts as a watchdog over another and of course whistle blowers need to be encouraged and their identity concealed from the general public as well as remove all the immunity clause for active office holders with a proper way of accountability to the anti graft agencies.

If need be that we should become a police state to achieve these things, so be it.

This is exactly what most of us would resist.
We are not ready, and we will continue to hide under the cloak of democracy.
When any slight shift occurs as it pertains following the rule of law, folks are quick to cry blue murder and insist that someone somewhere is trying to truncate our democracy.
What they're inadvertently saying is that someone is trying to shut down the hydra headed monster system called corruption and as far as they are concerned, it spells doom!

What I'm saying is that every penny spent by an individual that is far way above his or her pay package should be properly scrutinized by any state or federal anti graft agencies to ascertain that such monies where actually worked for.And individuals can report their spouses ,fathers ,sons,daughters et al but you can only achieve this if we use modern technological advanced system and a controlled system to police the police first, watch the judges and of course our constitution should be revisited let it highlight the yearnings and aspirations of the people . But guess what ? Some quarters of this country would rather cling to the old constitution which has given them an upper hand in the socio-economic political stage of this country ,hence we are stuck with an old wound whose only cure is amputation. If we don't give corruption the necessary attention it deserves because of some political landscape and a shift in economic paradigm that might change due to restructuring we will face a greater upheaval in the nearest future as a nation.
The people that are holding Nigeria to ransom because of their myopic regional interests know themselves and it is in their own best interest to do what is right before it will be too late for everyone of us.Our current structure and constitution supports and encourages corruption. After all the community goat is no man's goat. We need to have a sense of belonging and take ownership else we can't achieve this under this unitary system of Governance that is fraudulent in nature.

This is where the issue of referendum comes in.

On the points you stated above, I believe there are certain men in this country who have vowed to see this kind of change happen over their dead bodies, I do not wish anyone ill, but if that's what it will take, then SO BE IT, and FAST TOO!

Someone opined and I lean towards that argument that federalism in Nigeria is a fraud.
Except of course, the past is re-visited and certain issues corrected via our constitution.
The parlance, "monkey dey work, baboon dey chop, comes to mind".

Now that I look at this entity called Nigeria, I shudder to think that we've mostly been under the whims and caprices of the colonial wolves and a few greedy locales who deemed it fit, for their own purpose to amalgamate us....
No wonder the President-Elect visited the UK a few days back and from his body language, one can conclude that Nigeria has always been under the posture of subservience to the UK, fifty five years after independenceundecided
I learned we were doing just fine under the regional system of government.

I have always been a proponent of One Nigeria....but enough of the wishful and lullabic thinking, if they will not accede to our call for a revisit to that tool of oppression called constitution, then it's high time we started thinking of going back and proactively so, to the era of regionalism.

Waow!
Thanks for this schooling.
smiley
Re: Death Row Inmate Requests A Live ‘kitten’ As Last Meal by kaboninc(m): 12:35pm On May 25, 2015
Mizmycoli......

I hope you are still on track with these statements:

Someone opined and I lean towards that argument that federalism in Nigeria is a fraud.

I have always been a proponent of One Nigeria....but enough of the wishful and lullabic thinking, if they will not accede to our call for a revisit to that tool of oppression called constitution, then it's high time we started thinking of going back and proactively so, to the era of regionalism.
Re: Death Row Inmate Requests A Live ‘kitten’ As Last Meal by MizMyColi(f): 1:15pm On May 25, 2015
kaboninc:
Mizmycoli......

I hope you are still on track with these statements:

Lols
Let's say I'm notgrin

School me na.
Re: Death Row Inmate Requests A Live ‘kitten’ As Last Meal by kaboninc(m): 1:47pm On May 25, 2015
MizMyColi:

Lols
Let's say I'm notgrin

School me na.

Hmmm, am still learning too smiley

Why would you lean towards an argument that federalism is a fraud in Nigeria?
Re: Death Row Inmate Requests A Live ‘kitten’ As Last Meal by MizMyColi(f): 2:27pm On May 25, 2015
kaboninc:

Hmmm, am still learning too smiley

Why would you lean towards an argument that federalism is a fraud in Nigeria?

Hehehehe
I don't know much on the subject either, but hey, I was talking with Truckie....even if I goof, I knew he'd correct me without taking my head to the cleaners.gringrin

To your question...

My problem with federalism is not with the system itself but with those who manage this system.
Other parts of the world either practice this system of governance or a unitary government.
Here in Nigeria, it has been marred with imbalance, instability, conflicts and divisiveness.

It feels like a particular section feeds off of this nations's collective wealth while a certain other is marginalized.

Even among our ruling class, there is division and insincerity of purpose.

If Nigeria will remain a federation, the need and cries to create a balance of sorts as far as the many interests of this nation is concerned, will always be there.

I mentioned the constitution because I feel it favours a certain section of the Nigerian populace more.
Let there be a free and fair federal constitutional modus vivendi whereby the true representatives of the Nigerian people are wholly involved.

We don't want the same set of people who keep recycling and reinventing themselves through their puppets.

Give us genuine democracy, or like Truckie suggested, a true Police statesmiley
Re: Death Row Inmate Requests A Live ‘kitten’ As Last Meal by asumo12: 2:44pm On May 25, 2015
whos more scary? the cat or tha Cat?

undecided undecided undecided
Re: Death Row Inmate Requests A Live ‘kitten’ As Last Meal by kaboninc(m): 3:17pm On May 25, 2015
MizMyColi:

Hehehehe
I don't know much on the subject either, but hey, I was talking with Truckie....even if I goof, I knew he'd correct me without taking my head to the cleaners.gringrin

To your question...

My problem with federalism is not with the system itself but with those who manage this system.
Other parts of the world either practice this system of governance or a unitary government.
Here in Nigeria, it has been marred with imbalance, instability, conflicts and divisiveness.

It feels like a particular section feeds off of this nations's collective wealth while a certain other is marginalized.

Even among our ruling class, there is division and insincerity of purpose.

If Nigeria will remain a federation, the need and cries to create a balance of sorts as far as the many interests of this nation is concerned, will always be there.

I mentioned the constitution because I feel it favours a certain section of the Nigerian populace more.
Let there be a free and fair federal constitutional modus vivendi whereby the true representatives of the Nigerian people are wholly involved.

We don't want the same set of people who keep recycling and reinventing themselves through their puppets.

Give us genuine democracy, or like Truckie suggested, a true Police statesmiley

All you said it not just peculiar to Nigeria but in every country of the world, including the US and Iran!

Still, it would have been better if you had channeled your grouse to those who manage this system and not the system itself.

The unifying factor here is power, acquisition of power. For those who strike a compromise (like how Europe shared Africa), peace is guaranteed to reign and should there not be a compromise, then hell is let loose. Here in Nigeria, we are yet to strike that balance or rather, we're making progress. Progress in the sense that the South West could partner with the North to grab power.

Now the issue of morality will depend on how vocal the masses are. When the people begin to loose patience on leaders, every game, every power play must be skewed in favour of what the people want. So if we are crying for electricity, and you feel that providing electricity will get you into power, you'd use our interest to achieve your aim.

I also think the nation is currently tending towards a balanced state - though it may never:
1. The South-South who claim they the lay the golden egg gets the largest share of the national cake. What they do with it depends on them.
2. The North claims the have been forgotten in areas of medical care, education, infrastructure are being considered. Most infrastrutural products - dams, silos, roads, schools - are being sited in the North.
3. The South East claim marginalization but recent policies of this administration favours them - Auto Policy, construction of roads, International Airport, Bridges, etc.

So in all, we are getting there.

For those recycling and reinventing themselves through their puppet, consider that you have a large interest in a corporation. Don't you think you'd want your puppet/prodigy to run that corporation? Should he renege, you want to fire him.

My dear, that's how power works.

So I think the best way would be for them to actually fight themselves. That way, they open their weaknesses and boom, we swoop in. Then take control. Then we fight ourselves. And another takes control and the cycle continues on an on.

Federalism is not a fraud. I think most State Governors in Nigeria are just being lazy. I don't think any State is not capable of paying salaries and meeting current obligations. Most countries just looked inward to be creative. Ours just feel like Abuja should be the only source of income. If States were private organisations, most if not all governors would have been sacked! Now look at Abia State. The governor can enter into an agreement with private consortium to build refineries. The only contribution they would make is contributing a large portion of land and tax free holidays for the company.

But like I said, power is just the reason these guys are in power. Power first! Either consciously or subconsciously. Every other thing is secondary.

Politics is just a way of life and a culture.

In summary, my point is that we just do not have to take these shenanigans personal.

(1) (Reply)

Celebrity Saw Hidden Mirror In Her Hotel Toilet. Says,someone's Watching Her Poo / No Mass-com In Unad; Skiibii Where Did You Get Your Degree From / Mercy Aigbe,Iyabo Ojo,Femi Adebayo,Ronke Oshodi Storm Ankara Ball Show(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.